13.2 and maps app = no sound

santasimage

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Running the Public Beta on an iPhone Pro Max and the map app isn’t speaking the directions. It will say “stay in the left lane” but not give the 10mile and 2 mile commands. While listening to a podcast the sound will pause at the 10mile mark but maps will not give the command. An iPhone XR is running properly at the same time. Neither iPhone is hooked to the car system. This problem just started today. Any ideas other than quitting the Beta?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not on the Beta, so I can't be of much help to you. Hopefully, someone else who is will come along soon and chime in. Also, have you submitted feedback to Apple about this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Running the Public Beta on an iPhone Pro Max and the map app isn’t speaking the directions. It will say “stay in the left lane” but not give the 10mile and 2 mile commands. While listening to a podcast the sound will pause at the 10mile mark but maps will not give the command. An iPhone XR is running properly at the same time. Neither iPhone is hooked to the car system. This problem just started today. Any ideas other than quitting the Beta?

What 10-mile and 2-mile command?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Restart your device and see if the problem is solved.

santasimage

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Restarted both maps & iPhone separately = no help.

When driving a route Maps will say “turn left in 10 miles” then “turn left in 2 miles”.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2