Switching from XS Max to iPhone 11?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So...truthfully how BIG is the max for girl hands? The last big phone I had was the 7 Plus, and I went to the X when it launched two years ago because I missed the smaller footprint. Now, I’m torn between staying with the smaller footprint or going back to the bigger screen, but I love being able to one hand and I *could* one hand the 7 Plus but it took some juggling (thank god for piano player fingers).

In day to day, I’m not talking looking at it connected to 11 million security connections but in day to day real world, for girls and our pockets is it TOO big, because I remember the 7 Plus was pushing it for me.

My wife has little tiny baby hands and she loves her Max phone.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I’m switching from the XS Max (silver) to the 11. The Max is just too big for me. I had the X and it was too small. Thinking the 11 will be the perfect size. Plus, I’m finally starting to like my phones in the fun colors. Tired of the standard black, white, etc. Excited for my purple 11 to arrive.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
In the last year I have owned a Vivo Nex S, iPhone XR, Samsung S10 Plus, and now a OnePlus 7 Pro. I would not consider it a waste. I buy and sell, plus I take advantage of interest free financing and special promos. I just really enjoy trying new things!
I used to do that. It gets just too time consuming. Now I have a drawer full of old phones and use the oldest for trade in or give them away. When I was changing phones every few months or so I actually never spent a single $ other then the price of the 1st phone and in the end I came out ahead with a free phone basically. Just have to know the best deals and eventually someone will pay good money for a good device.

sallenthornton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Zero chance. I really like the iPhone Max. It’s a great phone and does everything I need it to do. These phones cost so much, it’s not fiscally responsible for me to upgrade each year.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine the XS Max to 11 switch but possibly a switch to 3 camera Pro in the right circumstances such as one of the kids phones having an early death.

For more photography capability, I need to remember I have a high end SLR system.

Replacing an aging laptop is all I can think of that would be new technology and wise money management because the XS Max and my Series 4 watch are still truly great.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I've executed my plan.....traded in the Max for the Note 10+. Had problems with old notifications reappearing (could not fix this no matter what I tried) and very slow response to app store over cellular network. Got fed up and got the Note. Really nice phone and surprisingly good battery life. I'll take another look when iPhone 12 rolls out next year.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've executed my plan.....traded in the Max for the Note 10+. Had problems with old notifications reappearing (could not fix this no matter what I tried) and very slow response to app store over cellular network. Got fed up and got the Note. Really nice phone and surprisingly good battery life. I'll take another look when iPhone 12 rolls out next year.

I always wonder about carriers and personal settings with comments like that because I'm in enterprise IT and we have around 750 employees who use personal phones for some of the systems. There's no choice but to have Apple and Android work and most issues are carrier, personal configuration, device age, and support.

Regardless, I really like the way they fit the screen in the new Note products. Good luck!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My brother is getting the 11 Max pro I am staying with my xs Max. Only have had 7 months and still paying on it . Works perfectly and I love my ohone🥰

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the sidelines. What I have is tremendous. Travel creating a desire for new cameras or wrecking my phone are all I can think of for reasons to change right now.

My advice to some is different. If one doesn't have an all screen or more than one rear facing camera I see the new models as great options.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Almost 2 weeks after the new iPhones launched, and I haven’t bit the upgrade bullet yet. I’m still holding out to switch carriers next year and pay outright for the 2020 iPhone. Hoping I can stick to this for the next 11.5 months.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Would you guys say jumping from the xs max to the 11 be a downgrade? I really want the camera ? And the phone size is just right.

That’s a matter of personal preference, really. Of the differences between them, the OLED vs LCD is the killer for me. I need the OLED panel of the Max for visibility in bright daylight more than the camera on the 11. So to me, the 11 is a downgrade.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Would you guys say jumping from the xs max to the 11 be a downgrade? I really want the camera ? And the phone size is just right.

I went from a xs to xr. I will say the 6.1” is the sweet spot however, there is a big difference in screen quality, and it’s a hard pill to swallow when you spend a year with an OLED screen. If you have the extra money, get the pro or stick with the XS max.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Go into a store and hold the two devices side by side. I personally can DEFINITELY tell a difference in screen quality.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods