Switching from XS Max to iPhone 11?

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I got sucked into the apple upgrade program so it would be dumb of me not to upgrade, especially if the new iPhone is the same price or less monthly.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I will get this years and may likely skip next years. 5G is nice, but its not everywhere and certainly not where I am. 5G is a battery killer and causes a lot of heat and since Apple refuses to make the phones thicker to support an actual battery that will support that type of power need I will see what comes of the 12s the year after.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If all they are offering is a camera upgrade and a better chip then no. I’m not interested in three cameras or “faster processing”. The only feature they could add that I can even imagine right now that would make me consider is Apple Pencil support.

Quite frankly I think the three camera array in the rumors looks terrible.

However I may just bite the bullet at the last minute and hate myself for have no self control.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
If all they are offering is a camera upgrade and a better chip then no. I’m not interested in three cameras or “faster processing”. The only feature they could add that I can even imagine right now that would make me consider is Apple Pencil support.

Quite frankly I think the three camera array in the rumors looks terrible.

However I may just bite the bullet at the last minute and hate myself for have no self control.

I agree. Would switch if pencil was compatible. I don’t need 3 cameras but pencil capability I would jump on it!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This whole last year I said I wouldn’t upgrade but as the event as gotten closer I’ve changed my tune since I’m on IUP LOL.

But I’m still waiting for my final decision to be made after the event tomorrow.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Wow you waste a lot of money on phones lol

In the last year I have owned a Vivo Nex S, iPhone XR, Samsung S10 Plus, and now a OnePlus 7 Pro. I would not consider it a waste. I buy and sell, plus I take advantage of interest free financing and special promos. I just really enjoy trying new things!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My intentions are to keep my Max. But the new lineup is stunning. I still may hold off because I really want to see Apple incorporate the pencil to work with the iPhone

I vested a lot into the Max. Cases and the battery case. The midnight green sure is tempting. Lol

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
After watching the keynote, I am set on upgrading my XS Max to the 11 Pro Max in silver or gold. I’m going to wait a few months, to see the reviews on reception, before I upgrade.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up an XS MAX yesterday. Didn’t really like the 11. I don’t know maybe it’s just me. Bought it for the screen. Saved a little money on it too. Had the X before this. First time I had a phone for two years. Used to upgrade every year.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
No. I’m keeping my XS Max for another year...or so that’s my plan.

I really like my Max, I’m not much of a photographer, and the camera setup on the 11 is...well, fugly to say the least.

Nope, Apple won’t snare me this year with the modicum of changes/adds. Maybe next year!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I said I was going to stay with my max but I changed my mind 11pro max here I come

So...truthfully how BIG is the max for girl hands? The last big phone I had was the 7 Plus, and I went to the X when it launched two years ago because I missed the smaller footprint. Now, I’m torn between staying with the smaller footprint or going back to the bigger screen, but I love being able to one hand and I *could* one hand the 7 Plus but it took some juggling (thank god for piano player fingers).

In day to day, I’m not talking looking at it connected to 11 million security connections but in day to day real world, for girls and our pockets is it TOO big, because I remember the 7 Plus was pushing it for me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As long as I don't have the cellular issues with the Intel modem I'm selling my XS Max and getting the 11 Pro. I much prefer the smaller size now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2