Bogus emails from iTunes

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Has anybody else been getting emails supposedly from iTunes regarding a purchase that you made? I know that I didn’t order anything or purchase anything from iTunes. It wants me to open a PDF to view my receipt etc. I just close and delete the email. I’ve noticed the emails come to my email address that is NOT the email address I use for Apple. Big red flag there – LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else been getting emails supposedly from iTunes regarding a purchase that you made? I know that I didn’t order anything or purchase anything from iTunes. It wants me to open a PDF to view my receipt etc. I just close and delete the email. I’ve noticed the emails come to my email address that is NOT the email address I use for Apple. Big red flag there – LOL

Big red flag indeed......I’ve never known Apple to attach a file to any of the emails I’ve received from them. All of my email receipts clear state what I’ve purchased.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I received some of them last year and I never opened them knowing I hadn't made a purchase recently you are right just delete , delete big scam.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven’t gotten any recently, but HAVE gotten quite a few in the last couple of years. It’s definitely something to ignore!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Next time forward these emails to reportphishing@apple.com. They can take action or warn their users about it.

https://www.apple.com/ca/legal/more-resources/phishing/#mn_p

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I got one asking for billing info, SSN, home address and Apple ID login credentials. I happily have them the info they requested.

I mean, it came from Apple. It has to be legit, right?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I got one asking for billing info, SSN, home address and Apple ID login credentials. I happily have them the info they requested.

I mean, it came from Apple. It has to be legit, right?

It is legit. I did give them the info too. My back account numbers conveniently begins with fu and ends with smd.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I feel bad for those who fall prey to scams. The elderly are the most harmed by these con artists. All kinds of situations out there we need to be mindful of.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods