Has anybody else been getting emails supposedly from iTunes regarding a purchase that you made? I know that I didn’t order anything or purchase anything from iTunes. It wants me to open a PDF to view my receipt etc. I just close and delete the email. I’ve noticed the emails come to my email address that is NOT the email address I use for Apple. Big red flag there – LOL
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-06-2019 04:05 PM
    Has anybody else been getting emails supposedly from iTunes regarding a purchase that you made? I know that I didn’t order anything or purchase anything from iTunes. It wants me to open a PDF to view my receipt etc. I just close and delete the email. I’ve noticed the emails come to my email address that is NOT the email address I use for Apple. Big red flag there – LOL
    Big red flag indeed......I’ve never known Apple to attach a file to any of the emails I’ve received from them. All of my email receipts clear state what I’ve purchased.
    07-06-2019 04:14 PM
    I received some of them last year and I never opened them knowing I hadn't made a purchase recently you are right just delete , delete big scam.
    07-06-2019 05:18 PM
    I haven’t gotten any recently, but HAVE gotten quite a few in the last couple of years. It’s definitely something to ignore!
    07-06-2019 05:20 PM
    It’s spam. I get them at least once or twice a month. I just delete them.
    07-06-2019 09:14 PM
    It’s good to ignore. I always do
    07-07-2019 03:20 AM
    Next time forward these emails to reportphishing@apple.com. They can take action or warn their users about it.

https://www.apple.com/ca/legal/more-...phishing/#mn_p
    Just_Me_D and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-07-2019 03:23 AM
    Next time forward these emails to reportphishing@apple.com. They can take action or warn their users about it.

Thanks, I will
    07-07-2019 08:42 AM
    I got one asking for billing info, SSN, home address and Apple ID login credentials. I happily have them the info they requested.

I mean, it came from Apple. It has to be legit, right?
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    07-07-2019 10:24 AM

I forgot about this option! Thanks for the reminder!
    07-07-2019 10:46 AM
    I got one asking for billing info, SSN, home address and Apple ID login credentials. I happily have them the info they requested.

I mean, it came from Apple. It has to be legit, right?
    It is legit. I did give them the info too. My back account numbers conveniently begins with fu and ends with smd.
    Lee_Bo, Annie_8plus and Jude526 like this.
    07-07-2019 11:17 AM
    It is legit. I did give them the info too. My back account numbers conveniently begins with fu and ends with smd.
    Mine ends with KMA.
    Tartarus, Annie_8plus and Jude526 like this.
    07-07-2019 11:46 AM
    I feel bad for those who fall prey to scams. The elderly are the most harmed by these con artists. All kinds of situations out there we need to be mindful of.
    Laura Knotek and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-14-2019 01:52 AM