I tend to have 2 smartphones to switch back and forth between. Right now I have the XS Max and a Samsung S10plus. I just cant commit to one device or the other. My biggest issue with the Max is the lack of fast charging. Drives me crazy. The battery life is a beast but it takes forever to charge. The battery life isnt terrible on the s10plus, and it charges super quick, but the battery seems to run down quicker than I would like. I really want to commit to one ecosystem or the other, I'm so frustrated.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-24-2019 05:30 PM
    I tend to have 2 smartphones to switch back and forth between. Right now I have the XS Max and a Samsung S10plus. I just cant commit to one device or the other. My biggest issue with the Max is the lack of fast charging. Drives me crazy. The battery life is a beast but it takes forever to charge. The battery life isnt terrible on the s10plus, and it charges super quick, but the battery seems to run down quicker than I would like. I really want to commit to one ecosystem or the other, I'm so frustrated.
    For me the answer is Apple. So much so that I’m even allergic to the name of Samsung.
    If you get an iPad charger brick for your iPhone it will charge significantly faster. That’s what I do and it really works like a charm.
    I’d say give it a try.
    Jude526, cinnamin and iwoodland like this.
    06-24-2019 05:49 PM
    I am also in the market for a new smartwatch so I am trying to make my decision before I buy one.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-24-2019 05:50 PM
    I am also in the market for a new smartwatch so I am trying to make my decision before I buy one.
    The Apple Watch is by far the best smartwatch there is on the market. It’s the best selling smartwatch to date and prognosis is that this won’t change in the near future.
    Inform yourself well before getting one.
    iwoodland likes this.
    06-24-2019 05:52 PM
    The iPhone can charge fast, but as mentioned, you need to use an iPad charger (at a minimum), or better yet, a Macbook cable.If you want the fast charging, but don't have one of those chargers, I recommend finding a USB-C cable and a USB-C charging brick (that supports Apple products) on Amazon.
    06-25-2019 02:00 PM
    If you don’t have the iPad charger or a wireless charger Belkin is excellent. I got mine on eBay to save money. Well worth it. Mine charges up quickly. I have their wireless too
    I am pleased with Apple. I won’t revert to Samsung. And Apple most definitely had the best smart watch on the market. I am hooked
    06-25-2019 09:27 PM
    Apple Provide, iPhone fast charges up to 50 percent in 30 minutes when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters: Apple 18W, 29W, 30W, 61W, or 87W USB-C Power Adapter.
    06-26-2019 02:48 AM
    I’m just using the one Apple sent in the box. So I should be looking for something else?
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-28-2019 08:44 PM
    I’m just using the one Apple sent in the box. So I should be looking for something else?
    If you want to charge faster than with the charger that came in your box, you could get an iPad charger or any other one with a higher wattage.
    06-29-2019 05:46 AM
    I use the 18w official Apple Charger with the USB-C to Lightning cable. My phone charges from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes and from 0% to 100% in 1,5 hours. This charger is also quite nice when you want to charge it fast in between activities.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-29-2019 05:57 AM
    If you want to charge faster than with the charger that came in your box, you could get an iPad charger or any other one with a higher wattage.
    I agree with @Tartarus. The charging cube that comes with the iPad will charge your phone faster than the charging cube that comes with the iPhone.
    06-29-2019 07:16 AM
    The Apple Watch is by far the best smartwatch there is on the market. It’s the best selling smartwatch to date and prognosis is that this won’t change in the near future.
    Fanboy!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-29-2019 08:32 AM
    Fanboy!
    You bet. I’m not ashamed to be an Apple Fanboy.

It’s the most bestest thing that ever happened to me.
    Oh, and to debunk your comment: I did say “or any other charger with a higher wattage”
    Annie_8plus and dazzlingirl like this.
    06-29-2019 09:27 AM
    I think I am gonna wait and see what comes out in September. Not planning to change my phone but I want to see what the next watch offers. I am still researching everything about the watch, in the meantime.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-29-2019 10:15 AM
    Also, with the watch, here’s my dilemma. My carrier is XFINITY Wireless. They don’t offer the Apple Watch. So, I would have to get the GPS version. Pros and cons?
    06-29-2019 10:30 AM
    Also, with the watch, here’s my dilemma. My carrier is XFINITY Wireless. They don’t offer the Apple Watch. So, I would have to get the GPS version. Pros and cons?
    Pros: cheaper, slightly lighter weight.
    Cons: you can’t leave your phone at home and expect to be reachable and get notifications, make phone calls etcetera.
    06-29-2019 10:54 AM
    Pros: cheaper, slightly lighter weight.
    Cons: you can’t leave your phone at home and expect to be reachable and get notifications, make phone calls etcetera.
    Dumb question- can I still get calls and texts on GPS?
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-29-2019 06:48 PM
    You can, as long as you have your iPhone with you or at a maximum distance of 30ft (100 mtr).

Ps: there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, a wise man once said.
    Annie_8plus and Jude526 like this.
    06-29-2019 06:57 PM
    I had the GPS prior to the cellular version. You can still talk on the watch. I would voice text.
    It works 30ft away. Too bad they don’t offer cellular. I like walking and being able to leave phone at home
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    07-14-2019 12:25 AM
    I never thought I’d want to leave my phone behind but it has been convenient from time to time. I have the cellular version and love it, but plenty of my friends and family are quite happy with their GPS version, so I think you’ll be fine, especially if you’ve never had a cellular version! Go for it!
    07-14-2019 01:11 PM
    Yes with Wi-Fi. I should preface that it depends on your phone company. My phone company allows Wi-Fi Calling on my Apple Watch GPS, which includes texting.
    07-15-2019 05:21 PM
    The Apple Watch is mostly in a league of its own with no signs of that changing soon. There are some devices for endurance sports competition that can be better but not for everyday life. That might determine what phone platform.

A Mac desktop or laptop can also make it hard to consider another phone platform. The handoff and continuity features are best.

I don't get the brand fanboy luxury as an IT admin. I use and support lots of stuff that's good but never find anything charging related as a knock against the Apple phone and watch platform being so good.
    08-11-2019 08:57 AM
    Your best bet is to use an iPad charger if you have one or buy a fast charger online. The official USB-C to lightning cable and fast charging brick are both sold separately and the price is significantly more than ones that you can get online, which is why I wouldn’t recommend getting them. One from a brand like Belkin, Juice and Anker is probably best...especially Anker.
    08-14-2019 12:16 PM
    For me the answer is Apple. So much so that I’m even allergic to the name of Samsung.
    If you get an iPad charger brick for your iPhone it will charge significantly faster. That’s what I do and it really works like a charm.
    I’d say give it a try.
    Not trying to insult you, but you seem like a definite Apple fanboy. Not an insult, just a remark. Apple really should include a fast charger in the box in my opinion.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-14-2019 12:19 PM
    Not trying to insult you, but you seem like a definite Apple fanboy. Not an insult, just a remark. Apple really should include a fast charger in the box in my opinion.
    Guilty as charged. I even acknowledged it in this thread.

I agree that Apple should include a fast charger.
    Golurk likes this.
    08-14-2019 01:44 PM
35 12