Fast charging

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am also in the market for a new smartwatch so I am trying to make my decision before I buy one.

The Apple Watch is mostly in a league of its own with no signs of that changing soon. There are some devices for endurance sports competition that can be better but not for everyday life. That might determine what phone platform.

A Mac desktop or laptop can also make it hard to consider another phone platform. The handoff and continuity features are best.

I don't get the brand fanboy luxury as an IT admin. I use and support lots of stuff that's good but never find anything charging related as a knock against the Apple phone and watch platform being so good.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I’m just using the one Apple sent in the box. So I should be looking for something else?

Your best bet is to use an iPad charger if you have one or buy a fast charger online. The official USB-C to lightning cable and fast charging brick are both sold separately and the price is significantly more than ones that you can get online, which is why I wouldn’t recommend getting them. One from a brand like Belkin, Juice and Anker is probably best...especially Anker.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
For me the answer is Apple. So much so that I’m even allergic to the name of Samsung.
If you get an iPad charger brick for your iPhone it will charge significantly faster. That’s what I do and it really works like a charm.
I’d say give it a try.

Not trying to insult you, but you seem like a definite Apple fanboy. Not an insult, just a remark. Apple really should include a fast charger in the box in my opinion.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to insult you, but you seem like a definite Apple fanboy. Not an insult, just a remark. Apple really should include a fast charger in the box in my opinion.

Guilty as charged. I even acknowledged it in this thread.
3459df97e6dfcd83958c2024f94c2b8c.jpg

I agree that Apple should include a fast charger.

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
I use Asus 18W USB-C Fast Charging bricks with the Apple Type C to Lightning cable, along with 10w iPad bricks and a 24W Turbo car charger for my XR. It charges it super fast and I highly recommend them to everyone. I even use a 10' lightning cable with my iPad brick and it charges just as fast!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone charger is 5 watts I believe. The iPad charger is 10 watts, I believe.

You can get a USB-C charger enabling charging up to around 18 watts. What's what I got. Fast charging is an option. It just doesn't come standard. If you don't already have an iPad charger...I wouldn't waste money buying one. I'd get a USB-C 18 watt charger. You'll also need the USB-C to Lightening cable. You can find those for anywhere from 20-30 bucks. I'd be careful on Amazon. You don't want to get a cheap one that hasn't been safety tested. I'd go to a local electronics store. BestBuy or Apple or something. I wouldn't go cheap on chargers.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I tend to have 2 smartphones to switch back and forth between. Right now I have the XS Max and a Samsung S10plus. I just cant commit to one device or the other. My biggest issue with the Max is the lack of fast charging. Drives me crazy. The battery life is a beast but it takes forever to charge. The battery life isnt terrible on the s10plus, and it charges super quick, but the battery seems to run down quicker than I would like. I really want to commit to one ecosystem or the other, I'm so frustrated.

Have you tried a fast charger on iPhone? Get a USB-C PD that delivers 18W from Amazon and a USB-C to lightning cable. If the battery is below 70%, the iPhone will use the higher voltage to rapid charge. It mat not be as fast as Samsung but it’s pretty fast.

This one is perfect for iPhone:
https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Anke...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3153868
And any USB-C to lightning cable should work. Anker does have them and they also have this 3-in-1 https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerl...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3153868

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Could I use the Google type c charging block I got with my pixel 2 and just buy a type c to lightning cord and fast charge my iPhone XS?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal