Fast charging

Leslie Hatcher

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I tend to have 2 smartphones to switch back and forth between. Right now I have the XS Max and a Samsung S10plus. I just cant commit to one device or the other. My biggest issue with the Max is the lack of fast charging. Drives me crazy. The battery life is a beast but it takes forever to charge. The battery life isnt terrible on the s10plus, and it charges super quick, but the battery seems to run down quicker than I would like. I really want to commit to one ecosystem or the other, I'm so frustrated.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I tend to have 2 smartphones to switch back and forth between. Right now I have the XS Max and a Samsung S10plus. I just cant commit to one device or the other. My biggest issue with the Max is the lack of fast charging. Drives me crazy. The battery life is a beast but it takes forever to charge. The battery life isnt terrible on the s10plus, and it charges super quick, but the battery seems to run down quicker than I would like. I really want to commit to one ecosystem or the other, I'm so frustrated.

For me the answer is Apple. So much so that I’m even allergic to the name of Samsung.
If you get an iPad charger brick for your iPhone it will charge significantly faster. That’s what I do and it really works like a charm.
I’d say give it a try.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am also in the market for a new smartwatch so I am trying to make my decision before I buy one.

The Apple Watch is by far the best smartwatch there is on the market. It’s the best selling smartwatch to date and prognosis is that this won’t change in the near future.
Inform yourself well before getting one.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone can charge fast, but as mentioned, you need to use an iPad charger (at a minimum), or better yet, a Macbook cable.If you want the fast charging, but don't have one of those chargers, I recommend finding a USB-C cable and a USB-C charging brick (that supports Apple products) on Amazon.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
If you don’t have the iPad charger or a wireless charger Belkin is excellent. I got mine on eBay to save money. Well worth it. Mine charges up quickly. I have their wireless too
I am pleased with Apple. I won’t revert to Samsung. And Apple most definitely had the best smart watch on the market. I am hooked

flica66

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Apple Provide, iPhone fast charges up to 50 percent in 30 minutes when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters: Apple 18W, 29W, 30W, 61W, or 87W USB-C Power Adapter.

kaisoj

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I use the 18w official Apple Charger with the USB-C to Lightning cable. My phone charges from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes and from 0% to 100% in 1,5 hours. This charger is also quite nice when you want to charge it fast in between activities.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you want to charge faster than with the charger that came in your box, you could get an iPad charger or any other one with a higher wattage.

I agree with @Tartarus. The charging cube that comes with the iPad will charge your phone faster than the charging cube that comes with the iPhone.

Mrsfwh3

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
The Apple Watch is by far the best smartwatch there is on the market. It’s the best selling smartwatch to date and prognosis is that this won’t change in the near future.
Inform yourself well before getting one.

I think I am gonna wait and see what comes out in September. Not planning to change my phone but I want to see what the next watch offers. I am still researching everything about the watch, in the meantime.

Mrsfwh3

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Also, with the watch, here’s my dilemma. My carrier is XFINITY Wireless. They don’t offer the Apple Watch. So, I would have to get the GPS version. Pros and cons?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Also, with the watch, here’s my dilemma. My carrier is XFINITY Wireless. They don’t offer the Apple Watch. So, I would have to get the GPS version. Pros and cons?

Pros: cheaper, slightly lighter weight.
Cons: you can’t leave your phone at home and expect to be reachable and get notifications, make phone calls etcetera.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Dumb question- can I still get calls and texts on GPS?

I had the GPS prior to the cellular version. You can still talk on the watch. I would voice text.
It works 30ft away. Too bad they don’t offer cellular. I like walking and being able to leave phone at home

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I never thought I’d want to leave my phone behind but it has been convenient from time to time. I have the cellular version and love it, but plenty of my friends and family are quite happy with their GPS version, so I think you’ll be fine, especially if you’ve never had a cellular version! Go for it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR