I'm just curious about people's experience with the eSIM in the Xs Max (or the Xs or Xr). From the last I saw, eSIM has never really worked well. Yes, some people have signed up and used it on AT&T and Verizon but, even though it has been supported by those carriers, I've continued to hear about issues with voicemail and messaging, and possibly other issues. T-Mobile only supports it on prepaid, though you can try a "work around" to try and get it working on postpaid -- though again I've heard of similar issues (which allegedly is why T-Mobile doesn't support it on postpaid).

So, I'm curious what others have seen and experienced. Is this a feature Apple has failed on? Or are many now having a good experience with eSIM -- if they are on one of the major carriers?
    05-05-2019 11:07 PM
    I have it on AT&T and it works just fine for me.
    05-05-2019 11:29 PM
    I'm just curious about people's experience with the eSIM in the Xs Max (or the Xs or Xr). From the last I saw, eSIM has never really worked well. Yes, some people have signed up and used it on AT&T and Verizon but, even though it has been supported by those carriers, I've continued to hear about issues with voicemail and messaging, and possibly other issues. T-Mobile only supports it on prepaid, though you can try a "work around" to try and get it working on postpaid -- though again I've heard of similar issues (which allegedly is why T-Mobile doesn't support it on postpaid).

So, I'm curious what others have seen and experienced. Is this a feature Apple has failed on? Or are many now having a good experience with eSIM -- if they are on one of the major carriers?
    I am using an eSIM with AT&T. It is working fine.
    05-06-2019 07:00 PM
    Yes it works. I have my physical SIM on VzW and my eSIM on ATT
    05-06-2019 07:01 PM
    Does eSIM really work?
    Not on Mint Mobile.

Sorry.......couldn't resist. :-)
    05-07-2019 07:46 AM
    Works fine on all carriers that support it. You can get it working with that work around on T-Mobile but I personally wouldn't recommend it.
    05-10-2019 04:20 PM
    I moved to eSIM on AT&T when I got mine but honestly I don't see a reason to keep it that way. First you can't simply move your eSIM service to another phone you have to go into the store and waste an hour or so of your life getting it done. I am going back to regular old SIM when I have the time so I can simply put it into the phone of my choice without delay.
    06-04-2019 04:34 PM
    First you can't simply move your eSIM service to another phone you have to go into the store and waste an hour or so of your life getting it done.
    Are you in the U.S. or someplace else? All they need to do is send a QR code and that's pretty much it.
    06-07-2019 07:18 PM
    Are you in the U.S. or someplace else? All they need to do is send a QR code and that's pretty much it.
    This correct. I went to AT&T and they gave me a card with a QR code and I scanned it with my phone and it pretty much programmed itself.
    06-07-2019 08:07 PM
    This correct. I went to AT&T and they gave me a card with a QR code and I scanned it with my phone and it pretty much programmed itself.
    Heck, you can just request one online through a rep and they'll send it right away. And if you travel abroad and buy a pre-paid with a QR code it's that instant.
    scruffypig likes this.
    06-07-2019 10:24 PM