Verizon has the deals📱:Get an iPhone 7 Plus for $5 a month
    I'm curious on this because I just did. It's not so much because of LTE speeds on Verizon but more so about coverage in areas where I usually have great coverage and no dropouts. I went through 3 different XS Max's before I realized it's either the antennas or the Intel modem. It was just getting bad. I hate that I'm going back to a smaller size but it is what it is.

I ended up getting an X for $699 unlocked at Best Buy without paying tax. Funny enough, I actually sold my X in January for $800 so depending on how much I sell the Max for, I won't lose too much. Has anyone else done the same?
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    04-26-2019 01:18 PM
    One of the reasons I stayed with my X was the rumors I heard about the dropped reception

I know it hasn’t happened to everyone but reception is poor in my area as is on Sprint so why take the chance. Yes I could switch carriers but I’ve only known Sprint since 1999 and like there service. Starting to get Advanced LTE in the city but I live rural and my X holds a good signal
    04-26-2019 02:27 PM
    Mine was the opposite. I’m on at&t and when I had my X, I had poor reception in certain areas of my home and work. Since I’ve upgraded to the Max, I no longer have reception issues at home or work. The two extra atennas in this case do make a difference for me. Sometimes It depends on the carrier and phone.
    04-26-2019 04:34 PM
    We have 3 iPhone XS Max phones on our Verizon plan -- no issues.
    Spencerdl and imwjl like this.
    04-26-2019 05:30 PM
    Mine was the opposite. I’m on at&t and when I had my X, I had poor reception in certain areas of my home and work. Since I’ve upgraded to the Max, I no longer have reception issues at home or work. The two extra atennas in this case do make a difference for me. Sometimes It depends on the carrier and phone.
    The X model for AT&T uses the Intel modem, coincidentally.
    04-26-2019 05:33 PM
    I carry both a X & XS, and find myself using my X more often because of the connection issues. The XS is always losing signal where my X still has it. My calls, also, end up sounding robotic at times. It’s really weird. Both devices are on Verizon, & the XS doesn’t even have a case on it. I use an Apple folio on the X.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-26-2019 10:18 PM
    The X model for AT&T uses the Intel modem, coincidentally.
    Correct. I’ve wonder about that and most likely why I think the two extra atennas fixes the reception issue for me. What’s interesting, Qualcomm LTE modem is faster than that of Intel. I’m getting faster speeds with my Max. In comparison to the iPhone X, the iPhone XS Max offers much faster performance thanks to its antennas, which now support 4×4 MIMO. In PCMag’s testing, the iPhone X averaged right around 200Mbps download speeds, while the iPhone XS Max averaged just under 400Mbps – both under good signal conditions. That’s a dramatic iPhone XS LTE performance bump compared to last year’s model.
    Last edited by Seneca09; 04-26-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    04-26-2019 10:32 PM
    So are the people who are having connection issues with their iPhone XS using Verizon, AT&T or Another carrier?
    04-27-2019 06:37 AM
    So are the people who are having connection issues with their iPhone XS using Verizon, AT&T or Another carrier?
    It depends. As some stated, Verizon, Sprint and AT&T have had their share of connection issues. T-Mobile I would think some have experienced it as well. CDMA and GSM both are good and bad in some areas. CDMA technology is better for receiving signals through buildings but cannot make voice calls and transmit data at the same time. Whereas, GSM can obtain both.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-27-2019 06:53 AM
    It depends. As some stated, Verizon, Sprint and AT&T have had their share of connection issues. T-Mobile I would think some have experienced it as well. CDMA and GSM both are good and bad in some areas. CDMA technology is better for receiving signals through buildings but cannot make voice calls and transmit data at the same time. Whereas, GSM can obtain both.
    Oh okay. Thank you!
    Seneca09 likes this.
    04-27-2019 07:13 AM
    Since September, from all the complaints like mine that I have read online, I don’t think I’ve read any at all from people on T-Mobile if I had to ballpark it. I think it’s because the XS added the extra band that mostly benefits T-Mobile.
    Seneca09 likes this.
    04-27-2019 09:28 AM
    But GSM and CDMA doesn't matter if on LTE. That only matters if the phone falls back to 3G or HSPA.
    04-27-2019 09:35 AM
    Since September, from all the complaints like mine that I have read online, I don’t think I’ve read any at all from people on T-Mobile if I had to ballpark it. I think it’s because the XS added the extra band that mostly benefits T-Mobile.
    The extra band on T-Mobile is definitely helpful in lower signal areas but that band isn't everywhere so there are phones not using it due to that reason.
    04-27-2019 09:36 AM
    We have 3 iPhone XS Max phones on our Verizon plan -- no issues.
    Same here. I don't have any connection issues. This is my first time hearing about connection issues with Xs Max...I need to do some research on this issue.
    Almeuit likes this.
    04-27-2019 09:59 AM
    But GSM and CDMA doesn't matter if on LTE. That only matters if the phone falls back to 3G or HSPA.
    Which is why they’re working on VoLTE to solve the voice over CDMA problem so they can phase out 3G as early as 2019.
    04-27-2019 11:05 AM
    Which is why they’re working on VoLTE to solve the voice over CDMA problem so they can phase out 3G as early as 2019.
    Well idk if I'd say working on it since it is active. They want to phase out CDMA just like other carriers want to phase out GSM. They all want to go all LTE to repurpose spectrum from the old legacy networks.
    Seneca09 likes this.
    04-27-2019 11:12 AM
    The extra band on T-Mobile is definitely helpful in lower signal areas but that band isn't everywhere so there are phones not using it due to that reason.
    Definitely. That band is pretty much only significant to T-Mobile in the U.S. and I'm sure other international carriers.
    04-27-2019 01:12 PM
    I carry both a X & XS, and find myself using my X more often because of the connection issues. The XS is always losing signal where my X still has it. My calls, also, end up sounding robotic at times. It’s really weird. Both devices are on Verizon, & the XS doesn’t even have a case on it. I use an Apple folio on the X.
    It’s sad that in the last couple of days I feel like I upgraded my phone.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-27-2019 03:16 PM
    It’s sad that in the last couple of days I feel like I upgraded my phone.
    Yes that is sad. I'm glad I'm not having any connection issues with my Verizon Xs Max because I would hate to downgrade to the X.
    04-28-2019 12:20 AM
    My max has the connection issues. It will lose signal and never regain it back unless I restart the phone. The one day I went nearly 2 hours before I realized I had no service sitting in my living room (normally I have full service) due to the fact I went to a dead zone and it never regained signal. This happens at least twice a week.
    04-28-2019 06:40 PM
    I have the XS Max on TMobile. I noticed worse LTE service in one area since October. Other than that one time, I’ve had no issues.
    04-28-2019 07:44 PM
    the price is not bad, but I personally wont do anything like that tho.
    05-02-2019 05:34 PM
    We have some of the newer phones as company owned on US Cellular and several personally owned on Verizon and AT&T. The Max owners on US Cellular have same problems non-Max owners have. No one with Verizon complains.

Lots of employees have the Max. Pretty much every one of 700+ employees seems to use their phones for the HR system, payroll, and a but subset for 365/Azure apps.

Some might indeed have problems but I feel my IT director position would get complaints if the Intel modem and this phone really had issues. This is a big enough group in a business that never stops for me to always see when popular hardware and software really has problems that apply across the board or to many of the users. My own Max has been fine since the first software upgrade from Apple.

I can say this. A few I work with often have the X and some of us Max or XS. The face recognition and cameras always seem better with the new phones. They get used so often that I would not consider anything but the better facial recognition and cameras.
    05-11-2019 09:06 AM
    Hmm, oddly, it seems I was not paying attention. I was not even aware of a connection issue with the XS Max.
    Albeit, I do miss the size of the X. Just saying...
    05-19-2019 07:37 PM
    I need the larger screen so going back to an X wasn't an option. What sucks is that we are stuck with Intel modems again this year since they can't engineer it for the Qualcomm chips. Intel's chips are junk and Apple knew that.
    06-04-2019 04:33 PM