Favorite sports teams not working

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a XS MAX and Series 2 Watch. In the tv app on the phone I can’t add sports teams. Is this a bug or has anyone else had this problem? This has been happening since yesterday. I’ve restarted both my Watch and phone numerous times and that hasn’t worked.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok are you looking to get sports notifications to the watch? Which sport? If it's MLB or NHL, both have excellent apps that can do it. MLB At Bat, and NHL app. I would imagine the NBA and the NFL also have apps. Another solution might be the ESPN app. Ok just found the app you want, ESPN: Live Sports and Scores. (it DOES have a watch app)

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok are you looking to get sports notifications to the watch? Which sport? If it's MLB or NHL, both have excellent apps that can do it. MLB At Bat, and NHL app. I would imagine the NBA and the NFL also have apps. Another solution might be the ESPN app. Ok just found the app you want, ESPN: Live Sports and Scores. (it DOES have a watch app)

Thanks, but I’m not interested in those apps. I’m trying to get the tv app favorite teams to work and to show up on the Siri watch face. The Siri watch face stopped working with this feature a few days ago and now I can’t add teams in the tv app. Again, I’ve restarted both the Watch and phone and it doesn’t work still.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
In my house there are three other iPhones and one iPad that’s having this problem as well, so maybe the servers are down or something to get the data? I can’t add favorite sports teams in the tv app sports section.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that the Apple Watch has anything to do with it. That part of your post just confuses the question.

On my iPhone 8, iPad Air, and iPad Mini 4, I had no problem selecting favorite sports teams in the sports section in TV app.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So here's a weird thought/question.... have you somehow gotten logged out of the App? I went to check mine out of curiosity and couldn't see favorites. I realized that I needed to log in, and they showed up. Just a thought :)

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that the Apple Watch has anything to do with it. That part of your post just confuses the question.

On my iPhone 8, iPad Air, and iPad Mini 4, I had no problem selecting favorite sports teams in the sports section in TV app.

My  watch has favorite teams linked on the Siri watch face which has not been working well for a few days.

This must be a bug with all the devices in my house if it’s happening to all of them.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
So here's a weird thought/question.... have you somehow gotten logged out of the App? I went to check mine out of curiosity and couldn't see favorites. I realized that I needed to log in, and they showed up. Just a thought :)

I signed out of iTunes and back in again but the problem’s still there.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Gotcha! So my only other thought is that it must be some sort of bug, so you may want to submit feedback to Apple. Here's a link: [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html#mn_p]Apple Watch Feedback[/URL]

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Gotcha! So my only other thought is that it must be some sort of bug, so you may want to submit feedback to Apple. Here's a link: [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html#mn_p]Apple Watch Feedback[/URL]

I don’t think I’ll report it because this bug exists on the three other iPhones and one iPad in my house as well. I will monitor this problem over the weekend and see if it’ll go away. If other users are having this problem then please post it in this thread!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a XS MAX and Series 2 Watch. In the tv app on the phone I can’t add sports teams. Is this a bug or has anyone else had this problem? This has been happening since yesterday. I’ve restarted both my Watch and phone numerous times and that hasn’t worked.

I just checked on my iPhone XR. I am able to select my favorite teams just fine in the TV app.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I ended up deleting the teams and changing the Watch face. This issue was getting pretty annoying for me. I hope this is changed in watchOS 6 and iOS 13.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
It stopped working again after 12.3 and the lates Watch update came out, but then I restarted both devices and it’s been working well ever since!