Anyone having any issues after the last software update? It seems my phone is acting really wonky, freezing up when it never has before, the WiFi is so slow it might as well be off, everything is sluggish, typing etc.

I don’t have any new apps since the software update, I’ve tried doing multiple resets. It’s just acting strangely.
    04-21-2019 09:28 AM
    Happily, everything is fine on my end! Have you tried a hard reboot?
    04-21-2019 11:18 AM
    What kind of "multiple resets" did you do?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-21-2019 12:38 PM
    Anyone having any issues after the last software update? It seems my phone is acting really wonky, freezing up when it never has before, the WiFi is so slow it might as well be off, everything is sluggish, typing etc.

I don’t have any new apps since the software update, I’ve tried doing multiple resets. It’s just acting strangely.
    As asked by Ledsteplin, what type of reset did you perform? Did you reset the network settings? Did you erase all all contents and settings and then restore from a backup? If so, you may have restored the problem. I recommend you reinstall the latest iOS update and then setup the device as new and NOT from a backup.
    04-21-2019 02:09 PM
    As asked by Ledsteplin, what type of reset did you perform? Did you reset the network settings? Did you erase all all contents and settings and then restore from a backup? If so, you may have restored the problem. I recommend you reinstall the latest iOS update and then setup the device as new and NOT from a backup.
    Tried hard reboot, reset all networks and settings, I haven’t done a full wipe and restore though.
    04-21-2019 02:11 PM
    Tried hard reboot, reset all networks and settings, I haven’t done a full wipe and restore though.
    On the very few occasions I run into an issue, I won't hesitate to put my iPhone in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and then have iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS before setting it up as new. It has always corrected the issue for me, and I've done it for YEARS. In fact, I setup as new with almost every major IOS update. The next time I restore and set up as new will be when iOS 13 dev beta 1 drops in June.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    04-21-2019 02:18 PM
    Yes I have had issues, with streaming video and apps slow to fully set up, not too bad but definitely irritating !
    04-25-2019 05:51 AM
    No problems with Xs Max.
    04-25-2019 10:17 AM
    I’m still having problems, a few weeks later. Definitely going to go to the Apple store.
    05-14-2019 04:45 PM
    Sometimes a lag but other than that no issues
    05-15-2019 12:14 AM

How did you update the phone? Personally I only do software updates using iTunes on my Mac. To many times have I had to do a factory reset due to post over the air update problems. The data transmission for OTA is not a solid stable connection from Apple to your phone. That is what can lead to issues with an update. If you use iTunes, the update is downloaded to your computer and then it is installed onto you phone.

Ever since I implemented this for software updates, I haven’t experienced a single issue after an update.
    05-15-2019 08:39 PM
    No issue for me.
    05-16-2019 11:21 PM
    How did you update the phone? Personally I only do software updates using iTunes on my Mac. To many times have I had to do a factory reset due to post over the air update problems. The data transmission for OTA is not a solid stable connection from Apple to your phone. That is what can lead to issues with an update. If you use iTunes, the update is downloaded to your computer and then it is installed onto you phone.

Ever since I implemented this for software updates, I haven’t experienced a single issue after an update.
    For 7 years, all my updates have been OTA. I've never experienced any issues with that. Neither has my family. Updating with iTunes on a computer does have a few advantages, but OTA has worked fine for us. Maybe we've just been lucky. LOL
    iwoodland likes this.
    05-17-2019 06:52 AM
    I used to do updates via my PC at work, but for the last 3-4 years, I've been installing the OTA. It actually seems to work better. Just my $.02!
    05-17-2019 08:33 AM
    For 7 years, all my updates have been OTA. I've never experienced any issues with that. Neither has my family. Updating with iTunes on a computer does have a few advantages, but OTA has worked fine for us. Maybe we've just been lucky. LOL
    I’ve also been doing OTA I’ve never had an issue. I’m thinking this is more of a hardware than software thing.
    05-20-2019 09:50 AM