Hairline crack

jb_ez86

May 20, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone experienced hair line crack happen across their screen unexpectedly on the iPhone XS Max?

Had the phone for three days and an unexpected crack appeared.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had mine since launch, most of the time caseless and its flawless still. I would call Apple and get a replacement

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you still have the receipt . Head to your genius bar or carrier and tell them about it . Say it's accidental.

I’m NOT saying anybody should lie but if the word “accidental” is used Apple may not help. Apple’s warranties outside of AppleCare+ don’t cover accidental damage.
I would, however, truthfully answer their questions. If you don’t know how the crack down there tell them that. If you’ve never dropped it then tell them that too.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I’m NOT saying anybody should lie but if the word “accidental” is used Apple may not help. Apple’s warranties outside of AppleCare+ don’t cover accidental damage.
I would, however, truthfully answer their questions. If you don’t know how the crack down there tell them that. If you’ve never dropped it then tell them that too.

I had this happen with an iPad Pro. It appeared to me to be physical damage, BUT I had not done anything. I was completely honest with them. I told them I had no clue how it had happened. I told them I had it on my desk, and it was fine, but when I got back from lunch it was like that. I agreed with them that it appeared to be physical damage. I was really just hoping to get special pricing on getting it repaired or replaced. The genius told me to hold on and he would check with his manager, and THEN he came back with a brand new iPad Pro, and gave it to me! So for sure it does not hurt to check with them!

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It certainly doesn't hurt to talk to the Apple Store. I had a water damaged iPhone that I took in for an Applecare replacement. Was honest and told them it got wet and that buttons weren't working afterwards, fully expecting to pay to get it replaced. The genius told me to "don't mention the water part again and we'll just replace it under the normal warranty for defective buttons."

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my 8 plus when strong winds took it out of my hand and on a concrete patio, made an appointment at Genius Bar and they gave me a brand new 8 plus for same price as screen replacement ,where else would you go?

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my 8 plus when strong winds took it out of my hand and on a concrete patio, made an appointment at Genius Bar and they gave me a brand new 8 plus for same price as screen replacement ,where else would you go?

This right here ^^^ while every once in awhile I'll switch to Android just to try it out I always end up back with Apple. There is no better company with customer service in my opinion.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
They get a bad rap, they get bad press, and the you hear stories that remind you just how good their customer service is!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73