Anyone jumping to the s10 or s10+

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hooked 4 life lol. Will you be getting the 11 when it comes out?

It depends. I used to hop phones a lot then I kept my Pixel phone for a long time (almost a year -- yes I know that is a long time to me not many lol) and then came to iPhone. I feel I would stay w/ the XS Max unless the 11 has a wide angle lens. That would draw me a lot.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It depends. I used to hop phones a lot then I kept my Pixel phone for a long time (almost a year -- yes I know that is a long time to me not many lol) and then came to iPhone. I feel I would stay w/ the XS Max unless the 11 has a wide angle lens. That would draw me a lot.

Yeah I hear ya, a year is long for me too. I'm going to be going on 2 years with the X and anxious to see what the 11 brings. I've hopped and and forth between Android and iOS but always came back to the X. Didn't feel the XS upgrade was significant enough. The 11 will have wide angle based on all the prototype leaks for case manufacturers that just came out.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I hear ya, a year is long for me too. I'm going to be going on 2 years with the X and anxious to see what the 11 brings. I've hopped and and forth between Android and iOS but always came back to the X. Didn't feel the XS upgrade was significant enough. The 11 will have wide angle based on all the prototype leaks for case manufacturers that just came out.

I am really hoping it does. Wide angle lenses are fun to use. If it does have it I will swap since I can just trade in my XS Max back to Verizon and grab the new one.

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Have the s10 plus. Used it for 24 days. I'm back in my iPhone because I missed, iMessage, group messages and using my apple watch. I play to go back n forth between Xs max and S10 plus

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Have the s10 plus. Used it for 24 days. I'm back in my iPhone because I missed, iMessage, group messages and using my apple watch. I play to go back n forth between Xs max and S10 plus

Those reasons are why I can’t move to the s10. All of my family is on iOS. I have an iPad, an  watch and a . I just can’t get out of the walled garden!!! Haha

anon(10598448)

Apr 29, 2019
Visit site
I have an S10+ that I bought on April 8th. Love the phone. I've been an Android user since about 2013 but I've also been an iPhone user since the first iPhone and only skipped the 5, 6 and X though I had the 5S, 6S, 6S+ of those models along with the rest of each of the iPhones.

I likely also get the Note 10 when it comes out.

I use my XS Max as my daily and I bought two different colored Series 4 watches this month to replace my series 3 watches.

I think Samsung is doing some amazing things with the phones lately. The S10+ runs smooth as silk.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
After all the hype about the S10, I had a mildly used S10e deal offered me and got it to try out. I'm enough of a geek that I always tend to have both an Android and iPhone -- though the iPhone is my main. I have found myself disappointed with the S10e -- maybe because it was so hyped. It likely also is that I prefer a stock Android; while Samsung has improved their launcher with OneUI, it still isn't as good for me as a more stock Android. What really shocked me was the times, when I was only carrying the Samsung (I have a Series 4 watch to stay connected to my main phone), there were times I actually missed having my iPhone.

As a background, I've traditionally been an Android user. The first iPhone I bought was the 5s, which I go rid of after a couple of months -- the 5s just did not support some things I was using my phone for. My next try was with the iPhone 7, and the iPhone has been my main ever since. Apple has now "fixed" in iOS the things I got frustrated with, with the 5s. And the newer Android features, particularly the new Samsung features, aren't major things to me (while I like some, like Always on Display, they aren't dealbreakers).

I think for me, beyond the watch, the two main reasons for sticking with iPhone are that the apps I use are better on iOS, and I find FaceID more convenient than FPS -- particularly when wanting to use a secure app. Of course, this is what works for me, I know others have different opinions.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Even Samsung looks to be moving on form the s10.

17f8fc892db3652943ba3c45f6378a50.jpg

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Those reasons are why I can’t move to the s10. All of my family is on iOS. I have an iPad, an  watch and a . I just can’t get out of the walled garden!!! Haha

Seriously!!! the S10 is a great phone. I jus couldn't stay away. I use my s10 on wifi at home tho

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I have been jumping back and forth. I've had all the iphone's up to 7. I had a S9+ and then a Note 9 and then an iphone Max. I just bought a S10+ for the girlfriend. I think the max is still a better built phone with a feel of higher quality. I also think the max has the best screen out of all the phones i just mentioned (apart from the notch). Comparing side by side with the S10+ at full brightness the whites on the S10 are duller, screen on the max pops out more. Colours are more natural. I think the max's screen is amazing. The S10+ is an amazing phone though and i wouldn't be too upset if i got stuck with one.

However going by the iphone 11 rumours i think i will try the Note 10 for a while.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don’t think the iPhone is stale. It WORKS
I have issues with ios13 public beta but it’s temporary. Other than a couple of those glitches I haven’t had problems with Apple. I did have quite a few when the debacle happened on Samsung with the Note 7. That did it for me

I want less complications and better solutions
You get that with Apple on all levels. Love my Mac Pro and iPad as well. Apple in my opinion has the best smart watch on the market.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I went from the XS Max to the S10+, but then went back to the XS Max after about a month with the S10+. The ultrasonic fingerprint sensor was unsatisfactory and I just didn't like it. I hate Samsun's UI.

The only device I'll be purchasing this year will be the new iPhone and Apple Watch. That's all I want now.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
d7aab22942246fca0655e9643879e52c.jpg

I have the XS Max 512 Gb and S10 5G , have something for Large screen devices ,

5G is out in my city "Detroit"

For those looking for change will find it,

Apple = Structured

Android = Thinking Man/ Woman Device

I haven't had any problems with fingerprint reader, Facial Recognition,
What I like about the S10 5G , No notch,
Awesome Camera, Portrait mode Video,
Battery Life 16+ Hours , Live wallpaper,
Speakers are on par with Apple with movies , music and calls.

Rapid Wireless Charging, never really liked Samsung, but seeing and personally using, pretty emersive experience that you would really have to see and use to understand.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW