Anyone jumping to the s10 or s10+

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I like and appreciate the security on Apple. Up until 3.5 yrs ago I was diehard Samsung. I jumped over to Apple and am completely on the ecosystem and not switching. Very pleased

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have been using my S10+ since 3/6 and I love it. I still have my XS Max but haven't used it in a little over a month. I enjoy both phones and don't think one is better than the other.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I jumped from X to 6T McLaren, and don't see any possible way back - mostly because of iPhone's price, which I think it's not fair anymore. S10 and S10+ didn't tempt me, though.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Has anybody actually kept the s10 after jumping from iPhone XS or xr?

Seems like everyone is returning it and going back to apple.

I switched to the S10+ on launch day also got the Samsung active watch. I haven't looked back. Really enjoying Samsung and all the new stuff it does! Also got the buds for free and those are pretty nice as well.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I switched to the S10+ on launch day also got the Samsung active watch. I haven't looked back. Really enjoying Samsung and all the new stuff it does! Also got the buds for free and those are pretty nice as well.
Same.

Long gone. Hellooooo flamingo pink!

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I'm currently typing this on a White S10+ it's the Pearl looking white not ceramic. It is a gorgeous phone. I got it for free during the bogo, and I wanted to play with it for a week or so and time is almost up .... Do I keep it or switch back to the iPhone XS Max?

For me, I'm personally switching back to the iPhone. I like the S10+ but there are a few things that bother me too much.

1. When you are connected to a Bluetooth device, and want to listen to the media on your phone, there's not a really easy way to switch the audio output that I've found. I've been having to disconnect from that Bluetooth device to get it to play on my phone. If there is an option to change the audio it's definitely no where near as obvious as it is on the iPhone.

2. Travel time built in to the calendar. Why there is not an app for Android that does this I'll never know. Once again it may be there but I've yet to see it.

3. Face ID .... I don't even know what to say beyond it is light years ahead of the fps built into the screen. I would say the fingerprint scanner works 60% of the time I press the phone. It's probably just my fingerprint because it's been like this on every device I've owned so far.

4. Apple integration - FaceTime, iMessage, etc. It's so much better done on Apple devices imo.

5. Silent switch. Yeah I definitely cannot go much longer without this.

6. Camera - the camera on the Samsung is nice, but I find myself taking consistently blurrier pictures on this over the iPhone. Once again this could 100% be me.

Things I'll miss from S10+

1. The screen is amazing. If Apple doesn't put a much better screen in this year I'm definitely not upgrading this cycle.

2. Always on Display. I just like that feature. It's really convenient.

3. Edge apps - it's a really clever way to short cut apps it works very well.

4. Signal - I'm definitely consistently getting a better signal, however it's not "that" much better. Usually a bar higher than normal.

5. Google assistant. I wish we could replace Siri with Google assistant at this point, yes I know we can download the Google app on the iPhones, but I wish Siri worked as nicely.

6. I do enjoy the weather widget displaying the forecast.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What’s your view on battery life between the two?
For me, it's hard to say. I do know that when using GPS like Google maps, the S10+ definitely tears through battery much faster. I feel like the battery life might be pretty close, but I get more out of the XS Max but maybe only by an hour or two. Now could I lower the resolution on the S10+ and lower the processor settings? Absolutely but I'm using it at its peak, like I do the iPhone.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I agree with many of your takes. I would add that I much prefer the Iwatch 4. Widgets are a great convenience and something as simple as putting the temp at the top of the screen is something I wish my Max would do. I like Android but hate the battery life. I don’t ever charge the Max during the day but every Samsung flagship needs a wireless charger in my experience. Interested in the Note coming several months from now. But I’m pretty happy with the Max.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with many of your takes. I would add that I much prefer the Iwatch 4. Widgets are a great convenience and something as simple as putting the temp at the top of the screen is something I wish my Max would do. I like Android but hate the battery life. I don’t ever charge the Max during the day but every Samsung flagship needs a wireless charger in my experience. Interested in the Note coming several months from now. But I’m pretty happy with the Max.
Yeah, after my experience with the S10+ I think I'm good on wanting to try the note. It's going to be the same experience for the most part, depending on what features they add in this run.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
What’s your view on battery life between the two?

I've had the s10+ since launch and use the phone how it came out of the box with power settings and I'm getting 2 days worth of battery with 5 hours of screen on time. If I travel and just watch hulu or netflix I can push 8-9 hours of screen on time within a charge before it hits 20%. The Max could never do this for me.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

The S10 lineup has completely changed the battery life. The phone has a learning method to how you use the phone and will adjust power consumption that way. It's pretty amazing

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the s10+ since launch and use the phone how it came out of the box with power settings and I'm getting 2 days worth of battery with 5 hours of screen on time. If I travel and just watch hulu or netflix I can push 8-9 hours of screen on time within a charge before it hits 20%. The Max could never do this for me.
Are you using the GPS a lot? If I'm doing a lot of driving that day just four or five hours of Google maps tends to drain the battery big time for me. I do have to say the iPhone is much better at managing battery using GPS navigation. I think that is the big difference for me.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the GPS a lot? If I'm doing a lot of driving that day just four or five hours of Google maps tends to drain the battery big time for me. I do have to say the iPhone is much better at managing battery using GPS navigation. I think that is the big difference for me.
I never noticed. When I drive and use GPS my phone is always plugged in. Seems like a waste not to plug it in.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't see myself going back to Samsung.

I dabbled with android but could never get the feel of it. I think it came down to the fact that I didn’t care to have an open sourced phone. Now with the ecosystem and the fact that the  Watch is miles ahead of anything else I can’t leave. I just can’t.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR