Anyone jumping to the s10 or s10+

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how much of the watch you are using. I had the original Apple watch and liked it. When I jumped to the S9+ for a while, I got an S3 Frontier and loved it.

So much so, I'm sticking with it for now(even though I lose some functionality), now that I am back on iOS. The S3 frontier can use 3rd party watch faces, which blows the doors off the limited selection of choices on the Apple watch. Plus, I like that it's round and not a rectangle.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait to see if Apple will finally allow 3rd party watch faces come the next model and maybe even go round instead of rectangular.

I looked at quite a few watch faces on the Galaxy store before I returned the S10+ and in my opinion they were freaking atrocious. Out of 100 or so that I look through I only found about 3-4 that I actually like. But out of the 50+ watch faces on the  Watch I love pretty much every one of those.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
It depends on how much of the watch you are using. I had the original Apple watch and liked it. When I jumped to the S9+ for a while, I got an S3 Frontier and loved it.

So much so, I'm sticking with it for now(even though I lose some functionality), now that I am back on iOS. The S3 frontier can use 3rd party watch faces, which blows the doors off the limited selection of choices on the Apple watch. Plus, I like that it's round and not a rectangle.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait to see if Apple will finally allow 3rd party watch faces come the next model and maybe even go round instead of rectangular.

I agree 100%, I've had the apple watch 4 and now the new galaxy watch. I have more watch faces to choose from then apple lets you have and if I don't like any of those I can make my own. Also the galaxy watch comes with sleep monitoring while the apple watch doesn't you have to add a 3rd party setup

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I agree 100%, I've had the apple watch 4 and now the new galaxy watch. I have more watch faces to choose from then apple lets you have and if I don't like any of those I can make my own. Also the galaxy watch comes with sleep monitoring while the apple watch doesn't you have to add a 3rd party setup

I've been contemplating the plus or regular S10. I know you aren't personally using your gf's S10 but can you have her give you some feedback on the battery life compared to yours? I know the plus is a beast, better than the XS Max. Did your girlfriend have the regular XS? If so how does it compare to the S10 battery life?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Yeah but, the couple times I've tried the galaxy watch or the S3 it was the basic functionality (or lack thereof) that turned me off from it. Walk more than a couple rooms away from your phone and the watch would disconnect. Random notifications not coming through to the watch. Lack of app availability in the Galaxy Watch store. Samsungs stubbornness to stick with their own OS has hurt the watch considerably. I can walk anywhere in my house and my Apple Watch not only stays connected to the iPhone, but also continues to deliver notifications. While the Apple watch may not be "spectacular" in the customizations that it offers, what it does offer it does extremely well. Which is exactly Apple's M.O.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Think I overloaded your inbox! Just tried sending ya a msg.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I went to best buy yesterday and got myself a S10+ ceramic and the phone is beautiful reminds me of the jet black iPhone 7.

The fingerprint sensor is dope let's just get that out the way, I know there's a giant thread on AC right saying it sucks but I've been able to consistently get to unlock and I still haven't gotten that message to push harder. So don't know what gives.

Another thing is the overwhelming amount of settings on this phone like it's insane. The hardware is awesome and Samsung has come along way with their software that's for sure.

But there's already things that I'm just used and prefer on iOS. My goodness I'm already missing 3D touch (there's an option to slide your finger across the keyboard to move the cursor but its very clunky in execution), a really underrated thing in iOS is the tapping the status bar to scroll back to the top, the mute switch, my passes automatically available on the lockscreen when I pull up to my favorite Starbucks, my freaking bank card isn't available with SamsungPay still after all these years, I looked through the galaxy store for themes and man they are trash compared to the themes you can get from Cydia with a jailbroken iPhone.

Then there's my apple watch like Apple really hit it out of the park with that thing. I looked at bands I could.use with a galaxy watch and boy they don't even come close to the Apple Bands.

I could have seen myself switching back to Android if I had only been on iOS for about a year or less and this bad boy came out and I wasn't so invested but ultimately I still can't make the switch. Darn you Apple LOL.
The Apple watch is the only reason why I still carry an iPhone. When I say only, I do mean only.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Pluses and minuses for both. Like the Apple Watch much more than the Android bowling balls on the wrist. Battery life is always much better, love Face ID implementation, and the screen ergonomics are great. Minuses are the boring sea of icons uncustomizable look, the stupid backflips you have to endure to use the Kindle store and not being able to try before buying apps. Plus on Android side is widgets. I love screen widgets, temp is always on top of the screen, endless customization of screen and watch face. I’ll be looking at the Note this fall. If it can deliver full day battery life I might bolt. But they have never been able to do that and I hate charging in the afternoon or evening.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Pluses and minuses for both. Like the Apple Watch much more than the Android bowling balls on the wrist. Battery life is always much better, love Face ID implementation, and the screen ergonomics are great. Minuses are the boring sea of icons uncustomizable look, the stupid backflips you have to endure to use the Kindle store and not being able to try before buying apps. Plus on Android side is widgets. I love screen widgets, temp is always on top of the screen, endless customization of screen and watch face. I’ll be looking at the Note this fall. If it can deliver full day battery life I might bolt. But they have never been able to do that and I hate charging in the afternoon or evening.

I've been on my S10+ for almost 2 weeks now and I get better battery life with the S10+ than I did with my Max, doing the same things on both devices. Really enjoying the S10+ and galaxy active watch

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am fully vested into Apple. I was Samsung for many years. I am happy and won’t be reverting back. It runs smoothly and it’s my 3rd Apple Watch. Now have The series 4. Hands down better than Samsung and even better on a woman’s wrist. Those that have Samsung am glad you like. I do miss the spen but that’s the only thing I miss. Not enough reason to make me switch. I am a month in on my XS Max from the 8+ and I love it. Sometimes Siri messes up it’s ok.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Siri implementation is quite poor unfortunately. Which is puzzling given their vast resources and being one of the first on the block to develop voice activated searches. Now with the rise of Google Hub and Alexa they’ve fallen behind on an important technology. Just yesterday I needed the customer service phone number to a product I needed to return for warranty repair. Siri gave me a bunch of web links which I gave up on. Google Assistant gave me the number right away. Google and just about everyone else doing voice recognition is miles ahead. I have both Alexa and Hub in the house.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Getting back on topic/thread title. I've decided to pass yet again on the Samsung latest and greatest smartphone (s10/s10+). All platforms have pros and cons and are probably the closest in performance than ever before. I personally like the overall aspects I get from using Apple products and there isn't just one or two things it's the entire package that comes with using Apple products, especially Customer service and Apple stores. I just try and enjoy the device I currently use

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't be me if I didn't get at least one S10 variant alongside my XS Max and Xr. Once past the ultrasonic fps issues I had on one device (since replaced) I can say this S10+ is one heckuva phone and I'm glad I got them (ceramic black and ceramic white, both 512GB). What do I like best after months on my iPhones? The customization, performance, photo quality, screen quality, and battery life are stand-out great. It's good to see Samsung mature their lines to this point. ...and after a while I'll jump back into my iPhones for a spell. Having both platforms is an absolute must for me as I get bored if there's no change up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2