Anyone jumping to the s10 or s10+

Martholemew

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes very tempted but I will make myself wait until after it hits the market and they work out the teething problems. As a bending screen is so new, it is likely to have glitches with usage.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy yesterday and got myself a S10+ ceramic and the phone is beautiful reminds me of the jet black iPhone 7.

The fingerprint sensor is dope let's just get that out the way, I know there's a giant thread on AC right saying it sucks but I've been able to consistently get to unlock and I still haven't gotten that message to push harder. So don't know what gives.

Another thing is the overwhelming amount of settings on this phone like it's insane. The hardware is awesome and Samsung has come along way with their software that's for sure.

But there's already things that I'm just used and prefer on iOS. My goodness I'm already missing 3D touch (there's an option to slide your finger across the keyboard to move the cursor but its very clunky in execution), a really underrated thing in iOS is the tapping the status bar to scroll back to the top, the mute switch, my passes automatically available on the lockscreen when I pull up to my favorite Starbucks, my freaking bank card isn't available with SamsungPay still after all these years, I looked through the galaxy store for themes and man they are trash compared to the themes you can get from Cydia with a jailbroken iPhone.

Then there's my apple watch like Apple really hit it out of the park with that thing. I looked at bands I could.use with a galaxy watch and boy they don't even come close to the Apple Bands.

I could have seen myself switching back to Android if I had only been on iOS for about a year or less and this bad boy came out and I wasn't so invested but ultimately I still can't make the switch. Darn you Apple LOL.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Me! I'm waiting on a S10e to get here sometime this week. I'll be most likely giving the Xr I'm using to my son. I miss several Android things so I'm going back.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
My girlfriend and I made the switch on Friday. I got the 10+ and she got the regular 10. These phones are awesome!! Such a different experience. No complaints so far
20190308_233927.jpg

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I was actually in Best Buy yesterday playing with the S10+ and it is an amazing phone. Really fast really responsive and could've easily walked out of there with that in my pocket and left my XS Max behind but I just couldn't pull the trigger. There's just something about this phone. This month will be 6 months with this phone, that is the longest I have ever kept a phone and I don't see myself giving it up any time soon for anything currently released.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, If Apple had customization on their iPhones a lot of people would probably never look at an Android device...just sayin

This right here is one of the reasons I go back to Android. Let me put icons where I want them on the home screen! Also please give me an AOD. I hate having to pick my phone up to see the time or see if I have notifications.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I don’t have the S10 series but bought a Note9 last August and have been using together with my XS Max, the latter is my main phone.

Happy with both platforms but I’m still more Apple than Samsung.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
After reading reviews I thought about making the switch once the Note 10 arrives but I am so locked in to everything Apple it’s just not worth it. I don’t have a problem with my iPhone or anything to make me want to switch, I and just a tech nerd and like to try new things out from time to time. If I did switch, I’d feel like I had to sell my Apple Watch and get a Samsung watch too so as to get the most out of the watch experience so that’s another wrinkle to add to switching.
I realize that I CAN switch things over for the most part but it’s the headache of doing it that’s not worth it to me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After reading reviews I thought about making the switch once the Note 10 arrives but I am so locked in to everything Apple it’s just not worth it. I don’t have a problem with my iPhone or anything to make me want to switch, I and just a tech nerd and like to try new things out from time to time. If I did switch, I’d feel like I had to sell my Apple Watch and get a Samsung watch too so as to get the most out of the watch experience so that’s another wrinkle to add to switching.
I realize that I CAN switch things over for the most part but it’s the headache of doing it that’s not worth it to me.

Yeah if I do decide to purchase the Note 10 it would be my secondary device because I'm also vested in Apple products.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I took another trip to Android land with the S10+ by purchasing a black ceramic from Best Buy.

The hardware is amazing and I hope  steps up their hardware game cause in that area Samsung is a clear winner.

But for me personally it’s come down to the software experience and while I didn’t mind using Android for the last few days it’s just not for me. I contemplated getting a Galaxy Watch to get the full experience but I went to look at a Galaxy Watch again at Best Buy and I was instantly like nope! The watch face are horrendous and out of the 10 I believe that were preloaded on the watch only two were fully customizable with the ability to choose the complications you want displayed and the color of the watch face.

03de2666e6eeccb4904550c018879c23.jpg

d4c016fa950354f3ecd325c5edb381ba.jpg

Here’s a comparison between the messages app on the Galaxy Watch and the  Watch.

IMO the  Watch is far superior being able to show more info on screen at once, one message only at a time on the Galaxy Watch is just horrible design, but that’s the sacrifice for a round watch face.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I picked up a S10+ to go along with my XS Max. Nice phone. I dont have the fingerprint issues many others are complaining about. I like the form factor of this years s series phones. No bezel, feels good in the hand. Nothing beats the smoothness and simplicity of iOS, but Samsung new UI is much better than their old stuff. Pro tip - change the icon size right away. The stock settings are almost cartoonish the icons are so large. Making the grid a 5x5 makes it look a lot better, and you can actually fit some stuff on the screen.

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am. iPhone getting a bit stale imo. My S10 was supposed to ship tomorrow but some storm made a delay via a email from Samsung. I still plan to go back and for from iPhone to android tho. Ive gone back and forth for years

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I took another trip to Android land with the S10+ by purchasing a black ceramic from Best Buy.

The hardware is amazing and I hope  steps up their hardware game cause in that area Samsung is a clear winner.

But for me personally it’s come down to the software experience and while I didn’t mind using Android for the last few days it’s just not for me. I contemplated getting a Galaxy Watch to get the full experience but I went to look at a Galaxy Watch again at Best Buy and I was instantly like nope! The watch face are horrendous and out of the 10 I believe that were preloaded on the watch only two were fully customizable with the ability to choose the complications you want displayed and the color of the watch face.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190313/03de2666e6eeccb4904550c018879c23.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190313/d4c016fa950354f3ecd325c5edb381ba.jpg

Here’s a comparison between the messages app on the Galaxy Watch and the  Watch.

IMO the  Watch is far superior being able to show more info on screen at once, one message only at a time on the Galaxy Watch is just horrible design, but that’s the sacrifice for a round watch face.

It depends on how much of the watch you are using. I had the original Apple watch and liked it. When I jumped to the S9+ for a while, I got an S3 Frontier and loved it.

So much so, I'm sticking with it for now(even though I lose some functionality), now that I am back on iOS. The S3 frontier can use 3rd party watch faces, which blows the doors off the limited selection of choices on the Apple watch. Plus, I like that it's round and not a rectangle.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait to see if Apple will finally allow 3rd party watch faces come the next model and maybe even go round instead of rectangular.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro