Anyone jumping to the s10 or s10+

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Does the big S10 have much improved battery life? I never believe those bogus tests because I know from flipping back and forth that the big iPhones crush the Samsung phones in real life usage. I know that capacity has increased but that’s not always a good indicator.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Does the big S10 have much improved battery life? I never believe those bogus tests because I know from flipping back and forth that the big iPhones crush the Samsung phones in real life usage. I know that capacity has increased but that’s not always a good indicator.
In my experience yes. I feel like I'm getting as good or better battery life compared to the XS Max. I think the 7nm SnapDragon's energy efficiency along with the larger battery is finally providing the kind of longevity I'd expect in 2019.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I actually just switched from the S8 to the iPhone 7. Got a good deal on Boost Mobile. Might trade my S8 in for the 10e. Wanted the Xr but don't really care for the Face id. I greatly value the fingerprint sensor. Couldn't afford to iPhone 8.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I actually just switched from the S8 to the iPhone 7. Got a good deal on Boost Mobile. Might trade my S8 in for the 10e. Wanted the Xr but don't really care for the Face id. I greatly value the fingerprint sensor. Couldn't afford to iPhone 8.

I thought the same thing about FaceID until I tried it. I won’t ever go back to TouchID if I have a choice.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I really like the new Apple ads for the iPhone. The current one on security seems smart and is one of the things that bothered me with the Samsung phones -- since to get the most out of the phone, you not only have to give all your information to Apple but need to give it to Samsung, as well.

And that is before even considering how Android allows apps to collect much more information on users than iOS, particularly with the way some of Android's permissions appear to be bundled.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
The Samsungs are nice but after having only Android phones since day one I recently upgraded from my S7 Edge to the iPhone XS Max and I'm finding it to be a really nice device.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Decided to trade in the S9+ ($550 off option) for an S10+. The screen and cameras were the primary draw.

May continue to use my iPhone 8+ as the primary phone. but excited to have the various camera and video options.

Will see what the summer (Apple WWDC) brings along with new iPhones in early fall, and with that try to decide which ecosystem I want to commit to long term for mobile.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope , quite happy with the xs max.

I choose privacy and ecosystem over home screen customization. I spend most of my time in apps and not the home screen, so app polish on iOS goes a long way compared to android.

maj71303

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
tried it for 13 days. Nice phone but returned it and upgraded to XS Max

Same here as I got the S10e for cheap as my wife wanted my iPhone XS. 3 weeks later and I'm now the proud owner of the iPhone XS Max and sold my S10e on swappa. Even sold my Razer Phone 2 as well on Swappa. It was a good phone but the aggressive spell check on the keyboard and constant typing errors are what did it end and caused me to sell it. My big hands with fat fingers just couldn't get the keyboard to act right and even changing keyboards didn't work as well.

Wife started asking me why my messages started having words out of place and misspelled all the time. LOL

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody actually kept the s10 after jumping from iPhone XS or xr?

Seems like everyone is returning it and going back to apple.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I was just going to say the same thing! I tried it as well and just like every other Android flagship I've tried I run back to iOS, even though I'd like to quit Apple. It's very hard to leave iOS if you're invested into the ecosystem and people quickly miss the convenience of it once they realize the don't have it anymore.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Tempting ... Tempting indeed to switch, and I've had to downgrade to an SE unfortunately
Even though it isn't the flashiest iOS device it gets the job done.
Will hold out a bit more ... See if I can grab a deal in the marketplace for an X in the near future.

Samsung always capture the eye with specs, camera and design; to a fan of tech the pull will always be there

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the S10+ for a week and it was ok but not enough to leave my XS Max and AWS4. Now I am testing a P30 Pro and that is a nice phone. It have forced me to use two phones again after using my XS Max with two sims :)

The P30 Pro is so much fun and the low light capabilities of the camera is insane, even killing the Pixel 3 nightsight in many pictures I taken.

Hard to believe but the pictures are taken the same time. The dark one is my iPhone and the brighter is the P30 in auto mode so not even using the night mode

cb0e75947d1ffd247e3630d8aa1decaa.jpg
82551386f55f106da825b88e1c7caad0.jpg

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Well, that's probably because iMore is a forum based predominantly on Apple Products. If you were reading this thread on our sister forum, Android Central, my guess is that the results might be a bit different!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73