Pluses and minuses for both. Like the Apple Watch much more than the Android bowling balls on the wrist. Battery life is always much better, love Face ID implementation, and the screen ergonomics are great. Minuses are the boring sea of icons uncustomizable look, the stupid backflips you have to endure to use the Kindle store and not being able to try before buying apps. Plus on Android side is widgets. I love screen widgets, temp is always on top of the screen, endless customization of screen and watch face. I’ll be looking at the Note this fall. If it can deliver full day battery life I might bolt. But they have never been able to do that and I hate charging in the afternoon or evening.
    03-19-2019 11:03 PM
    Nope...just got rid of the last one a couple weeks ago. For me, privacy is more important than convenience.
    Not even YouTube? I’m flabbergasted!
    03-20-2019 02:10 AM
    Not even YouTube? I’m flabbergasted!
    Nope!!! I’ve never had the app & was never a huge watcher. I watch a few things, if someone sends me a link, but that’s it.
    Tartarus likes this.
    03-20-2019 07:10 AM
    Nope!!! I’ve never had the app & was never a huge watcher. I watch a few things, if someone sends me a link, but that’s it.
    Wow! I’m an avid YouTube watcher! I thought everyone was.
    03-20-2019 07:31 AM
    Wow! I’m an avid YouTube watcher! I thought everyone was.
    I believe most people are...I’m the minority* I enjoy being removed from all the digital noise we have access to. It’s extremely peaceful*
    mumfoau and wenrob like this.
    03-20-2019 07:40 AM
    I believe most people are...I’m the minority* I enjoy being removed from all the digital noise we have access to. It’s extremely peaceful*
    Things have been markedly improved since turning off all my social notifications for sure.
    03-20-2019 07:53 AM
    Things have been markedly improved since turning off all my social notifications for sure.
    Did you jump on the S10?
    03-20-2019 08:19 AM
    It’s so relaxing!!
    scruffypig likes this.
    03-20-2019 08:33 AM
    Pluses and minuses for both. Like the Apple Watch much more than the Android bowling balls on the wrist. Battery life is always much better, love Face ID implementation, and the screen ergonomics are great. Minuses are the boring sea of icons uncustomizable look, the stupid backflips you have to endure to use the Kindle store and not being able to try before buying apps. Plus on Android side is widgets. I love screen widgets, temp is always on top of the screen, endless customization of screen and watch face. I’ll be looking at the Note this fall. If it can deliver full day battery life I might bolt. But they have never been able to do that and I hate charging in the afternoon or evening.
    I've been on my S10+ for almost 2 weeks now and I get better battery life with the S10+ than I did with my Max, doing the same things on both devices. Really enjoying the S10+ and galaxy active watch
    03-20-2019 09:54 AM
    I am fully vested into Apple. I was Samsung for many years. I am happy and won’t be reverting back. It runs smoothly and it’s my 3rd Apple Watch. Now have The series 4. Hands down better than Samsung and even better on a woman’s wrist. Those that have Samsung am glad you like. I do miss the spen but that’s the only thing I miss. Not enough reason to make me switch. I am a month in on my XS Max from the 8+ and I love it. Sometimes Siri messes up it’s ok.
    03-22-2019 02:15 PM
    Siri implementation is quite poor unfortunately. Which is puzzling given their vast resources and being one of the first on the block to develop voice activated searches. Now with the rise of Google Hub and Alexa they’ve fallen behind on an important technology. Just yesterday I needed the customer service phone number to a product I needed to return for warranty repair. Siri gave me a bunch of web links which I gave up on. Google Assistant gave me the number right away. Google and just about everyone else doing voice recognition is miles ahead. I have both Alexa and Hub in the house.
    03-22-2019 02:52 PM
    Getting back on topic/thread title. I've decided to pass yet again on the Samsung latest and greatest smartphone (s10/s10+). All platforms have pros and cons and are probably the closest in performance than ever before. I personally like the overall aspects I get from using Apple products and there isn't just one or two things it's the entire package that comes with using Apple products, especially Customer service and Apple stores. I just try and enjoy the device I currently use
    03-22-2019 03:58 PM
    I wouldn't be me if I didn't get at least one S10 variant alongside my XS Max and Xr. Once past the ultrasonic fps issues I had on one device (since replaced) I can say this S10+ is one heckuva phone and I'm glad I got them (ceramic black and ceramic white, both 512GB). What do I like best after months on my iPhones? The customization, performance, photo quality, screen quality, and battery life are stand-out great. It's good to see Samsung mature their lines to this point. ...and after a while I'll jump back into my iPhones for a spell. Having both platforms is an absolute must for me as I get bored if there's no change up.
    Spencerdl and calebt like this.
    03-23-2019 03:10 PM
    Does the big S10 have much improved battery life? I never believe those bogus tests because I know from flipping back and forth that the big iPhones crush the Samsung phones in real life usage. I know that capacity has increased but that’s not always a good indicator.
    03-23-2019 03:31 PM
    Does the big S10 have much improved battery life? I never believe those bogus tests because I know from flipping back and forth that the big iPhones crush the Samsung phones in real life usage. I know that capacity has increased but that’s not always a good indicator.
    In my experience yes. I feel like I'm getting as good or better battery life compared to the XS Max. I think the 7nm SnapDragon's energy efficiency along with the larger battery is finally providing the kind of longevity I'd expect in 2019.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-23-2019 03:41 PM
    I actually just switched from the S8 to the iPhone 7. Got a good deal on Boost Mobile. Might trade my S8 in for the 10e. Wanted the Xr but don't really care for the Face id. I greatly value the fingerprint sensor. Couldn't afford to iPhone 8.
    03-24-2019 04:28 AM
    I actually just switched from the S8 to the iPhone 7. Got a good deal on Boost Mobile. Might trade my S8 in for the 10e. Wanted the Xr but don't really care for the Face id. I greatly value the fingerprint sensor. Couldn't afford to iPhone 8.
    I thought the same thing about FaceID until I tried it. I won’t ever go back to TouchID if I have a choice.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-24-2019 10:25 AM
    I thought the same thing about FaceID until I tried it. I won’t ever go back to TouchID if I have a choice.
    EXACTLY...Same here.
    03-24-2019 10:58 AM
    Wanted the Xr but don't really care for the Face id
    Have you ever tried FaceID on an Apple device?
    03-24-2019 10:59 AM
    Have you ever tried FaceID on an Apple device?
    The swipe gestures on the XR are also awesome! The XR is probably the best iPhone or at least my favorite phone yet!
    03-24-2019 01:09 PM
    The swipe gestures on the XR are also awesome! The XR is probably the best iPhone or at least my favorite phone yet!
    I also feel that way about my Xs Max, but make no mistake the Samsung s10/s10+ are formidable smartphones.
    03-24-2019 01:39 PM
    I really like the new Apple ads for the iPhone. The current one on security seems smart and is one of the things that bothered me with the Samsung phones -- since to get the most out of the phone, you not only have to give all your information to Apple but need to give it to Samsung, as well.

And that is before even considering how Android allows apps to collect much more information on users than iOS, particularly with the way some of Android's permissions appear to be bundled.
    03-24-2019 03:35 PM
    The Samsungs are nice but after having only Android phones since day one I recently upgraded from my S7 Edge to the iPhone XS Max and I'm finding it to be a really nice device.
    Jude526 likes this.
    03-25-2019 10:11 PM
    Decided to trade in the S9+ ($550 off option) for an S10+. The screen and cameras were the primary draw.

May continue to use my iPhone 8+ as the primary phone. but excited to have the various camera and video options.

Will see what the summer (Apple WWDC) brings along with new iPhones in early fall, and with that try to decide which ecosystem I want to commit to long term for mobile.
    03-31-2019 08:09 AM
    Nope , quite happy with the xs max.

I choose privacy and ecosystem over home screen customization. I spend most of my time in apps and not the home screen, so app polish on iOS goes a long way compared to android.
    swarlos and Jude526 like this.
    03-31-2019 08:41 AM
125 ... 2345