I jumped ship for the S9+(had an iPhone 7+ prior) in March of last year and ended up back with the iPhone(XS Max). I was on Android from the Note 2 to the Note 4, so this wasn't my first go around with Android.

While I liked the S9+ I grew to really dislike the curved screen and the distortion it caused to the edges of the screen. I didn't like their launcher, even their new one launcher(I mainly used Nova). Plus, with the rest of the family on iPhones, I missed some of the iOS ecosystem advantages. I also did't like the fact that some apps on Android just don't work as well as their iOS counterparts.

The one thing I do miss is being able to install previous versions of an app, when an app update sucks.

I am still using my Gear S3 Frontier with my XS Max though. It does enough for me to not want an Apple Watch 4 right now. I'll see what the 5 has to offer. Hopefully, user created watch faces finally come to Apply watches. I love some of the user created watch faces available for the Gear S3.
    Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-04-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-04-2019 08:50 AM
    A few days ago, I placed my S9+ in a drawer. Did you use the Edge (apps) and AOD, and if so, do you now miss those features on the XS Max?
    I did have a couple edge screen apps set up but never really used them. The only one I used occasionally was the volume app.

As for the AOD... meh, it never really excited me. I always wear a smartwatch so I had all my notifications and time there.

I was really excited to go back to Android at first but by the time I came back to an iPhone(10 months) I really had lost my taste for Android.
    03-04-2019 09:49 AM
    To be frank, I would never even look at Android, if Apple/iOS offered us, the owners of said devices, to place icons ANYWHERE on the screen.

Something so simple, yet, Apple refuse to allow it.
    Ugh, I digress...
    I'm on your side with your viewpoints. I've struggled with the wholr back and forth from iOS to Android and back to iOS. I ALWAYS come back to ios. I used to be an Android user after I tried out the iPhone 4. I came back to an iPhone 6s Plus and since then have gone back and forth. I've had the iPhone X since it came out but had a pixel 2XL, S9, S9+, pixel 2, note 9, and went back to my X in between all of them. I want to go back to my old ways and be the Android user I was, but at this point in my life with kids and family all on iOS it is just all so cohesive. Yes, Apple is always behind and I wish they did all the cool innovative things Android does but it does what I need it to and it does it well. Let's hope iOS 13 brings more than iOS 12 did!
    venkatg, aximtreo, swarlos and 3 others like this.
    03-04-2019 08:43 PM
    Love the way the S10 looks, but I don’t use Google services.
    03-04-2019 10:57 PM
    I love the Apple Eco-system with MacBook Air + iPhone XS Max + AWS4 + AirPods is just MAGIC. Have shuffled around many phones in 2018 and can't afford to do so hereafter neither nor financially nor mentally. On top of it I took 2 years in between to understand that, Apple Products are something which I love to the extreme.
    aximtreo, Annie_M, trw1602 and 1 others like this.
    03-05-2019 12:56 AM
    None at all?

I am not sure I could not do with Google Chrome's easy option to sync bookmarks to any device.
    After all, I have a lot of bookmarks, both personal and work...
    Nope...just got rid of the last one a couple weeks ago. For me, privacy is more important than convenience.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-05-2019 08:41 AM
    I only miss customization and the spen. They are not deal breakers for me. I am glad I made the switch 3 yrs ago. Not switching back to Android. I have a friend who made the complete jump a couple of months ago and I had been talking to him for over two yrs to stop COMPLAINING and just do it. He is now thanking me. LOL. I thought he would just get the phone, but he made the move completely to the Apple ecosystem
    03-05-2019 01:57 PM
    Been tempted every year to jump to Samsung, but I just can’t. I’ve been with the iPhone since it’s 3G inception. Currently have the XSMax. Too invested in the ecosystem with phone, iPads, 4KTV, Apple Watch 2 and 4. Did finally go check out the S10+ at Best Buy demo table and of course it’s really nice. Screen is crazy good, but again the iPhone max holds up really nice as well. Just not as bright. Never was a fan of all that bloatware apps that come with the Samsung either, maybe it’s changed now. I think I’m good for now with IOS.
    SultanJazz, Jude526 and iwoodland like this.
    03-05-2019 08:32 PM
    Never
    Ditto
    Jude526 likes this.
    03-06-2019 07:14 AM
    No change here. I have placed a lot value the sum-total of Apple Mobile combined with desktop. The Apple Watch line makes the iPhones even more valuable to me.
    Jude526 and iwoodland like this.
    03-06-2019 01:50 PM
    Not interested in Samsung and never have been so it's not even tempting to me at all. Plus I'm too heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem ($$$$) and with family being everything Apple too.
    Jude526 and iwoodland like this.
    03-07-2019 11:26 AM
    I will give it a try
    03-08-2019 10:11 AM
    Been tempted every year to jump to Samsung, but I just can’t. I’ve been with the iPhone since it’s 3G inception. Currently have the XSMax. Too invested in the ecosystem with phone, iPads, 4KTV, Apple Watch 2 and 4. Did finally go check out the S10+ at Best Buy demo table and of course it’s really nice. Screen is crazy good, but again the iPhone max holds up really nice as well. Just not as bright. Never was a fan of all that bloatware apps that come with the Samsung either, maybe it’s changed now. I think I’m good for now with IOS.
    Maybe you should try the latest phone and then make a conclusion.
    03-08-2019 10:14 AM
    IMHO, If Apple had customization on their iPhones a lot of people would probably never look at an Android device...just sayin
    03-08-2019 10:41 AM
    I just jumped from my Note 9 back to iPhone. I have to use my 6s plus until I get a newer phone but it’s fine. I’m enjoying my new MacBook even more.
    Spencerdl, Jude526 and dazzlingirl like this.
    03-08-2019 03:32 PM
    Was the jump to take advantage of iMessage on the iPhone and MacBook?
    I really missed being able to Group FaceTime with my family since they all use iOS and I feel I can do more on a MacBook than a chrome book that I was using as well.
    Spencerdl and Jude526 like this.
    03-08-2019 04:42 PM
    I really missed being able to Group FaceTime with my family since they all use iOS and I feel I can do more on a MacBook than a chrome book that I was using as well.
    I tried a chrome book. Hated it. My Mac Pro is better
    03-08-2019 10:23 PM
    Yes very tempted but I will make myself wait until after it hits the market and they work out the teething problems. As a bending screen is so new, it is likely to have glitches with usage.
    03-08-2019 11:57 PM
    I went to best buy yesterday and got myself a S10+ ceramic and the phone is beautiful reminds me of the jet black iPhone 7.

The fingerprint sensor is dope let's just get that out the way, I know there's a giant thread on AC right saying it sucks but I've been able to consistently get to unlock and I still haven't gotten that message to push harder. So don't know what gives.

Another thing is the overwhelming amount of settings on this phone like it's insane. The hardware is awesome and Samsung has come along way with their software that's for sure.

But there's already things that I'm just used and prefer on iOS. My goodness I'm already missing 3D touch (there's an option to slide your finger across the keyboard to move the cursor but its very clunky in execution), a really underrated thing in iOS is the tapping the status bar to scroll back to the top, the mute switch, my passes automatically available on the lockscreen when I pull up to my favorite Starbucks, my freaking bank card isn't available with SamsungPay still after all these years, I looked through the galaxy store for themes and man they are trash compared to the themes you can get from Cydia with a jailbroken iPhone.

Then there's my apple watch like Apple really hit it out of the park with that thing. I looked at bands I could.use with a galaxy watch and boy they don't even come close to the Apple Bands.

I could have seen myself switching back to Android if I had only been on iOS for about a year or less and this bad boy came out and I wasn't so invested but ultimately I still can't make the switch. Darn you Apple LOL.
    03-10-2019 02:02 PM
    Me! I'm waiting on a S10e to get here sometime this week. I'll be most likely giving the Xr I'm using to my son. I miss several Android things so I'm going back.
    03-10-2019 03:45 PM
    My girlfriend and I made the switch on Friday. I got the 10+ and she got the regular 10. These phones are awesome!! Such a different experience. No complaints so far
    Anyone jumping to the s10 or s10+-20190308_233927.jpg
    ladyc0524 and Auronda40 like this.
    03-11-2019 11:32 AM
    My girlfriend and I made the switch on Friday. I got the 10+ and she got the regular 10. These phones are awesome!! Such a different experience. No complaints so far
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190308_233927.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	125818
    ConGrats on your new s10/s10+. Good Luck and ENJOY
    03-11-2019 11:36 AM
    I was actually in Best Buy yesterday playing with the S10+ and it is an amazing phone. Really fast really responsive and could've easily walked out of there with that in my pocket and left my XS Max behind but I just couldn't pull the trigger. There's just something about this phone. This month will be 6 months with this phone, that is the longest I have ever kept a phone and I don't see myself giving it up any time soon for anything currently released.
    Spencerdl and Jude526 like this.
    03-11-2019 11:37 AM
    IMHO, If Apple had customization on their iPhones a lot of people would probably never look at an Android device...just sayin
    This right here is one of the reasons I go back to Android. Let me put icons where I want them on the home screen! Also please give me an AOD. I hate having to pick my phone up to see the time or see if I have notifications.
    Spencerdl and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-11-2019 08:06 PM
    Get both like I did.
    acroyle and dazzlingirl like this.
    03-11-2019 11:13 PM
158 1234 ...