Smart Battery Case

suken123

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Got one yesterday fully charged it and slid my iPhone which was fully charged. I noticed when I began to use the phone the battery from the smart case began to drain fast. Is this normal?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Got one yesterday fully charged it and slid my iPhone which was fully charged. I noticed when I began to use the phone the battery from the smart case began to drain fast. Is this normal?

It drains at a higher rate than the iphone battery but you do not tell us what "fast" is. I get a whole day out of it and never have been below 48% but it did take a couple times charging it for it to seem to be holding a charge well. I had to return the first one I bought because it was not holding a charge, it would drain 5% in a matter of 2 minutes yet when i put it on charge it was instantly 100%. Apple determined it was defective.

suken123

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
In twelve hours the smart case battery becomes zero while the iPhone is at 100% and then it beguns draining

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the smart battery case and returned it after a few days. I noticed that my XS Max in normal use has with and without the smart battery case, that with the case on it would drop 10-15% in the first few hours of the day. It continued to do that. With the battery case off my phones battery would drop 3% or so in the same time frame. To me the always on battery is not living up to the expectations. Plus the weight was a bit annoying at times and white or black as the only 2 color choices is frankly boring. I like my Vaja Leather case or other cases with some color. Plus you can't even see what color my XS Max is since the case completely covers it.

flica66

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
iPhone XS Max Battery Case is comfortable to hold and it feels more sturdy. its weight is expected and it's not a burden.

Once I went to Disneyland and I did not charge my phone, that's why my iPhone battery was discharged in 4hr. i want to take photos and videos, including maybe posting some of those memories to a social platform.

The additional fact that you can charge this case wirelessly is an added bonus!!
A well-deserved 5-Star!!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Humm, my Max has been off the charger since 9am with constant use from phone calls, to texting, to Tapatalk (4 different groups), ectra and my battery is at 92% two and half hours later. My Max gets a daily work out. I just don't see the need for an extended battery at the moment, especially adding size and weight to an already large and heavy iPhone.
2feb77230741cd422bc3051603a6f0dc.jpg

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had my Max a full month now and my battery lasts all day. I had contemplated this battery case but am still unemployed and need a job. I don’t think I will get it even when I get a job because my battery life is good. I am on it more not working and I do charge it at night.

toddshillington

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Love my smart battery case. Great for travel or long work days. Battery case normally makes it to the evening then iPhone battery takes over. Off the charger at 6am.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my case. I use it when I need it and especially if my day is going to go long or late in the night I can grab it and go...no worries.

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
iPhone XS Max Battery Case is comfortable to hold and it feels more sturdy. its weight is expected and it's not a burden.

Once I went to Disneyland and I did not charge my phone, that's why my iPhone battery was discharged in 4hr. i want to take photos and videos, including maybe posting some of those memories to a social platform.

The additional fact that you can charge this case wirelessly is an added bonus!!
A well-deserved 5-Star!!

Sigh, they even made a battery case for max!!! What is the battery capacity they bragger abbout?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
When I go into work all of my coworkers have their phones plugged in and I don't even take the charger in with me. Its great to not need to carry the extra cables and such.

Last year we went to Vegas and Disney world and had to carry charging packs to plug our phones into so they would last the full day since we used them as our main cameras. Last month I went to Vegas and never needed it, again it was great not needing to carry the extra stuff.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When I go into work all of my coworkers have their phones plugged in and I don't even take the charger in with me. Its great to not need to carry the extra cables and such.

Last year we went to Vegas and Disney world and had to carry charging packs to plug our phones into so they would last the full day since we used them as our main cameras. Last month I went to Vegas and never needed it, again it was great not needing to carry the extra stuff.
They all on their iPhones all day an not working?

mcislak17

May 14, 2018
Visit site
For those of you with the battery case. Is it always on charging your phone. I got one yesterday and my phone now always shows the charging indicator in the status bar and has not moved from 100%

dakid2k6

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
For those of you with the battery case. Is it always on charging your phone. I got one yesterday and my phone now always shows the charging indicator in the status bar and has not moved from 100%

Normal. It’s how it’s suppose to work. I use mine all the time at work in case I get stuck working a double shift and never have to worry about finding a charger.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I hope nobodies battery case takes a poo. Mine did recently and apple made me make a genius bar appointment for a case. Every apple store here, there are 4 of them, are out of stock. These cases are on a 4-6 week back order. So genius bar ordered me a new one but who knows when I'll get it. So better hope your case doesn't stop working or your have an expensive paper weight.

mcislak17

May 14, 2018
Visit site
Normal. It’s how it’s suppose to work. I use mine all the time at work in case I get stuck working a double shift and never have to worry about finding a charger.

Thank you for the quick reply. Glad to know mines not defective. It made it from like 7am to about 4:00 before it even started using the phones battery

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods