Apple Battery Case + Skin

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have any issues with a dbrand skin interfering with the battery case? I just got the battery case, charged it up then put my Xs Max in and it's not being recognized. I've restarted my iPhone but that did not help. I'm also running the latest 12.2 beta if that matters.

I don't want to rip off my skin to find I just have a bad case. TIA.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Great question. I too have a skin (Slickwraps iron man) on my XS Max and have been contemplating the battery case.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Great question. I too have a skin (Slickwraps iron man) on my XS Max and have been contemplating the battery case.

I just tested the battery case on my coworkers Xs Max and the case worked with no problems. I put my Xs Max in his battery case and it didn't work. So, I just figured it was my dbrand skin and took it off. Popped it back into my the battery case and it works fine now. So odd that a thin skin would cause an issue with the Apple battery case when I can wirelessly charge my Max with skin on all kinds of wireless chargers with no issues.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just tested the battery case on my coworkers Xs Max and the case worked with no problems. I put my Xs Max in his battery case and it didn't work. So, I just figured it was my dbrand skin and took it off. Popped it back into my the battery case and it works fine now. So odd that a thin skin would cause an issue with the Apple battery case when I can wirelessly charge my Max with skin on all kinds of wireless chargers with no issues.

Wow!! I would have never thought that would be an issue. Seems so weird!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
What is causing the issue, is it the skin interfering with wireless charging or is it just enough to cause an issue with the lightning connector?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711