I have a very unique issue, it’s not a black line or any other issue with these types of sunglasses. The screen gets an almost holographic effect when I look at it with my shades on. It goes away if I tilt the phone 45 degrees to the left.

I went to the Apple store and proceeded to look at the xs max with my shades on. Not one of them did it in store but the associates phone did have that same effect.

I do have a zagg screen protector on. The store employee also had a screen protector on. Has anyone ever had this issue or heard of it with or with out a screen protector. I have reached out to zagg for a replacement and will go to Apple store once it’s in to determine if it is or isn’t that.

I am also suspicious about the oled manufacture, was it Samsung or LG. LG hasn’t had to much success with quality control and it’s oled panels.
    02-02-2019 10:39 AM
    I have a very unique issue, it’s not a black line or any other issue with these types of sunglasses. The screen gets an almost holographic effect when I look at it with my shades on. It goes away if I tilt the phone 45 degrees to the left.

I went to the Apple store and proceeded to look at the xs max with my shades on. Not one of them did it in store but the associates phone did have that same effect.

I do have a zagg screen protector on. The store employee also had a screen protector on. Has anyone ever had this issue or heard of it with or with out a screen protector. I have reached out to zagg for a replacement and will go to Apple store once it’s in to determine if it is or isn’t that.

I am also suspicious about the oled manufacture, was it Samsung or LG. LG hasn’t had to much success with quality control and it’s oled panels.
    Is it a privacy screen protector? I’ve seen it with privacy screen protectors more, however, that is just an effect caused by the polarized lenses and not an issue with the screen or screen protector.
    02-02-2019 11:18 AM
    Is it a privacy screen protector? I’ve seen it with privacy screen protectors more, however, that is just an effect caused by the polarized lenses and not an issue with the screen or screen protector.
    I agree. Polarized lenses have this effect on screens. You shouldn’t really fret about it.
    02-02-2019 11:41 AM
    I've had this happen with all my phone's with or without screen protectors and my polorized lens. It all depends on the brand of sunglasses and the way they make their politics lenses. It's very normal. I wouldn't worry about it.
    02-02-2019 12:12 PM
    Yes! I definitely have noticed this, and wouldn’t worry about it!
    02-02-2019 12:28 PM
    That seems to vary with which polarized glasses I use and was there before I ever had an OLED display.
    02-02-2019 01:34 PM
    Sweet thanks for the info, it’s new brand of sunglasses I haven’t had before. First time I am noticing it!
    02-02-2019 01:41 PM
    I have tempered glass screen protector. Don’t have a problem
    02-02-2019 11:06 PM