XS Max Screen is a dust magnet!!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I’ve had the 6 Plus, 7 Plus & now the XS Max...and only the screen on the XS Max has proven to absolutely draw every particle of dust in the room or in my pants pocket to it like a freaking electromagnet!

I’m not one who likes to add a glass screen protector to my screen...both the 6 & 7 Plusses had one on them.

Is anyone else having the dusty-screen issue? Is there any thing to apply to the screen, perhaps polish in, to repel dust?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I’ll call that strange based on just doing phone swaps, hand me downs, erasing, and new screen protectors on 6, 6S Plus, 7 Plus, XS and XS Max. All in cold dry winter time.

We used my experience putting the protectors on with my kids sharp young eyes to spot the dust.

What’s the humidity level? I believe that makes a difference. I keep an eye on that for musical instrument care and see more dust when it’s really dry in winter time.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I’ve had the 6 Plus, 7 Plus & now the XS Max...and only the screen on the XS Max has proven to absolutely draw every particle of dust in the room or in my pants pocket to it like a freaking electromagnet!

I’m not one who likes to add a glass screen protector to my screen...both the 6 & 7 Plusses had one on them.

Is anyone else having the dusty-screen issue? Is there any thing to apply to the screen, perhaps polish in, to repel dust?

Been using XS Max since Day 1 (yes, got it the day it was launched) without a screen protector and never had any issues with the screen attracting dust. Like others have mentioned, may be you need to clean it thoroughly with a microfiber cloth once?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2