Apple Smart Battery Case for XS Max now live

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It is a paltry 1400 mAh battery in it, no way worth that much money

From a comment I saw someplace else:

Old cases were 3.7-3.8v. New case is 8.7v. That increase in voltage means that even a smaller mAh rating can be a higher total capacity.

In this case 1369mAh @ 8.7v is equivalent to 2657mAh @ 3.8v

Or put more simply: this case is a 10.1Wh battery, the older ones were 7.31 8.96Wh or less. That's a ~38 13% increase in total capacity.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If that is true it sounds much better. My first thought was that I am buying one at once but after seeing the mAh specifications it felt crap. But that was nice news, thank you
I remember back when Apple made the first one, which I believe was for the 6S, there were a lot of claims being made that $99 was too much considering other battery cases had bigger batteries. Then actual real world use proved that Apple’s worked much better because of its alliance with iOS. My point is when I first read that headline on these new cases, I automatically thought to myself that there’s a catch to having that lower capacity. This must be it.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Rene wrote this

bbbff23e178c8063bf9c9571befadd74.jpg

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been using it for two days. It’s bulky, but I don’t mind it.

Feels great in the hand and it works really well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yep!!

I prefer it over Mophie’s Juice Pack. I’ve dropped mine today though, and it chipped the silicone part by a tiny bit.
Mophie’s battery cases are nice but once you turn on charging the phone thinks it’s plugged in to a wall and starts a bunch of battery-intensive processes that I don’t want it to while I’m mobile. That alone makes the Smart Battery case that much better.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am considering the apple battery case, Mophie is nice and I like how they finally ditched the microUSB and went with USBC for charging, but still the Apples case just keeps your phone at 100% which without having to do anything.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
For those who have the Apple battery case, how has the daily use of keeping the phones battery at 100% until the smart case is drained impacted the iPhones actual battery health? Have you seen a drop in battery health at all?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those who have the Apple battery case, how has the daily use of keeping the phones battery at 100% until the smart case is drained impacted the iPhones actual battery health? Have you seen a drop in battery health at all?

No. At 100% battery capacity and I've been using the case everyday since January 17th

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I think that’s the beauty of apples case. It acts like an extension of the battery so it doesn’t push the phones battery the way another external battery would. My battery hasn’t moved since using it and I’ve had it since day 1. And I use it in an X.

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
I think that’s the beauty of apples case. It acts like an extension of the battery so it doesn’t push the phones battery the way another external battery would. My battery hasn’t moved since using it and I’ve had it since day 1. And I use it in an X.

That’s good to know I just picked up one of these myself... I had one with the 7... but never thought about battery health until recently... but I like it so far so good

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I’m using it 24/7, and it’s still at 100% battery health.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711