Camera Lens protection

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought an iPhone XS Max. Yes I always take extra care of my gadgets, so i do have a case and tempered glass protection. But the lens is expose, therefore vulnerable.

My old iPhone 6S Plus which I am still using, also has a case and tempered glass protection, with lens unprotected. But in case of Max because of extra weight, and bigger size of lens, the chances of vulnerability will increase, So I feel that the lens also needs a protection (I might be wrong).

Can someone recommend me a good lens protection, which shouldn't affect the photography performance? The ones available in Amazon have 1 star rating, so I am not sure of these.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Your best protection is going to be a good case. I use the UAG Monarch. The camera lens sets pretty far down into the case so outside of something directly having an impact with the lens, I feel protected.

Anything you put over that lens is going to degrade your picture quality. Hence the one star ratings.

It sounds like you use a case so I think you are making the best choice already.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would try a liquid glass screen protector. Basically a screen protector in liquid form that you wipe on and it dries

Do you have any actual experience using a liquid screen protector on a camera lens? It dries clear but it still leaves a film behind. I can see it messing with photo performance.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
The camera lens doesn't need protection, if you're talking about scratch protection. It's made of Sapphire Glass. I've never had a camera lens on an iPhone X or later scratch.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I agree with cwbcpa, a case is the best way to protect the camera. As an example, I have an Apple Leather case on my phone, which is a relatively thin case, and it still sits high enough so the camera is recessed and doesn't touch surfaces when the phone is laying on its back.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine anything but a basic decent case.

With the experience of IT admin where we have dozens of Apple mobile I'm also not a fan of the super cases. They're mostly fat dirt catching plastic and we still get occasional broken screens. The ugly, feel and dirt factors are hard on me. If someone insists on protection and name brand the too thick and very grippy Speck Presidio or Incipio Octane have been good.

:)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps another option would be a wallet style case... that would offer a bit more protection for your lens.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I use a dbrand skin on the back of my iPhone and got a matching camera skin. It pretty much protects the outer surface around the lens so when you lay it down it doesn't rest on the glass. It's not true saffire glass and will still scratch at the same level of the screen and back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2