Phone Opening / unlocking in Pocket

mattkerwin24

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,

Several times over the last few days, my phone has unlocked and opened in my pocket, with apps opening several times, and a phone call on another...

I’m at a loss for why this keeps happening, my face is definitely out of sight lol

Anyone experiencing/ experienced something similar?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Turning off raise to wake might help with this issue. That way the screen doesnt come on when you move your phone, or go to put it in your pocket. I turned it off on mine in favor of tap-to-wake.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had this issue. I always lock the phone and put it in my pocket. I don't see how it could open and start doing apps since it would need to see my face.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this issue. I always lock the phone and put it in my pocket. I don't see how it could open and start doing apps since it would need to see my face.

I’m with you. I cannot see how that is happening unless Siri is detecting commands from you. If so, disable “Allow Siri when locked”.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Turning off raise to wake might help with this issue. That way the screen doesnt come on when you move your phone, or go to put it in your pocket. I turned it off on mine in favor of tap-to-wake.

Raise To Wake may be the most annoying “feature” Apple has ever developed. I can’t turn it off fast enough!!

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
? I have had phones turn on and make calls in my pocket many times ! my iP4 was the worst culprit, mostly ( I think) from being pressed on a handkerchief.

I am w/ Mumfoau -- never had it happen... but I don't put anything with my phone. Maybe that is why?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I am w/ Mumfoau -- never had it happen... but I don't put anything with my phone. Maybe that is why?

I should think so ! this used to happen a lot with pushbutton phones, I was absolutely gobsmacked when it happened on a touchscreen phone(3gs& 4) not happened for a while ...

Anouarbarack

Sep 3, 2022
Visit site
I hear ya, that’s a real bummer. I’ve had the same prob before and it’s a real pain. But I got it figured out — turns out my pocket wasn’t as secure as I thought it was! The good news is that you can easily fix this. I’d suggest checking out bestphoneunlock.com if you’re looking for some help. They offer great advice and tips for avoiding the same problem I had. Plus, they provide a wide range of options for unlocking your device. In the meantime, you might try keeping your phone in a secure pocket or purse. That way, it won’t be so easy to unlock and you can avoid any potential mishaps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2