I came across this and updated my GA app... works well :P. You can even setup what to say within shortcuts like you can others (it does't force "OK Google"). Definitely a work-around but probably the best you will get when it comes to that lol.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/20/...ure-iphone-ios
    11-21-2018 04:31 PM
    11-21-2018 06:35 PM
    I came across this and updated my GA app... works well :P. You can even setup what to say within shortcuts like you can others (it does't force "OK Google"). Definitely a work-around but probably the best you will get when it comes to that lol.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/20/...ure-iphone-ios
    So you use Google interface on the iPhone? Hmm might take some of the stress off learning ios. I'm afraid you will get sick of my questions! I've been Android since Moto OG Droid.

Oops. Had the deal wrong at vzw. Only 400 off the X not XS. I walked.
    Last edited by recDNA; 11-23-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    11-23-2018 11:47 AM
    I think this is broken now. I hadn’t tried it in a little while, but looks to be dead. Unless someone can point me in the right direction.
    12-05-2018 08:47 PM
    I think this is broken now. I hadn’t tried it in a little while, but looks to be dead. Unless someone can point me in the right direction.
    It's working for me. I hold the Siri button and say "OK Google" and it launches Google Assistant and you can start talking to it. It's your Google Assistant app still installed and setup? You need that installed in order for it to work from the Siri Shortcuts.
    Yesterday 05:01 PM
    It's working for me. I hold the Siri button and say "OK Google" and it launches Google Assistant and you can start talking to it. It's your Google Assistant app still installed and setup? You need that installed in order for it to work from the Siri Shortcuts.
    Weird. I’ve tried it over and over and Siri just makes some snide remark about it. I’ve kept Assistant installed as I use it pretty regularly. I’m still entrenched in the Google ecosystem.
    Yesterday 05:05 PM
    Weird. I’ve tried it over and over and Siri just makes some snide remark about it. I’ve kept Assistant installed as I use it pretty regularly. I’m still entrenched in the Google ecosystem.
    Yeah that is weird. When I went to Siri Shortcuts "OK Google" was even a suggested shortcut. Not sure why yours wouldn't be working.
    Yesterday 05:16 PM