Hi everyone!

So I have been a plus user for years with the 6s plus being my last. I decided to upgrade to the XS because I have super small hands and figured it's the "same size" as the plus. After using it for a few days I absolutely loved the feel of the phone in my hands but the screen is not as wide and I was missing the display zoom from the plus as I have poor vision. I played with the fonts and the bigger the font the more cramped my XS looked.

So I went and exchanged it for the XS Max which not even a full 24 hours later I'm regretting as the phone is SO heavy to me and my wrists hurt from holding it watching movies, etc. like I normally did on my plus on top of my thumbs hurting from stretching.

I'm in a total dilemma because I absolutely love the screen size of the Max for my eyes and because it's more familiar with what I'm used to from the plus but my wrists and hands hurt today. Then I love the feel of the xs in my hand. It just feels so much better.

I'm wondering if the weight and size of the xs vs. the max is really that different? Also wondering if the view of pictures, social media, etc. is really all that different?

Should I not use a case on the XS Max? I'm trying that now but not really making a difference.

Are any of you noticing that the Max is much heavier than the plus? If so, did you go to the smaller phone? Or what do you use/do to deal with it?

I have to decide today whether I exchange one last time and hoping that I make the right decision.

Feeling so stuck in the middle. I really wish that Apple made a bigger phone that didn't weigh so darn much! Grrrr!

I look forward to your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

Signed,

Sore wrist and thumbs
    11-15-2018 11:50 AM
    How about the XR? I also was in your shoes. I had the 8 plus and upgraded to the XS because of the reasons you mentioned. And three days later I returned it for the max. I was used to the size and it was hard adapting to the “perfect” size of the XS. So glad I switched. I will say the weight is different, not sure about the exact specs though. So now u have to weigh the odds...do u sacrifice bigger screen and weight or live with lighter device but with a more cramped screen? Good luck
    11-15-2018 11:57 AM
    I went 8 plus to x to xs max. Zero regrets. Phone is perfect in every way possible.
    nr2d and isen like this.
    11-15-2018 12:09 PM
    I definitely have decided I want the XS or XS Max but I think that I have no choice but to go to XS because my hands are just too small. It was easier for me with the Plus phone because of touch ID but the swipe isn't working. Blah!
    11-15-2018 01:12 PM
    I definitely have decided I want the XS or XS Max but I think that I have no choice but to go to XS because my hands are just too small. It was easier for me with the Plus phone because of touch ID but the swipe isn't working. Blah!
    That sucks! Well look at it on the bright side...unlike previous years where u got more in software and hardware, the XS and XS Max are identical minus the screen size*
    jessica_lynn9474 likes this.
    11-15-2018 01:14 PM
    Stay with the max
    11-16-2018 04:03 PM
    If the phone hurts your wrists I suggest paying attention to the Apple Watch concept of "close the rings". Work those wrists, hands and arms! The Max is probably within a few grams of the 8 Plus models my late octogenarian mother and her boyfriend have. They manage them fine.

For me the Max offers so much function and good battery life that it's a keeper. It's been a superb tool for the work I do. I can't imagine anything else.
    11-17-2018 09:21 AM
    I went from a 6s Plus to a Xs Max. I do notice that the Max is slightly heavier, but other than that, I can not tell a difference in size. I skipped the X last year because it was too small. My advice is to choose what will work best for you.
    11-17-2018 10:06 PM
    Try using the iPhone Xs Max without a case. I feel like it is similar in my hands to the X with a case.
    11-18-2018 09:50 AM
    I love the size of the XS Max but I’ve always loved the bigger screens. It is definitely a 2-handed phone and I can imagine why it’s size would not work for everyone. Earlier in the year I had the X and it just seemed smaller than I would prefer. The Max is the perfect size with a delicious screen.
    cwbcpa and ReVu30 like this.
    11-18-2018 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I appreciate the input. So I went and exchanged it back to the XS and I'm wishing I didn't. I guess the weight isn't something that I can't get used to and I didn't realize that I don't have to use face ID if I don't want to? Or am I wrong?

Also, the phone felt less heavy without the clear case I had with it but I was afraid to use it without a case. Do any of you know of any cases that are clear or colored that are thinner and lighter?

Do many of you go case'less?

I can still exchange back to the MAX so I'm still thinking about it...lol! Crazy I know!

I'm sure there are other people who have exchanged their phone three times in the last two weeks, right? haha

Look forward to some more of your input!

Thanks in advance.

Signed,

Crazy Indecisive Girl
    11-21-2018 12:12 PM