Apple downgraded

rrigters93

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apple downgraded, more iPhone estimates cut as Street starts to turn on the stock.
Do we really think there is a market for new phones starting at $749.00, $999.00 and $1199.00 at full price?
Tim Cook and his clowns did not see this coming and now investors are running away from the stock. What ever happened to a lower end phone starting at $549.00 then to $649.00 and finally to $749.00??? Apple deserves what they are experiencing right now!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple downgraded, more iPhone estimates cut as Street starts to turn on the stock.
Do we really think there is a market for new phones starting at $749.00, $999.00 and $1199.00 at full price?
Tim Cook and his clowns did not see this coming and now investors are running away from the stock. What ever happened to a lower end phone starting at $549.00 then to $649.00 and finally to $749.00??? Apple deserves what they are experiencing right now!!!

1. I’m going to assume you are quoting a financial publication of some sort. If so, post the link so we can actually read it for ourselves and not just the alleged headline.

2. If there weren’t a market for the new phones, Apple wouldn’t have sold so many.

3. In regard to the new pricing structure, I don’t like it, but as a consumer, I can choose to show my dislike by not purchasing the newer models.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/14/apple-gets-downgraded-more-iphone-estimates-cut.html

Guggenheim downgraded Apple to neutral from buy and removed its prior $245 price target. The firm also said rising prices would not be enough to offset that decline in sales.

On Tuesday, Goldman Sachs cut its iPhone estimates and lowered its price target on the stock to $209 from $222.

At that downgrade level, other companies would kill to do even 1/4 of that sometimes.

iPhone sales have most likely peaked and consumers are paying more and more attention to Apple's pricing.

What ever happened to a lower end phone starting at $549.00 then to $649.00 and finally to $749.00???

Those come from other companies and manufacturers. That's not the business Apple is in nor do I think they're experiencing what they're experiencing because of that.

I wish people would just admit that Apple doesn't care for anyone who comes from lower means and can't afford their products. If the iPhone XR started at $649 poor people still would complain.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The economically poor is not its target market. Period.

The more and more people realize this, the less and less they'll feel a need to complain.

There are very valid points when it comes to Apple's high pricing nowadays like in this thread. But there are just those who are going to complain no matter what. I saw complaints that the SE was priced too high because it lacked features.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So what are they experiencing right now? Making a ton of money as usual?

atlas9171

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This isn't really just an Apple thing. Samsung is falling short of sales estimates as well. Buyers aren't rushing out to get the latest and greatest as much. High end phones will probably continue to fall short of sales until there is either lower prices or some new features that gets buyers attention. The days of yearly upgrades are probably gone for many buyers, phones just don't improve enough from one year to the next like they used to.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I doubt stalled demand for thousand dollar smartphones was a surprise for Tim Cook and his “clowns”. There’s a reason they’ve raised prices. They know who their target customer is and what they’re willing to pay and increased their margins accordingly.
Apple is the largest, most profitable company in the world. They aren’t going anywhere. This is, quite honestly, a great buying opportunity for Apple stock.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
...Buy low, sell high...
Oh, and since when has Wall Street been a bastion of rational thought and sober judgement?? I think that emotions, and agendas have a part in driving the markets on occasion, including right now...

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I don't mean to be negative but I don't see the reason for your post. It seems some people, maybe you, hate Apple (and other successful companies) so much you spend hours scanning the internet for anti-Apple news to post.
They have been in business for many years and seen many things change. They became the first trillion dollar company. People love their products. The entire industry is changing. Sorry to rain on your parade but they're not going anywhere soon.

If you don't like their products, don't buy them.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to be negative but I don't see the reason for your post. It seems some people, maybe you, hate Apple (and other successful companies) so much you spend hours scanning the internet for anti-Apple news to post.
They have been in business for many years and seen many things change. They became the first trillion dollar company. People love their products. The entire industry is changing. Sorry to rain on your parade but they're not going anywhere soon.

If you don't like their products, don't buy them.

Writes one post in 2012 then disappears until today. Just saying.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Prices are just too expensive for the masses.
I don't even like to tell people what I spend on phones.
I cheaped out once with a 16GB iPad and got jammed when I couldn't upgrade because there wasn't enough space.
But now, 64GB is entry level and should be enough, right?
Says the guy who buys everything in maxed out configuration.
What's next a $2k phone (after case, Apple Care and sales tax) in 2019 when they offer 1TB?
I don't know, but my regret here is I should have gotten the 256GB version instead of 512.

To everyone else, it's the same. If you keep buying them they will keep making them and raising prices. But now they may have gone too far. Usually with tech you get better and prices go down. It's a bubble and you know what happens when those get too big.

No tech company is "too big to fail". Apple is right on the edge of adjustment territory.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
1. I’m going to assume you are quoting a financial publication of some sort. If so, post the link so we can actually read it for ourselves and not just the alleged headline.

2. If there weren’t a market for the new phones, Apple wouldn’t have sold so many.

3. In regard to the new pricing structure, I don’t like it, but as a consumer, I can choose to show my dislike by not purchasing the newer models.

1. The news is everywhere. You can pick and choose which to read.

2. iPhone sales appear to be hitting the plateau for various reasons. In fact, the smartphone market as a whole is being saturated

3. Exactly, People are disgruntled and not buying new iPhones, or not updating as frequently as they used to.

A wave of "movement" to dislike the certain attitude of Apple is happening on a street level (people who actually open their wallet to buy Apple products, not those analysts type) which Apple is also keenly aware. Current overpricing, sealed garden approach (non user accessible simple repair updates etc), battery gate, all these are being noticed by real people. Will see how Apple might change, but then again, they might not. These have been predicted and finally reached a boiling point. But I am hoping that Apple will do what they think should do to remedy the situation.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Apple will never make a phone that the masses can afford. That would be like Bently making a car for the common joe. It just isnt going to happen. Apple, just like any other company, will see periods of slow growth, and even stagnation, as time goes on. It shouldnt be a surprise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234