Side Button Question

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the side Button from hanging up phone calls? Super annoying accidentally hitting it and hanging up calls. Also when I'm on long conference calls on speaker I want to shut off the screen to save battery but I can't because it hangs up the call instead of just turning off the screen. Any suggestions?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There is no setting. The button should not hang up while using speakerphone. I’ve been in conference calls all day & am currently on one, & was able to shut the screen off. I’ve never had an issue with it hanging up, unless I actually have the phone to my ear.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. Maybe it has something to do with using the WebEx app since that's what I always use for conference calls and presentations. I'm going to test it out. Thanks.
There is no setting. The button should not hang up while using speakerphone. I’ve been in conference calls all day & am currently on one, & was able to shut the screen off. I’ve never had an issue with it hanging up, unless I actually have the phone to my ear.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Maybe it has something to do with using the WebEx app since that's what I always use for conference calls and presentations. I'm going to test it out. Thanks.

I use webex as well, but when I’m using my cell I usually call in with the PIN number instead of having it call me. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I tested this last night. It's only if you use the app to have it call you when you join a meeting that's when it'll hang up using the side button. That's a bummer because it's so convenient to just hit join meeting in the app and just have it call you vs. dialing it in manually. Oh well, it's most likely an iOS limitation and I'll just let our Cisco rep know and just join WebEx meetings on my Android device instead.
I use webex as well, but when I’m using my cell I usually call in with the PIN number instead of having it call me. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tested this last night. It's only if you use the app to have it call you when you join a meeting that's when it'll hang up using the side button. That's a bummer because it's so convenient to just hit join meeting in the app and just have it call you vs. dialing it in manually. Oh well, it's most likely an iOS limitation and I'll just let our Cisco rep know and just join WebEx meetings on my Android device instead.

I don’t think it’s an iOS limitation. It’s because the call is made with the app & not the phone app. I’m on a webex now & had the computer call me & I can turn off my screen just fine. It’s definitely the app!

Gotta do a webex this morning. Definitely good to know!

As long as you don’t call through the app, you should be fine.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

So if I call in using the number on the app but not through the app, it's OK? Don't have the webex app on my phone have to use a work tablet then call in with the number provided is how I've done it in the past.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So if I call in using the number on the app but not through the app, it's OK? Don't have the webex app on my phone have to use a work tablet then call in with the number provided is how I've done it in the past.

Yes, that’s correct. It works perfectly every time.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
It is the app, but it's because of iOSs limitations on apps running in the background when the device is off. iOS of course does not put these restrictions of their apps.
I don’t think it’s an iOS limitation. It’s because the call is made with the app & not the phone app. I’m on a webex now & had the computer call me & I can turn off my screen just fine. It’s definitely the app!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711