Switching cases!!

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have 6 cases, so far... I mostly just swap them out to have different looks. I do have an otterbox defender for when I'm going out and doing rugged stuff or if the potential damage is high. Other than that I have an apple leather, apple silicon, UA clear back case, SUP-CASE, and a leather card holder wallet. Recently Ive moved to using apple pay and trying to ditch my wallet, so now I'm looking into adding a pop wallet to the collection as well lol

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have my standards - black Apple Leather, black Presidio Grip - and an inexpensive slim clear TPU type.

The switch to protective Presidio grip is driven by my activities. A day as IT director at desks and tables does not require the protective case. If I’m troubleshooting something in facilities, trial building or doing some sports activities I use the protective case.

With no other XS Max in the family there’s no swapping cases like we’ve done in the past or with watch bands. With 3 teenagers life seems very expensive so I’ll try not reporting back with 6 cases!

:)

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Having 4  leather cases, one Pitaka and 2 UAG cases (Pathfinder SE and Plyo). Mostly using the black, red and taupe  leather case.

As an attorney there is no need for high protection cases.

Switching periodically all 3-4 days between the cases.

Only noticed thing by my paralegals is the fact when I have put on the black  leather case that I am on the warpath legally seen

So this seems to be a kind of mood indicator

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Right now I only have the UAG Monarch, but I just have not had time to add any others. I usually end up with about 5-6 cases over time. I try to have one nice one for work and one rugged one for outdoors activity. After that it’s all over the place. I just like to change things up every once in a while.

gadget22

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Right now I have a Caudabe Sheath and a Spigen Ultra Hybrid, but I really want a Apple leather case I think I'll solely use when I'm off work. I get paranoid about damage to the open bottom. I think the apple leather case is the best followed closely by the caudabe sheath. If they ever release the Synthesis that will probably be my main case.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Today I checked apple leather case & find it slippery in my hand, so purchased Otter clear case.
Another is cheaper clear case.

Interesting because the leather cases have always been my solution for a best combo of grip and not too big a case. They are not slippery as you use them. They clean up well.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have about 7 cases. I change whenever. No real rhyme or reason. Right now I’m just using a tempered glass screen protector on the front and back with a sleeve.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I currently have four cases. One gray silicone and one clear & apple silicone cases in orange and red. I switch cases according to my mood or color of my clothes! I am really trying not to buy a whole lot of cases like I did with my iPhone X

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have three cases right now for my XS. I have Speck Presidio Sport in black, a Griffin Survivor Extreme 5.11 Edition (black as well), and a Anker Karapax Shield+ (also in black, notice a theme? lol). I didnt care for the Speck as I couldnt get used to the way it felt in my hand, and the buttons were hard as hell to press. The Griffin was much the same. The Karapax is wonderful though. Slim, fits very tightly, and buttons feel like there is nothing on them. I stay with the Karapax as I find it fits all my needs very well, though I may go back to the Survivor if I am going to be doing something that I feel could end up putting the phone in danger beyond what the Karapax could defend against, though I really dont see that happening. I tend to be the type of person that finds one case that works well and sticks with it until I upgrade.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have three cases right now for my XS. I have Speck Presidio Sport in black, a Griffin Survivor Extreme 5.11 Edition (black as well), and a Anker Karapax Shield+ (also in black, notice a theme? lol). I didnt care for the Speck as I couldnt get used to the way it felt in my hand, and the buttons were hard as hell to press. The Griffin was much the same. The Karapax is wonderful though. Slim, fits very tightly, and buttons feel like there is nothing on them. I stay with the Karapax as I find it fits all my needs very well, though I may go back to the Survivor if I am going to be doing something that I feel could end up putting the phone in danger beyond what the Karapax could defend against, though I really dont see that happening. I tend to be the type of person that finds one case that works well and sticks with it until I upgrade.

I'm hoping the survivor is going to come out for the Xr soon! I think it would be a nice alternative especially since I've always used defenders, maybe the Griffin won't stretch over time.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping the survivor is going to come out for the Xr soon! I think it would be a nice alternative especially since I've always used defenders, maybe the Griffin won't stretch over time.

The Griffin has its TPU on the inside so stretching isn't an issue for it. Just be aware that the buttons tend to be hard to press.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use one case all of the time: iPhone 8 Plus Case Liquid Crystal Aquarelle - Rose. I love love LOVE it! I paid $19.99 + tax for it. One day last summer, I was shopping a Meijer, and they had them on sale. I got two more for under $20.00!!! So I guess, technically, that I have three cases.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 cases at the moment and said I was only going to get 2 this time, so so much for that statement.... Lol!
I have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid in Rose Crystal, the Apple leather in Peony, an Incipio Designer Series Cranberry Sparkler I plan to use for Christmas, a Caseology Coastline (I LOVE this one) and a Silk Nudist, which is a clear TPU style with a slightly frosted back that looks and feels really great! The Silk is on my phone right now.
The Caseology Coastline is a pleasure to use and it looks awesome - way more so than I expected it to and it’s inexpensive. I had to force myself to take it off to try the Silk Nudist, but I really like the Silk too. I would say these two are my favorites.
I had a Bodyguardz Harmony I sent back because the speaker grill on the bottom really cut into my little finger when I was holding the phone. It looked great though.......

2015Girl

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
My case. I have 2. iPhone 8 Plus

Attachments

• 060BBDCF-552F-4127-A428-DFD28154D9EA.jpeg
    060BBDCF-552F-4127-A428-DFD28154D9EA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 95729434-243E-4CCF-BCD9-DD6E6A4DA8EC.jpeg
    95729434-243E-4CCF-BCD9-DD6E6A4DA8EC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have 5 cases at the moment and said I was only going to get 2 this time, so so much for that statement.... Lol!
I have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid in Rose Crystal, the Apple leather in Peony, an Incipio Designer Series Cranberry Sparkler I plan to use for Christmas, a Caseology Coastline (I LOVE this one) and a Silk Nudist, which is a clear TPU style with a slightly frosted back that looks and feels really great! The Silk is on my phone right now.
The Caseology Coastline is a pleasure to use and it looks awesome - way more so than I expected it to and it’s inexpensive. I had to force myself to take it off to try the Silk Nudist, but I really like the Silk too. I would say these two are my favorites.
I had a Bodyguardz Harmony I sent back because the speaker grill on the bottom really cut into my little finger when I was holding the phone. It looked great though.......

Is the back of the silk case sleek? I've been looking for the perfect clear case but slightly frosted so it doesn't show fingerprints and think this is the one! Do you by any chance have a pic of it on your phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh