Switching cases!!

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Is the back of the silk case sleek? I've been looking for the perfect clear case but slightly frosted so it doesn't show fingerprints and think this is the one! Do you by any chance have a pic of it on your phone?

It is a mat finish on the back that you can feel. The finish ends before the edges of the case, so it is completely clear where the gold stainless is and that looks very nice.
It’s a nice effect. Someone I work with is ordering one now too for his new Xr.
3badbd6ad154233bc345b4f36d198bd8.jpg
8b9607c4b7e74824cc8bba56c69593cf.jpg
0e93f96dae9fc18c3c05d7bd6dd1f75d.jpg

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It is a mat finish on the back that you can feel. The finish ends before the edges of the case, so it is completely clear where the gold stainless is and that looks very nice.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/3badbd6ad154233bc345b4f36d198bd8.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/8b9607c4b7e74824cc8bba56c69593cf.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/0e93f96dae9fc18c3c05d7bd6dd1f75d.jpg

Wow that is so nice with the gold! I ordered it for my XR ha!

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Still just one case for my Xr it's taken a lot of will power not to get any more cases. (Only been a week but I'm used to having several cases.) only reason I've been able to hold out is because only cases I've been wanting are real otterboxs to replace my fake one. So, no real point in it until something is wrong with this one.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
only reason I've been able to hold out is because only cases I've been wanting are real otterboxs to replace my fake one

I just returned what i think was a fake OB Symmetry for my Max, at worst it was a used return/faulty one. Got a real one locally and it's much better.
It's thinner/lighter and nicer to hold than my Monarch and the buttons are excellent.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I ordered this one knowing it was fake. Wasn't sure if I was getting the Xr or the 8 plus when I went to get mine on sale so I wanted cheap temp cases for both lol. But yeah I'll be getting a real defender soon. This one likes to fall out of the holster clip unless you clip it in screen out which I'm not cool with.

TechTs

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/3badbd6ad154233bc345b4f36d198bd8.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/8b9607c4b7e74824cc8bba56c69593cf.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181118/0e93f96dae9fc18c3c05d7bd6dd1f75d.jpg

How deep is the camera opening? (Does it protect the stainless steel ring around it)

Also how much lip does it have for the front? And how is the button feedback?

Sorry for all the questions but that looks good!

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
How deep is the camera opening? (Does it protect the stainless steel ring around it)

Also how much lip does it have for the front? And how is the button feedback?

Sorry for all the questions but that looks good!

It has a very nice lip around the front, especially for this type of case. The buttons are very nice and clicky- that’s super important to me too! The camera is recessed so it does not protrude past the case, but the opening is flat and not raised. So the camera does have some protection when you place your phone down.
This is my favorite transparent TPU case yet, and I’ve had a lot of them through the years. Lol!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It has a very nice lip around the front, especially for this type of case. The buttons are very nice and clicky- that’s super important to me too! The camera is recessed so it does not protrude past the case, but the opening is flat and not raised. So the camera does have some protection when you place your phone down.
This is my favorite transparent TPU case yet, and I’ve had a lot of them through the years. Lol!

Did you adjust to the size of the XS? I know you came from a plus. Did you ever get to see/hold the max?

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you adjust to the size of the XS? I know you came from a plus. Did you ever get to see/hold the max?

I have definitely adjusted to the Xs. I’m enjoying the size more than I thought I would.

I haven’t seen or held a Max, but this weekend we visited my daughter and son in law and she handed me her 8 Plus and it felt huge now! I was surprised I had forgotten the feel of it so quickly.

I think the Max is about the same outside dimensions as the 8Plus? I’m sure I would love that big screen, but this “little” guy is nice to hold.

How do you like your Xr?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have definitely adjusted to the Xs. I’m enjoying the size more than I thought I would.

I haven’t seen or held a Max, but this weekend we visited my daughter and son in law and she handed me her 8 Plus and it felt huge now! I was surprised I had forgotten the feel of it so quickly.

I think the Max is about the same outside dimensions as the 8Plus? I’m sure I would love that big screen, but this “little” guy is nice to hold.

How do you like your Xr?

I guess you just end up getting used to what you have right? I got rid of it...I couldnt accept the compromises. The screen isn't bad but it's not the OLED screen I'm used to and I didn't get that premium feel that I experience with the X.

I am debating on trying the max....again. I feel like if I upgrade I'd have to go big or go home because the X to XS is such a tiny upgrade....BUT, the XS size is just so nice and comfy!

Last edited:

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I guess you just end up getting used to what you have right? I got rid of it...I couldnt accept the comprises. The screen isn't bad but it's not the OLED screen I'm used to and I didn't get that premium feel that I experience with the X.

I am debating on trying the max....again. I feel like if I upgrade I'd have to go big or go home because the X to XS is such a tiny upgrade....BUT, the XS size is just so nice and comfy!

Oh! Didn’t know you didn’t keep it. I imagine the Xr is going to make people coming from a 7 or older very happy. But kinda hard from X to Xr after the OLED screen, as you say. Gotta agree.

You’re probably going to want the Max I bet. Or keep your X and wait for next year? But I agree going from X to Xs wouldn’t be a big change. That big screen though has got to be awesome on the Max. I’m afraid to see it.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Oh! Didn’t know you didn’t keep it. I imagine the Xr is going to make people coming from a 7 or older very happy. But kinda hard from X to Xr after the OLED screen, as you say. Gotta agree.

You’re probably going to want the Max I bet. Or keep your X and wait for next year? But I agree going from X to Xs wouldn’t be a big change. That big screen though has got to be awesome on the Max. I’m afraid to see it.

I could wait for next year, but what fun would that be haha. I just know myself and the jump in size is going to be a hard adjustment for me. The XR is the best size.

It is super nice. It also is super gigantic! Imagine that plus size but the entire phone is all screen to the tippy top! My thumb just makes it to the top of the X!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I had the X and sold it for a used 8 a month before the Max came out, X wasn't much bigger than the 8 in viewing area especially video.
Max makes a big difference. Really enjoying the Black OB Symmetry case.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Can you please clarify which case this is? Looks great!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The brand is Silk - the case is The Nudist. Amazon has them, sorry I don’t have the link on hand, but just put in the search “Silk Nudist iPhone Case.”

I just got mine for my space gray X and it is a very impressive case for that price! I despise fingerprints and this case fixes that issue on all those clear back cases.

Not to mention, the package it came in is the coolest I've ever seen!