Otterbox Pursuit or Lifeproof Next

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping any case junkies out there could help me. As the title says I’m looking at these 2 cases and would love to hear anyone’s opinion on which one and why.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the Pursuit on my X and it was rather large because they direct the speaker ports to the front. Felt like that bottom lip was rather large. Next makes it evenly bulky all the way around.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've tended to dislike the stuff from both brands. The context is IT admin so provisioning and support means I see and touch a lot of stuff. It seems like those really thick back cases mostly accomplish being ugly and making the phones harder to handle. Two series that have been protective and not so fat have been Incipio Octane and Speck Presidio.

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
I had the lifeproof personally I didn’t like it because of all the dust that got inside the case and it didn’t work well with the screen protector I had on it. I still have it just in case something happens to my screen protector and I wait on a new one but that’s just me

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I read here on another forum someone dropped their max in a next case 3 ft and shattered the back, case wasn't damaged ;)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the lifeproof personally I didn’t like it because of all the dust that got inside the case and it didn’t work well with the screen protector I had on it. I still have it just in case something happens to my screen protector and I wait on a new one but that’s just me

That dirt is something I don't like about some of the sold as super protective cases and many with stylized design. To some extent the Presidio Grips I like can be that way but they are easy to wash and scrub up.

My users have thick cases with a hole to show the Apple logo or not as much seal as the Specks have around the camera and over time the phone's finish get worn by those spots.

Honestly, it seems like you must remember to take the phone out and clean with most cases, and you need to get what you like. I work with people as much a fan of Otterbox, UAG and Life Proof as I am the simple cases.

:)

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
So after looking at both cases in person ended up not getting either and ordering the mous limitless 2.0 case. Other 2 were just too bulky. Really wanted the dust dirt and snow proof of the other 2 but not at the cost of the form and function of the phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox