FaceID Error

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
(Laughing)....Dude, that was a time when telephone booths were still on every corner.

Ah yes...phone booths

Heck, I remember pay phones being plentiful through the early 2k’s...
Imo, it’s only been in the last 6 years or so that they’ve become an endangered species, if not extinct. One of the last ones that I was aware of was at a local mall by the food court - it seemed like it went from there being 3 of them, down to 2, then 1, and within the past year or so none...
Maybe I’ll pour some champagne out tonight in memory of it, lol.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Heck, I remember pay phones being plentiful through the early 2k’s...
Imo, it’s only been in the last 6 years or so that they’ve become an endangered species, if not extinct. One of the last ones that I was aware of was at a local mall by the food court - it seemed like it went from there being 3 of them, down to 2, then 1, and within the past year or so none...
Maybe I’ll pour some champagne out tonight in memory of it, lol.

I haven’t seen a booth in years...but pay phones yes.... In airports

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t seen a booth in years...but pay phones yes.... In airports

The only phone booth that I can recall seeing in recent times (the last 10 years or so) was at a strip mall that had a Super Target as its anchor store. I’m not sure when it was removed, but I haven’t seen it (the phone booth) in years.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I saw 3 last year at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere central California off I-5 on the way back from Christmas in Big Bear CA. I didn't check to see if they actually worked, but I was highly amused.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I do miss hanging out at my local phone booth when I was a kid waiting on girls to call the number I gave them.

When I got older and got my first beeper I knew where all the phone booths were and would skid up to make a call

Good old days

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Phone booths, you have never lived until you have stepped inside the old UK red box in a howling gale on the moors,just to get out of the wind and roll a cigarette...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I do miss hanging out at my local phone booth when I was a kid waiting on girls to call the number I gave them.

When I got older and got my first beeper I knew where all the phone booths were and would skid up to make a call

Good old days

They have phone booths inside the NY Public Library in Midtown & my 18 year old was fascinated because she had never seen them before. It was hilarious

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I still know where one is in my town. The only one I’m aware of around. It’s by a store that’s closing though so not sure if it will make it much longer.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I remember watching this movie. It really isn't that old. Wonder what they would name it now if they made a reamke???lolp29323_v_v8_ab.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods