My I phone xs max's top speaker will stop working.I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for it too work again.Anyone else have this problem?
    11-06-2018 01:59 AM
    Yep, happened in the middle of a call. Made several call back attempts. My mic worked but I couldn’t hear anything in top speaker, through Bluetooth, or EarPods/AirPods. Did a reset and everything has been fine since.
    11-06-2018 07:41 AM
    Same here was on chat with Apple support. They told me to reset all settings hasn’t happened again. Crossing my fingers.
    Al Paca and Spencerdl like this.
    11-08-2018 12:54 AM
    Yep, happened in the middle of a call. Made several call back attempts. My mic worked but I couldn’t hear anything in top speaker, through Bluetooth, or EarPods/AirPods. Did a reset and everything has been fine since.
    You also said in another post that your FaceID was not working?

After a reset it worked again. Did you already take in consideration to visit an Apple store and arrange a Genius Bar appointment?

Looks like you Notch part might have hardware problems.
    Last edited by judgetom; 11-10-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    11-10-2018 09:23 AM
    You also said in another post that your FaceID was not working?

After a reset it worked again. Did you already take in consideration to visit an Apple store and arrange a Genius Bar appointment?

Looks like you Notch part might have hardware problems.
    Yep. I was actually debating about posting or not. Nonetheless here goes. I had a hardware and a software problem. Based on the “logs” I was told the FaceID issue was software and the Volume issue was hardware. IMO the Volume has to be a mixture of hardware and software. Regardless they both worked themselves out and couldn’t be reproduced. The response was based on the Genius Bar “knowledge” and my phones “logs”. I left with a brand new XS and left my XS Max behind...a combination of multiple things influenced that decision tho.
    11-10-2018 10:52 PM