Has anyone’s iPhone XS Max top speaker stopped working?

hondatech39

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
My I phone xs max's top speaker will stop working.I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for it too work again.Anyone else have this problem?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Re: does any ones I phone xs max top speaker stop working

Yep, happened in the middle of a call. Made several call back attempts. My mic worked but I couldn’t hear anything in top speaker, through Bluetooth, or EarPods/AirPods. Did a reset and everything has been fine since.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site

Same here was on chat with Apple support. They told me to reset all settings hasn’t happened again. Crossing my fingers.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
does any ones I phone xs max top speaker stop working

Yep, happened in the middle of a call. Made several call back attempts. My mic worked but I couldn’t hear anything in top speaker, through Bluetooth, or EarPods/AirPods. Did a reset and everything has been fine since.

You also said in another post that your FaceID was not working?

After a reset it worked again. Did you already take in consideration to visit an Apple store and arrange a Genius Bar appointment?

Looks like you Notch part might have hardware problems.

Last edited:

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site

You also said in another post that your FaceID was not working?

After a reset it worked again. Did you already take in consideration to visit an Apple store and arrange a Genius Bar appointment?

Looks like you Notch part might have hardware problems.

Yep. I was actually debating about posting or not. Nonetheless here goes. I had a hardware and a software problem. Based on the “logs” I was told the FaceID issue was software and the Volume issue was hardware. IMO the Volume has to be a mixture of hardware and software. Regardless they both worked themselves out and couldn’t be reproduced. The response was based on the Genius Bar “knowledge” and my phones “logs”. I left with a brand new XS and left my XS Max behind...a combination of multiple things influenced that decision tho.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal