Dual SIM Support Delayed on AT&T

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Can confirm has happened to me here and there. Only way I’ve been able to get it to switch back is have that person text to the correct number.

I actually noticed this happening when I send a message to someone with an Android device since it wants to convert it to a SMS message. Also in a group message where there are both Android and iOS devices.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I actually noticed this happening when I send a message to someone with an Android device since it wants to convert it to a SMS message. Also in a group message where there are both Android and iOS devices.

Not sure if this may help with making sure the phone sends a text from the number you want but i saw an option in Settings —>Messages to send message as SMS if iMessage is not available.

Perhaps this setting makes it so it’s doesn’t end up switching to your secondary number when sending a text msg when you don’t it to. See the screenshot for reference

63d13776e25a59d7b767297ad8cb704e.jpg

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this may help with making sure the phone sends a text from the number you want but i saw an option in Settings —>Messages to send message as SMS if iMessage is not available.

Perhaps this setting makes it so it’s doesn’t end up switching to your secondary number when sending a text msg when you don’t it to. See the screenshot for reference

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/63d13776e25a59d7b767297ad8cb704e.jpg

hmmm, I actually already have that enabled but I wonder if I turn it off then it won't force it to my secondary.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Never hurts to try. Let us know if turning it off works. I had some weird issues recently myself with the same problem lol.

Nope that didn't help. Turned it off and tried sending a text to my wife who has an Android device and it switched to my secondary. Had to have her text me back to my Primary to fix it.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope that didn't help. Turned it off and tried sending a text to my wife who has an Android device and it switched to my secondary. Had to have her text me back to my Primary to fix it.

Hmmm....think I might submit some feedback to Apple about this issue as I am sure a lot of people may be affected by this. Obviously this is Apple’s first go with eSIM so I guess there is bound to be some kind of small bugs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice