How many have you jumped from the X to the XS Max?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got the XS Max from the X on Apple Upgrade program.

Love it. Even though the X screen is bigger than the screen on a 7 or 8 Plus I really struggled reading stuff on websites and emails and my sight is 20/20.

XS Max is much clearer and is the phone the X should have been.

It’s clearer? It’s the same pixel density as the X. Sharpness is the same.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It’s clearer? It’s the same pixel density as the X. Sharpness is the same.

In my case the larger screen makes all the difference for apps not updated to all-glass type, but also helps with web pages even if they are responsive design. If a site is not responsive design or mobile turning the Max sideways really helps.

I can't put down the X or XS but do suggest checking out the Max if you do a lot of work and reading via your phone.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I told my self I was not going to upgrade from the X. I even was up when pre-release went live so I could not order an Xs, though I did order the new Watch. Of course, while I was "not ordering," someone posted about using the iUP (Apple Upgrade) program. I ended up signing up with iUP -- and I had a deadline of Wednesday (as I recall) to order a new phone. So, despite having the approval, I kept telling myself I would not order the XS Max. Tuesday evening, there was one store in my general area that still had the Xs Max I wanted available for launch day pick up, so I ordered it.

I'm mostly happy. I love having a larger screen again, just that I get frustrated if I need to use in one-handed or occasionally because of how large it is in my pocket.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yep I went from the X to the max. I’d had the 6 plus, 6S plus and 7 plus before the X so I always found the X too small. I’m really happy with my max now.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I made the jump because I missed the screen real estate that I lost when I went from 7 Plus to X. Guilt-free purchase here!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I made the jump because I missed the screen real estate that I lost when I went from 7 Plus to X. Guilt-free purchase here!

This was basically my only reason. Had Apple just released the XS and XR this year, I most likely would have gone for the XR simply for the bigger screen. The size of the X/XS feels too cramped, mostly for me while typing.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This was basically my only reason. Had Apple just released the XS and XR this year, I most likely would have gone for the XR simply for the bigger screen. The size of the X/XS feels too cramped, mostly for me while typing.

Exactly. I doubt I would have upgraded had it not been for the ridiculously huge display on the Max. I loved my X, I just couldn't get used to the display size. Unless Apple releases a 7 inch iPhone next year I likely won't be upgrading.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I doubt I would have upgraded had it not been for the ridiculously huge display on the Max. I loved my X, I just couldn't get used to the display size. Unless Apple releases a 7 inch iPhone next year I likely won't be upgrading.

That's what I'm thinking, this really is a nice size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73