Why does the Note 9 and S9+ open apps faster than the new iPhone models?

bassjo

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: Puzzling

I have had my xs max screen freeze a couple times, and it has also restarted 5 or 6 times in the three weeks I have had it. I guess I don’t see iOS or android much better then the other. It is strange that the iPhone test so much faster but in practice is basically the same. Then again it is funny how iPhone keeps apps open with only 4gb of ram and android needs 6 or 8. Would love to have both, but Verizon does not allow you to just swap the SIM card and go. No one else has good enough coverage.
Verizon doesn't have any issues with you swapping your sim card from your iPhone to your Note or vise-versa. I've done it numerous times without a problem. The only notable issue that you'll encounter is visual voicemail is free on the iPhone and you'd have to pay for it on any other device so when swapping between phones the voicemail, (non-visual) works on the note but when swapping back the visual voicemail doesn't immediately start working on the iPhone, if someone leaves you a message you'll get a cryptic text message.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Premium with who? I have Verizon, and visual voicemail is part of my service. I don't pay extra for it.

Premium is 2.99 a month on Verizon. It’s gives text messages as well as voice mail u can read

Regular is free when I put in your code to hear your messages.

I will call them but I am sure premium service is paid like I have always had

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am correct. If you want your visual voice mail transcribed it is 2.99
Called premium visual voice mail

Seeing my vm in transcription is quick and easy
Comes via in text message app too.
You can try is free for 90 days

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I guess it depends on the plan. Visual voicemail is included in my plan. All 4 lines get it, but there's no additional $2.99 tacked on.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Same with what I have. I like that you get a text message. Most times it’s hard to hear the voicemail.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I guess it depends on the plan. Visual voicemail is included in my plan. All 4 lines get it, but there's no additional $2.99 tacked on.

Same here. No extra charge for Visual Voicemail. There is also the visual voicemail transcription beta that seems to work pretty well.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Ok. Here’s the explanation from VERIZON. We are both correct
I had premium Verizon plan
Apple has visual voice mail with transcription too. The Verizon rep said their premium plan that’s 2.99 has better voice recognition and can better understand if words are muffled
But I have asked them to switch me to Apple version to see how I like it. 2.99 is 2.99. Adds up
So I am now on the Apple version at no additional cost. If I don’t like it I can get the premium
But I hope it’s ok

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73