Why does the Note 9 and S9+ open apps faster than the new iPhone models?

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
It's actually quite the contrary. I find your manufactured anger amusing since you're just trying to stir something up here.

I guess you're one of those people that if you hear a bit of critism about a product that you own then it must be someone trying to stir something up. Actually you are very wrong.

I paid 1449 euro (1650 dollars) for my iphone max and when you see phones half the price on speed tests beating it by a fairly large margin and all the negative comments about how trash the iphone is that it can't beat cheaper phones, overpriced junk blah blah all mostly negative comments i guess it kinda peeved me off a little.

Even coming from my Note 9 i notice the lag opening social media apps on the Max. I use KIK a lot and on the Note 9 it's practically instant and on the Max i first get a white screen then a connecting and eventually my messages. It's like loading on a 90's computer!

As for someone saying there might not be enough cooling so they throttle the phone by adjusting the ram management so the phone doesn't run as well as it should? Come on! Is that acceptable on a 1600 dollar phone??

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I guess you're one of those people that if you hear a bit of critism about a product that you own then it must be someone trying to stir something up.

In today's climate, yes.

I just find your "criticism" stupid in all honesty.

I paid 1449 euro (1650 dollars) for my iphone max and when you see phones half the price on speed tests beating it by a fairly large margin and all the negative comments about how trash the iphone is that it can't beat cheaper phones, overpriced junk blah blah all mostly negative comments i guess it kinda peeved me off a little.

Terrible, terrible argument. There are cars that are cheaper than others on the market and go from 0-60 in less time. With your logic, a fully-loaded $80k Escalade should go from 0-60 in less time than a Honda Accord.

Stop already with the, "I paid such and such for this! It should be this and that!" You guys really need to get over your entitled consumerism.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don’t have the Max yet. I am still on my 8+ but I am going to chime in just the same. I had more issues on Samsung and Android than I have on Apple. I switched 3 yrs this coming January. My Note would crash a lot even though I liked the Note. Had the 3,4,7,then the 5 and made that decision time switch to Apple. I really am happy with a much less hassle free device. I see more iPhones with customers than other brands. I am a retail manager and I see more iPhones than I do other brands. From kids to seniors. Apple Watch too. So the Android fan boys can yelp all they want. Apple isn’t going anywhere.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Puzzling

The fandroids are having a field day on youtube.

This is the least of my worries. I’ll never understand the competitiveness of whose OS is better and couldn’t care less about it. I like me iPhone and I’d hope they enjoy the phone they’re spending their money on.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don’t have the Max yet. I am still on my 8+ but I am going to chime in just the same. I had more issues on Samsung and Android than I have on Apple. I switched 3 yrs this coming January. My Note would crash a lot even though I liked the Note. Had the 3,4,7,then the 5 and made that decision time switch to Apple. I really am happy with a much less hassle free device. I see more iPhones with customers than other brands. I am a retail manager and I see more iPhones than I do other brands. From kids to seniors. Apple Watch too. So the Android fan boys can yelp all they want. Apple isn’t going anywhere.

I get the impression that in the US Apple holds its own quite well against all the various Android handsets and I think I may be being cautiously modest. In the Washington DC Metro area I too see more iPhones than the various Android alternatives. I’ve gone back and forth and I do enjoy the customization with Android but I’d be dishonest if I didn’t admit that my iPhones don’t just work more reliably with better compatibility. From Car Play to FaceTime, IME, iOS just works more seamlessly with less effort.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
In today's climate, yes.

I just find your "criticism" stupid in all honesty.

Terrible, terrible argument. There are cars that are cheaper than others on the market and go from 0-60 in less time. With your logic, a fully-loaded $80k Escalade should go from 0-60 in less time than a Honda Accord.

Stop already with the, "I paid such and such for this! It should be this and that!" You guys really need to get over your entitled consumerism.

EXCUSE ME?? My critism is a valid one and don't call me stupid, you obviously don't like it when other people have an opinion so tough!. I could tell that from your earlier stupid remark. So because someone has a different opinion to you it's stupid? Get over yourself please :rolleyes:

Just go onto all the reviews. The cheap oneplus6T phone beats the iphone aswell as all the other android phones not to mention the mate 20 pro! Even the oneplus beats the iphone in LTE speeds FFS. The iphone xs/max is a laughing stock in the smartphone world, just go on youtube and see the comments and reviews. Most all reviews against the Max seem to be negative.

I have every right to be angry and i'm very angry that the iphone max i paid a huge amount of money for is inferior to most of the cheap phones out there. Apple is ripping us off left right and centre.

If it's not bad enough against the fandroids, the XR owners are it aswell. They are all putting the max down to justify their XR purchase. Trying to make a laugh out of the max owners " oh i paid 400 dollars less for the same phone, screen just as good blah blah blah" so that put the nail in the coffin and i sold the max for 300 , i just had to get rid of it..sticking with my Note 9 for now. Never again will i buy an iphone !:concern:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think there might be some self esteem issues here. Regardless, I think for your own mental health you should stick with android. Being this angry over what people say about your product in comments sections on the internet isn’t good for anyone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
EXCUSE ME?? My critism is a valid one

It's silly.

Just go onto all the reviews. The cheap oneplus6T phone beats the iphone aswell as all the other android phones not to mention the mate 20 pro!

I'm not interested in that at all. I swear on everything I don't even know what the hell the mate 20 pro is.

The iphone xs/max is a laughing stock in the smartphone world

lol ok

I have every right to be angry and i'm very angry that the iphone max i paid a huge amount of money for is inferior to most of the cheap phones out there. Apple is ripping us off left right and centre.

So since these benchmark tests are this important to you, why didn't you have the presence of mind to check on that before your return period for your iPhone XS Max ended?

If it's not bad enough against the fandroids
I don't care.

Never again will i buy an iphone !

You probably typed your entire post from your iPhone.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’ve owned many iPhones and many high end Androids. In the end the iPhone is an overall better user experience, much better. That’s all that really matters. The rest is just noise.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
It's silly.

I'm not interested in that at all. I swear on everything I don't even know what the hell the mate 20 pro is.

lol ok

So since these benchmark tests are this important to you, why didn't you have the presence of mind to check on that before your return period for your iPhone XS Max ended?

I don't care.

You probably typed your entire post from your iPhone.

No more silly than your replies about my critism.

Nope i didn't write that post from an iphone i typed it from an Alienware 17 gaming laptop.

It's not just about benchmarks, it's about the phones performance. A phone third the price has faster LTE speeds. Not acceptable.

The fact that you never heard of a Huawei Mate 20 pro smartphone says you don't know much about phones so i guess i can understand why you don't understand my gripes with an overpriced phone.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I’ve owned many iPhones and many high end Androids. In the end the iPhone is an overall better user experience, much better. That’s all that really matters. The rest is just noise.

To be fair my Note 9 didn't do to bad against my Max. It's a good smooth snappy phone and i used it for a few months with no complaints.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Dude... Ok you feel outsmarted by apple ... Well hey, sell whatever iPhone you have ...keep the Note 9 because it's snappier by a millisecond.. you'll probably save an few hours every year opening apps and live your life

Am I a fan of apple? Not so much within the past two years

Am I a fan of their pricing ? Not since they hit the 1k tag

Do I have apple products? For now yes...

Do what you want to do with your money

You do you honey boo boo

torbach1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
OP, My mom was on a OnePlus 3T, and has been getting steady updates. The phone still runs very well. I got the OnePlus 6T for her and used it for a few days of compare it to my XS Max. The only reason I upgraded her or because the network we’re on, T-Mobile, has released two new LTE bands that the 3T didn’t support and she wasn’t getting a great signal.

The OnePlus 6T is insanely fast and it’s camera is very good. It’s not as good as the XSMax, Note 9, or Mate 20 Pro, but honestly, it’s more than good enough, and all of those phones have great cameras. We’re lucky enough to live in a time where almost every flagship phone has a great camera and is more than quick enough.

If I lived in EMEA, didn’t have a MacBook (you have Alienware right?), and didn’t have a lot of family and friends on iOS, I would switch if I could get a reasonable price selling the XSMax, or if I was within my return period. The price difference there is simply insane, and as good as the XS Max is, it’s most certainly not that much better, and in some areas, the OnePlus is better.

Personal I like both OS’, but recognize that each has its strengths and weaknesses because I use a MacBook as my primary laptop, and I can afford the XS Max, I’m sticking with that for now.

FWIW, I had the Note 8, and S9+, and they were not as unstable as some others experienced. They had a lot of great features that I really miss. But having the XSMax with a MacBook and an Apple Watch is the best experience for me. Nothing wrong with the others, and I’m paying a hefty price for all of this.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
An old thread and I usually don't post in threads like this but here goes.

I'm not fond of Samsung phones and never was, but I hate wasting time more so that settles it for me.