Why does the Note 9 and S9+ open apps faster than the new iPhone models?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here’s the answer as to why Android home screen and apps open faster. It’s visual. The animations are much faster or non existent on Android. iOS has animations for all these things. That’s the reason.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Not so sure. Even the Mate pro is embarrassingly beating the iphone in speed, the laughing stock of the Mate fanboys and 500 quid cheaper. Apple conned people with the A12 bionic chip. Looks like i'll be selling the Max, last iphone i'll ever own....

That’s based on animations more than anything else. The iPhone regularly beats android devices in speed tests as pointed out in the videos above. If commenters on YouTube are very important to you then you could either educate them or use what they tell you to use. That’s your call.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask an honest question? Who cares? If the only reason you don’t like it is cause android supposedly opens apps faster and android fanboys are “laughing” about it who really cares. If your happy with the phone keep it and use it. If your not sell it and move on, I don’t understand why it matters what a bunch of people on YouTube are saying about how “fast” the phone is or isn’t.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
The Oneplus6t has just handed the iphone max's ***. It beats it everywhere including games and loading webpages it's a huge difference. We are talking about a 550 dollar phone vs 1100 phone.

I'm wondering if apple are cheating somehow on the geek bench scores or there's something wrong with their software. I don't believe it's animations because it seems to struggle loading apps in comparison. My phone isn't faulty because it's the same on all iphones i have tried. I turned down the animations.

I'm sorry people if my posts offend anyone on here they are not meant to. I'm just a little p*****d spending so much on a phone that's supposed to have the fastest processor that doesn't feel fast.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Oneplus6t has just handed the iphone max's ***. It beats it everywhere including games and loading webpages it's a huge difference. We are talking about a 550 dollar phone vs 1100 phone.

I'm wondering if apple are cheating somehow on the geek bench scores or there's something wrong with their software. I don't believe it's animations because it seems to struggle loading apps in comparison. My phone isn't faulty because it's the same on all iphones i have tried. I turned down the animations.

I'm sorry people if my posts offend anyone on here they are not meant to. I'm just a little p*****d spending so much on a phone that's supposed to have the fastest processor that doesn't feel fast.

What is your definition of handing it’s ***?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The animations and overall speed are nice, but what’s going to happen to that 6t in the future as far as updates, or if it experiences a problem? Can’t just go to a one plus store and walk out with ether a repaired phone or a refurbished phone. Gotta send it in and be without a phone for who knows how long ( I’ve read where Htc has a several week turn around time). You will be lucky to get 2 MAYBE 3 Os updates on the one plus where my 6 plus is still getting new updates and may even get IOS 13. Sure it’s not fast but I have at least gotten 4-5 years of good use out of it where most androids can’t say that at all.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Also android phones are far right when they release, but a year or two down the road most fall flat on their face. I don’t upgrade a lot so I would rather have the Apple experience because to me it’s a more tortoise and the hare race. Apple may not appear the fastest but they are almost always a much better experience over the time than almost every android phone I’ve ever had.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask an honest question? Who cares? If the only reason you don’t like it is cause android supposedly opens apps faster and android fanboys are “laughing” about it who really cares. If your happy with the phone keep it and use it. If your not sell it and move on, I don’t understand why it matters what a bunch of people on YouTube are saying about how “fast” the phone is or isn’t.

Nuf said...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Your post is not offensive in any way - at least not to me. Having said that, have you returned your slow iPhone or put it up for sale? If not, why?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a Note 9 and it was a helluva phone. May it have been faster in some areas? I didn’t notice it if it was. I now have a Max and its fast and smooth. Even its its the fastest at everything there’s just no denying for me how well the iPhone works and how compatible it is with, seemingly, everything. There are things I miss about the Note 9 and S9+ before it, but their speed isn’t one of them. The iPhones are very fast.

Like was said above. How much faster did an app open on the Note? I can honestly say that in my experience iOS apps are clearly more polished than their Android counterparts. If that polish makes them open a fraction slower on paper I’m fine with that.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

This is all your personal experiences? Or what you saw on YouTube? Besides, what difference does it make if one is a fraction of a second faster? That's just really not an issue.

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
What does it matter if it’s giving you the user experience you want? Apps that are google based are going to open quicker on an android that’s just how it goes. But give it a year and see whose apps open quicker and whose battery is still holding up. That’s the ONLY reason I don’t hang on to an android longer than 6 months.

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
So I did a small test since I do carry an iPhone Xs Max and a Note 9. Here is what I found open faster for each app:

Camera app: iPhone
Contacts: iPhone
Youtube: Samsung
Instagram: Samsung
Facebook: Samsung
Spotify: iPhone
Tumblr: Samsung
Nest app: Samsung
Email app (3rd Party): Samsung
Whatsapp: Samsung
Snapchat: iPhone
Power Cycle on: iPhone (Samsung powered on before the iPhone but it had to go through an initial security start up which allowed the iPhone to surpass it)

Honestly the difference between the two was milliseconds. Only issue I ran into was opening Facebook. The Samsung did start up faster the first time while the iPhone would not load up. I had to close the app on both phones and try again, which the Samsung won again.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's quite likely like the Core i9 in MacBook Pro's, and there just isn't enough cooling to actually run at full. However, it also seems Apple adjusted the RAM management and the new iPhones don't run as well as they should. This is a product of iOS 12. And One Plus has almost always had no, or close to no, animations. It's a combination of all those factors and others. That being said, I don't think the difference is enough to make a big difference in time saves or any at all in overall usability.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I don’t think anyone is offended. I think most of us just don’t understand why a fraction of a second is cause for so much concern and getting so pissed about.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don’t think anyone is offended. I think most of us just don’t understand why a fraction of a second is cause for so much concern and getting so pissed about.

From my experience in the Android forums it seems seems that with there being so many different Android handsets that specs or anything that might differentiate one device from another becomes more important to some. Is one .1” larger than other? Does one use Kevlar while the other uses Carbon Fiber? I kind of see this falling into that category, but to some a lighter weight app that loads .25 seconds on one device versus another device that is even more expensive is a deal breaker.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
From my experience in the Android forums it seems seems that with there being so many different Android handsets that specs or anything that might differentiate one device from another becomes more important to some. Is one .1” larger than other? Does one use Kevlar while the other uses Carbon Fiber? I kind of see this falling into that category, but to some a lighter weight app that loads .25 seconds on one device versus another device that is even more expensive is a deal breaker.

Honestly if .25 seconds is enough for it to be a “deal breaker” for a certain phone that person isn’t going to be happy with any handset because they will always look for something to complain about. Plus all the statements of “Android fanboys laughing at us” triggers the statement of who cares as long as your happy with the phone and if your not move on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2