Why does the Note 9 and S9+ open apps faster than the new iPhone models?

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone explain this? I have had every iphone up until the X. I then switched to a S9+ and then a Note 9 which i might ad were excellent phones.

I then went back to Apple and bought a Max. One thing that bothers me the Note 9 and the S9+ launches apps much quicker than the max does despite this big A12 chip. Why is this?

I'm sorry for the rant but it p****s me off when i go on youtube reading all the comments from the Mate 20 pro brigade how s***t the iphone is being slow in speedt tests blah blah when you can't argue against it :concern::concern:

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Puzzling

I’d add that they do seem to load slower than the S9 i came from. Doesn’t really bother me much though.

That said I wish the LTE connectivity was better. Dropped 3 calls this week on my XS.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

I mean the apps themselves, for example like Instagram, Twitter, KIK, social media. They seem to load faster on androids. The fandroids are having a field day on youtube.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

My apps load fine. Regular apps always seem to load faster on Android and games usually seem to load faster on iPhone. I haven't really paid much attention though to as I love the Max and am extremely happy with it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone explain this? I have had every iphone up until the X. I then switched to a S9+ and then a Note 9 which i might ad were excellent phones.

I then went back to Apple and bought a Max. One thing that bothers me the Note 9 and the S9+ launches apps much quicker than the max does despite this big A12 chip. Why is this?

I'm sorry for the rant but it p****s me off when i go on youtube reading all the comments from the Mate 20 pro brigade how s***t the iphone is being slow in speedt tests blah blah when you can't argue against it :concern::concern:

How much faster are these apps opening on Androids devices? A fraction of a second? If so, why would that tick you off?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

So an Android device with twice the RAM of an iPhone X opens apps a fraction of a second faster. Wow! I'd be more ticked at the Android device

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I then went back to Apple and bought a Max. One thing that bothers me the Note 9 and the S9+ launches apps much quicker than the max does despite this big A12 chip.

I guess there's one thing left for me to do. I'm running out and get me a Note 9 right now (laughing).

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I don't know if apps load any faster on my Note 9 than they do on my Max, but I do know that apps crash a lot more frequently on my Note. As far as that goes, I can't really remember an app crashing on my Max. App crashes on the Note happen daily.

I have noticed games loading faster on the Max. Marvel Contest of Champions is a great example, the Max loads it noticeable faster. Often times the Note will hang on the loading screen and I have to kill the app and start over.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Apps load faster for me on the Max. The only app I have issues with is Tapatalk. Sometimes it freezes and I have to force close it. But it’s not unique to the Max. It’s been Ike this for a long time now. Had it on the iPhone X and prior as well. Other then that I don’t see where the Note is faster at all.

misterclean1ou812

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site

I don't know if apps load any faster on my Note 9 than they do on my Max, but I do know that apps crash a lot more frequently on my Note. As far as that goes, I can't really remember an app crashing on my Max. App crashes on the Note happen daily.

I have noticed games loading faster on the Max. Marvel Contest of Champions is a great example, the Max loads it noticeable faster. Often times the Note will hang on the loading screen and I have to kill the app and start over.

I have had my xs max screen freeze a couple times, and it has also restarted 5 or 6 times in the three weeks I have had it. I guess I don’t see iOS or android much better then the other. It is strange that the iPhone test so much faster but in practice is basically the same. Then again it is funny how iPhone keeps apps open with only 4gb of ram and android needs 6 or 8. Would love to have both, but Verizon does not allow you to just swap the SIM card and go. No one else has good enough coverage.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have had my xs max screen freeze a couple times, and it has also restarted 5 or 6 times in the three weeks I have had it. I guess I don’t see iOS or android much better then the other. It is strange that the iPhone test so much faster but in practice is basically the same. Then again it is funny how iPhone keeps apps open with only 4gb of ram and android needs 6 or 8. Would love to have both, but Verizon does not allow you to just swap the SIM card and go. No one else has good enough coverage.

Not sure what you mean by Verizon won’t allow you to swap SIM cards and go. I swap mine between the Note and Max almost weekly with no issues. I usually do a reboot to make sure the number takes on the phone, but haven’t really had any issues.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by Verizon won’t allow you to swap SIM cards and go. I swap mine between the Note and Max almost weekly with no issues. I usually do a reboot to make sure the number takes on the phone, but haven’t really had any issues.

Yea there were days is used 2 different phones in the same day.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

That’s just the animation on iOS.

Go to settings, general, accessibility, and turn on reduce motion.

Sorry op but the iPhone Xs is much faster than anything Samsung offers.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Not so sure. Even the Mate pro is embarrassingly beating the iphone in speed, the laughing stock of the Mate fanboys and 500 quid cheaper. Apple conned people with the A12 bionic chip. Looks like i'll be selling the Max, last iphone i'll ever own....

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone blows away any Android offering year after year. App opening “speed tests” are a laughable example of comparing phone speeds.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the iPhone Xs max is faster than the note 9.

ad212ab3d06b0004dcc22b352a88fa27.jpg

Also the screen is better on the iPhone X’s max compared to the note 9

8bf83c3afb14bc05236ff495ac4864d8.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4uvm85aaDCE

Here is another test where the iPhone X’s max beats the note 9.
4c7e2cf339d00b7254f66cc319a7f2d8.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqUjqbXMZA

iPhone Xs max is even faster than the pixels 3.
305837a96061063737df6c56210e79e6.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Usvx_rJogxg

Last edited:

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
9/10 web based applications/social media apps open faster on android. It’s been that way for years. Gaming apps open faster on iOS. Nothing new :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR