The Oneplus6t has just handed the iphone max's ***. It beats it everywhere including games and loading webpages it's a huge difference. We are talking about a 550 dollar phone vs 1100 phone.

I'm wondering if apple are cheating somehow on the geek bench scores or there's something wrong with their software. I don't believe it's animations because it seems to struggle loading apps in comparison. My phone isn't faulty because it's the same on all iphones i have tried. I turned down the animations.

I'm sorry people if my posts offend anyone on here they are not meant to. I'm just a little p*****d spending so much on a phone that's supposed to have the fastest processor that doesn't feel fast.
    What is your definition of handing it’s ***?
    11-02-2018 03:29 PM
    The animations and overall speed are nice, but what’s going to happen to that 6t in the future as far as updates, or if it experiences a problem? Can’t just go to a one plus store and walk out with ether a repaired phone or a refurbished phone. Gotta send it in and be without a phone for who knows how long ( I’ve read where Htc has a several week turn around time). You will be lucky to get 2 MAYBE 3 Os updates on the one plus where my 6 plus is still getting new updates and may even get IOS 13. Sure it’s not fast but I have at least gotten 4-5 years of good use out of it where most androids can’t say that at all.
    11-02-2018 03:34 PM
    Also android phones are far right when they release, but a year or two down the road most fall flat on their face. I don’t upgrade a lot so I would rather have the Apple experience because to me it’s a more tortoise and the hare race. Apple may not appear the fastest but they are almost always a much better experience over the time than almost every android phone I’ve ever had.
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-02-2018 03:40 PM
    Can I ask an honest question? Who cares? If the only reason you don’t like it is cause android supposedly opens apps faster and android fanboys are “laughing” about it who really cares. If your happy with the phone keep it and use it. If your not sell it and move on, I don’t understand why it matters what a bunch of people on YouTube are saying about how “fast” the phone is or isn’t.
    Nuf said...
    jhnnyblze2000 and torbach1 like this.
    11-02-2018 03:42 PM
    The Oneplus6t has just handed the iphone max's ***. It beats it everywhere including games and loading webpages it's a huge difference. We are talking about a 550 dollar phone vs 1100 phone.

I'm wondering if apple are cheating somehow on the geek bench scores or there's something wrong with their software. I don't believe it's animations because it seems to struggle loading apps in comparison. My phone isn't faulty because it's the same on all iphones i have tried. I turned down the animations.

I'm sorry people if my posts offend anyone on here they are not meant to. I'm just a little p*****d spending so much on a phone that's supposed to have the fastest processor that doesn't feel fast.
    Your post is not offensive in any way - at least not to me. Having said that, have you returned your slow iPhone or put it up for sale? If not, why?
    MasterDarque and joemd60 like this.
    11-02-2018 03:48 PM
    I had a Note 9 and it was a helluva phone. May it have been faster in some areas? I didn’t notice it if it was. I now have a Max and its fast and smooth. Even its its the fastest at everything there’s just no denying for me how well the iPhone works and how compatible it is with, seemingly, everything. There are things I miss about the Note 9 and S9+ before it, but their speed isn’t one of them. The iPhones are very fast.

Like was said above. How much faster did an app open on the Note? I can honestly say that in my experience iOS apps are clearly more polished than their Android counterparts. If that polish makes them open a fraction slower on paper I’m fine with that.
    Last edited by tadpoles; 11-02-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Easycure1974 likes this.
    11-02-2018 04:33 PM

This is all your personal experiences? Or what you saw on YouTube? Besides, what difference does it make if one is a fraction of a second faster? That's just really not an issue.
    tadpoles and JHarperStewart like this.
    11-02-2018 04:54 PM
    What does it matter if it’s giving you the user experience you want? Apps that are google based are going to open quicker on an android that’s just how it goes. But give it a year and see whose apps open quicker and whose battery is still holding up. That’s the ONLY reason I don’t hang on to an android longer than 6 months.
    11-02-2018 05:16 PM
    So I did a small test since I do carry an iPhone Xs Max and a Note 9. Here is what I found open faster for each app:

Camera app: iPhone
    Contacts: iPhone
    Youtube: Samsung
    Instagram: Samsung
    Facebook: Samsung
    Spotify: iPhone
    Tumblr: Samsung
    Nest app: Samsung
    Email app (3rd Party): Samsung
    Whatsapp: Samsung
    Snapchat: iPhone
    Power Cycle on: iPhone (Samsung powered on before the iPhone but it had to go through an initial security start up which allowed the iPhone to surpass it)

Honestly the difference between the two was milliseconds. Only issue I ran into was opening Facebook. The Samsung did start up faster the first time while the iPhone would not load up. I had to close the app on both phones and try again, which the Samsung won again.
    Tpence2177 and torbach1 like this.
    11-02-2018 08:16 PM
    It's quite likely like the Core i9 in MacBook Pro's, and there just isn't enough cooling to actually run at full. However, it also seems Apple adjusted the RAM management and the new iPhones don't run as well as they should. This is a product of iOS 12. And One Plus has almost always had no, or close to no, animations. It's a combination of all those factors and others. That being said, I don't think the difference is enough to make a big difference in time saves or any at all in overall usability.

11-02-2018 09:25 PM
    11-03-2018 11:52 AM
    I don’t think anyone is offended. I think most of us just don’t understand why a fraction of a second is cause for so much concern and getting so pissed about.
    Ledsteplin, cwbcpa and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-04-2018 12:58 PM
    I don’t think anyone is offended. I think most of us just don’t understand why a fraction of a second is cause for so much concern and getting so pissed about.
    From my experience in the Android forums it seems seems that with there being so many different Android handsets that specs or anything that might differentiate one device from another becomes more important to some. Is one .1” larger than other? Does one use Kevlar while the other uses Carbon Fiber? I kind of see this falling into that category, but to some a lighter weight app that loads .25 seconds on one device versus another device that is even more expensive is a deal breaker.
    11-05-2018 12:20 PM
    From my experience in the Android forums it seems seems that with there being so many different Android handsets that specs or anything that might differentiate one device from another becomes more important to some. Is one .1” larger than other? Does one use Kevlar while the other uses Carbon Fiber? I kind of see this falling into that category, but to some a lighter weight app that loads .25 seconds on one device versus another device that is even more expensive is a deal breaker.
    Honestly if .25 seconds is enough for it to be a “deal breaker” for a certain phone that person isn’t going to be happy with any handset because they will always look for something to complain about. Plus all the statements of “Android fanboys laughing at us” triggers the statement of who cares as long as your happy with the phone and if your not move on.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-05-2018 12:33 PM
    I'm sorry people if my posts offend anyone on here they are not meant to.
    It's actually quite the contrary. I find your manufactured anger amusing since you're just trying to stir something up here.
    11-05-2018 01:18 PM
    It's actually quite the contrary. I find your manufactured anger amusing since you're just trying to stir something up here.
    I guess you're one of those people that if you hear a bit of critism about a product that you own then it must be someone trying to stir something up. Actually you are very wrong.

I paid 1449 euro (1650 dollars) for my iphone max and when you see phones half the price on speed tests beating it by a fairly large margin and all the negative comments about how trash the iphone is that it can't beat cheaper phones, overpriced junk blah blah all mostly negative comments i guess it kinda peeved me off a little.

Even coming from my Note 9 i notice the lag opening social media apps on the Max. I use KIK a lot and on the Note 9 it's practically instant and on the Max i first get a white screen then a connecting and eventually my messages. It's like loading on a 90's computer!

As for someone saying there might not be enough cooling so they throttle the phone by adjusting the ram management so the phone doesn't run as well as it should? Come on! Is that acceptable on a 1600 dollar phone??
    11-06-2018 05:54 AM
    Get yourself a nice Android phone and be happy pal.
    11-06-2018 06:48 AM
    I guess you're one of those people that if you hear a bit of critism about a product that you own then it must be someone trying to stir something up.
    In today's climate, yes.

I just find your "criticism" stupid in all honesty.

I paid 1449 euro (1650 dollars) for my iphone max and when you see phones half the price on speed tests beating it by a fairly large margin and all the negative comments about how trash the iphone is that it can't beat cheaper phones, overpriced junk blah blah all mostly negative comments i guess it kinda peeved me off a little.
    Terrible, terrible argument. There are cars that are cheaper than others on the market and go from 0-60 in less time. With your logic, a fully-loaded $80k Escalade should go from 0-60 in less time than a Honda Accord.

Stop already with the, "I paid such and such for this! It should be this and that!" You guys really need to get over your entitled consumerism.
    11-06-2018 01:05 PM
    It doesn’t matter. The max is fast enough.
    11-07-2018 01:57 PM
    I don’t have the Max yet. I am still on my 8+ but I am going to chime in just the same. I had more issues on Samsung and Android than I have on Apple. I switched 3 yrs this coming January. My Note would crash a lot even though I liked the Note. Had the 3,4,7,then the 5 and made that decision time switch to Apple. I really am happy with a much less hassle free device. I see more iPhones with customers than other brands. I am a retail manager and I see more iPhones than I do other brands. From kids to seniors. Apple Watch too. So the Android fan boys can yelp all they want. Apple isn’t going anywhere.
    11-07-2018 10:37 PM
    The fandroids are having a field day on youtube.
    This is the least of my worries. I’ll never understand the competitiveness of whose OS is better and couldn’t care less about it. I like me iPhone and I’d hope they enjoy the phone they’re spending their money on.
    cwbcpa, jhnnyblze2000 and tadpoles like this.
    11-11-2018 01:05 AM
    I don’t have the Max yet. I am still on my 8+ but I am going to chime in just the same. I had more issues on Samsung and Android than I have on Apple. I switched 3 yrs this coming January. My Note would crash a lot even though I liked the Note. Had the 3,4,7,then the 5 and made that decision time switch to Apple. I really am happy with a much less hassle free device. I see more iPhones with customers than other brands. I am a retail manager and I see more iPhones than I do other brands. From kids to seniors. Apple Watch too. So the Android fan boys can yelp all they want. Apple isn’t going anywhere.
    I get the impression that in the US Apple holds its own quite well against all the various Android handsets and I think I may be being cautiously modest. In the Washington DC Metro area I too see more iPhones than the various Android alternatives. I’ve gone back and forth and I do enjoy the customization with Android but I’d be dishonest if I didn’t admit that my iPhones don’t just work more reliably with better compatibility. From Car Play to FaceTime, IME, iOS just works more seamlessly with less effort.
    11-12-2018 01:11 PM
    In today's climate, yes.

I just find your "criticism" stupid in all honesty.

Terrible, terrible argument. There are cars that are cheaper than others on the market and go from 0-60 in less time. With your logic, a fully-loaded $80k Escalade should go from 0-60 in less time than a Honda Accord.

Stop already with the, "I paid such and such for this! It should be this and that!" You guys really need to get over your entitled consumerism.
    EXCUSE ME?? My critism is a valid one and don't call me stupid, you obviously don't like it when other people have an opinion so tough!. I could tell that from your earlier stupid remark. So because someone has a different opinion to you it's stupid? Get over yourself please

Just go onto all the reviews. The cheap oneplus6T phone beats the iphone aswell as all the other android phones not to mention the mate 20 pro! Even the oneplus beats the iphone in LTE speeds FFS. The iphone xs/max is a laughing stock in the smartphone world, just go on youtube and see the comments and reviews. Most all reviews against the Max seem to be negative.

I have every right to be angry and i'm very angry that the iphone max i paid a huge amount of money for is inferior to most of the cheap phones out there. Apple is ripping us off left right and centre.

If it's not bad enough against the fandroids, the XR owners are it aswell. They are all putting the max down to justify their XR purchase. Trying to make a laugh out of the max owners " oh i paid 400 dollars less for the same phone, screen just as good blah blah blah" so that put the nail in the coffin and i sold the max for 300 , i just had to get rid of it..sticking with my Note 9 for now. Never again will i buy an iphone !
    Auronda40 likes this.
    11-12-2018 01:28 PM
    I think there might be some self esteem issues here. Regardless, I think for your own mental health you should stick with android. Being this angry over what people say about your product in comments sections on the internet isn’t good for anyone.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    11-12-2018 04:22 PM
    EXCUSE ME?? My critism is a valid one
    It's silly.

Just go onto all the reviews. The cheap oneplus6T phone beats the iphone aswell as all the other android phones not to mention the mate 20 pro!
    I'm not interested in that at all. I swear on everything I don't even know what the hell the mate 20 pro is.

The iphone xs/max is a laughing stock in the smartphone world
    lol ok

I have every right to be angry and i'm very angry that the iphone max i paid a huge amount of money for is inferior to most of the cheap phones out there. Apple is ripping us off left right and centre.
    So since these benchmark tests are this important to you, why didn't you have the presence of mind to check on that before your return period for your iPhone XS Max ended?

If it's not bad enough against the fandroids
    I don't care.

Never again will i buy an iphone !
    You probably typed your entire post from your iPhone.
    11-12-2018 04:37 PM
78 1234