Any Android users switch to the new iPhone XS line ?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I did since I really wanted a watch so I went from Pixel 2 XL to iPhone XS Max. Enjoying it a lot so far. The ecosystem has dragged me in (iMessage, Facetime, Family Sharing, etc.)

Also absolutely love my Series 4 LTE watch.

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I had Note 8 & OnePlus 6 and I bought XS Max now, waited for the Max version since iPhone X released now finally playing with it:yes:

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
S9+>Note8>One Plus 6>Note 9>XS Max. Haven't had a chance to open the Max yet. Just arrived today. AW 4 arrives tomorrow.

I have gripes about both OS's. I just can't stay with one phone long enough to get used to it and keep it.

Zorachus

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
S9+>Note8>One Plus 6>Note 9>XS Max. Haven't had a chance to open the Max yet. Just arrived today. AW 4 arrives tomorrow.

I have gripes about both OS's. I just can't stay with one phone long enough to get used to it and keep it.

Curious what you think of the XS Max ?

I went from my Pixel 2 XL I had for a very long time ( 10 months ) which for me is super long for keeping a smartphone. But I was very happy and comfortable with it. Stock rooted Android is just so good to me.

I am now on the Pixel 3 XL, which I like, but it's more of a side grade from my 2 XL or feels like a Pixel 2 XL part 2.

But kind of itching for something different, and the XS Max intrigues me, but iOS ? Ugh iOS.

Last iPhone I had was the iPhone 7 Plus and it was ok, but iOS was painful. I had it maybe 4 months, before running back to a new Nexus 6P.

But iOS 12 seems better compared to iOS 10 on that 7 Plus, she the new gesture navigation.

So...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I switch all the time but I just switched to the Max from the Pixel 3xl and Note 9 before that.

So far so good although I do also love apple. The screen is amazing but so were the other two listed. Battery life is better than the Pixel for sure. Build is much more solid feeling. Notch is smaller. Keyboard is better.

One thing I didn’t like about the pixel is it limits the charging. So unless your using googles chargers it won’t truly fast charge. My Samsung fast chargers wouldn’t fast charge the pixel. Not sure if it’s different for the iPhone but that was a gripe I had with the 3XL.

I did have to exchange my iPhone today though as the one I got yesterday has a uneven back plate that was lifted from the frame. Got a new one and it’s perfect now.

Pixel 3 XL?! That literally just came out. Did it suck that bad? Haha.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL?! That literally just came out. Did it suck that bad? Haha.

Didn’t suck lol. But the memory closing apps all the time was frustrating. Bottom speaker sounded weird. At first I didn’t hear it. People complained but I didn’t notice anything but once I did I couldn’t stop. Sound on video recording was horrible. But other than that the Pixel was a good phone. I liked the screen. Notch didn’t bother me. I actually like how the screen wraps around the notches of phones. Looks cool to me. But once I played with the max I was sold. I love large screen phones anyways. Battery life has been amazing on the max as well. Battery life on the pixel was short.

Zorachus

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I do like my Pixel 3 XL, but thinking of seriously looking at the iPhone XS Max.

I still have my Pixel 2 XL, and to be honest, as cool and nice as my 3 XL is, it's not a massive upgrade from my 2 XL ( which I knew going into this ). But every time I'm at Best Buy and play with the XS Max, I'm just blown away by it.

I don't know why ? The full screen, near bezeless and no chin is a big factor. It just looks so darn good. And iOS just feels do fluid and smooth. And the gesture navigation seems neat and better than Android 9's pill.

When I hold the XS Max, it looks and feels like a future phone. When I'm on my Pixel 3 XL, it's nice, but doesn't feel very futuristic, seems like last year's phone with a big notch.

My only beef would be iOS. Can I get comfortable ? No themes, no customization. Will it be fast and lag free like stock Android ?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I do like my Pixel 3 XL, but thinking of seriously looking at the iPhone XS Max.

I still have my Pixel 2 XL, and to be honest, as cool and nice as my 3 XL is, it's not a massive upgrade from my 2 XL ( which I knew going into this ). But every time I'm at Best Buy and play with the XS Max, I'm just blown away by it.

I don't know why ? The full screen, near bezeless and no chin is a big factor. It just looks so darn good. And iOS just feels do fluid and smooth. And the gesture navigation seems neat and better than Android 9's pill.

When I hold the XS Max, it looks and feels like a future phone. When I'm on my Pixel 3 XL, it's nice, but doesn't feel very futuristic, seems like last year's phone with a big notch.

My only beef would be iOS. Can I get comfortable ? No themes, no customization. Will it be fast and lag free like stock Android ?

The XS Max looks better than the Pixel 3 XL because that's how a notched phone is supposed to look--narrow notch, nearly bezelless display--instead of that abomination Google came out with. The speakers sound richer on the iPhone vs the Pixel as well. As for your last question, yes, iOS will be fast and lag free like stock Android. In fact, it's better. There's less lag.

I returned my Pixel 3 XL today and picked up the iPhone XS Max. It doesn't have as good of a camera, but the overall package is better.

Zorachus

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
The XS Max looks better than the Pixel 3 XL because that's how a notched phone is supposed to look--narrow notch, nearly bezelless display--instead of that abomination Google came out with. The speakers sound richer on the iPhone vs the Pixel as well. As for your last question, yes, iOS will be fast and lag free like stock Android. In fact, it's better. There's less lag.

I returned my Pixel 3 XL today and picked up the iPhone XS Max. It doesn't have as good of a camera, but the overall package is better.

Thanks for the reply, but are you a long time iOS user or a [H]ardcore Android guy ? I can see people ditching their Pixel's or Galaxy's and going back to the iPhone easily, f that's what they've normally used over the years. But what about people that have been mostly using Android for years, how does going to an iPhone for the first time in like 5+ years go ?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but are you a long time iOS user or a [H]ardcore Android guy ? I can see people ditching their Pixel's or Galaxy's and going back to the iPhone easily, f that's what they've normally used over the years. But what about people that have been mostly using Android for years, how does going to an iPhone for the first time in like 5+ years go ?

I use both Android and Apple very frequently. I don't think one is better than the other, TBH. Each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR