I’m sorry, I wasn’t sure of the correct forum to ask this in. I’m upgrading to a Max so I just came in.

For years we have done the next program with ATT. This year we were going to enroll in the Apple upgrade program. Can I do that if I don’t own the phone from ATT free and clear yet? Previously I would get the phone from ATT and send the other one back in the same box. Does the same still happen here, only I’m not sending it to Apple?
    10-15-2018 02:13 PM
    As I understand it, you won't be able to do the Apple Upgrade (iUP) program. I believe, though don't know for sure, that you must have an upgrade available on your cell plan to join iUP.
    10-15-2018 02:17 PM
    Apple will let you proceed with the iUP even if you have a current balance on your line. Im just not sure what happens after that. Its very possible that you could continue on and have two payments, one through AT&T and one through Apple. Or, the balance on your current phone could show up on your next bill. Proceed with caution.

I just checked with one of my lines that I know has a balance and here is what it tells me. Granted its Verizon, but I would imagine it would be the same with AT&T.

Trade in to XS Max question-screen-shot-2018-10-15-3.27.34-pm.png
    Lesawags likes this.
    10-15-2018 04:27 PM