I’m so sick of using them but worry about scratches. Anyone not using one that can report how their screen is looking?”
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    10-10-2018 01:39 PM
    I've never used a screen protector on any smartphone with a glass screen. So almost 10 or so years. I've never noticed any scratches on any of my phones.
    nikkisharif and phlamethrowre like this.
    10-10-2018 01:44 PM
    I’m so sick of using them but worry about scratches. Anyone not using one that can report how their screen is looking?”
    Definitely not trying that lol. I have never had any issues with glass screen protectors that i use....i kinda forget their even there🤷🏽*♂️
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-10-2018 01:44 PM
    My display looks new and I never use a screen protector on my iPhones.
    10-10-2018 02:03 PM
    I have decided to not use a screen protector since my first PDA back in 2006 when I bought a Palm Treo.

Just use your device and enjoy it.
    10-10-2018 02:20 PM
    I never use a screen protector, my screen is also like new.
    phlamethrowre and Ledsteplin like this.
    10-10-2018 04:13 PM
    I have never used a screen protector, except the built in one on the OtterBox Defender I used on my iPhone 5. The older type with the flap over the home button. For me, a screen protector is a waste of money.
    pr1nce likes this.
    10-10-2018 05:38 PM
    I don’t feel there’s a need to ever use a screen protector, but that’s just me🤷🏾*♀️
    Ledsteplin and pr1nce like this.
    10-10-2018 06:12 PM
    If you get a full glass screen one you don't even know you have one on, i can't stand the ones that don't go to edges or leave the notch out. Also helps a bit with swiping if you use a protective type case not as much lip.
    I paid $40AUD installed for mine and its perfect.
    10-10-2018 06:48 PM
    I have never used a screen protector, except the built in one on the OtterBox Defender I used on my iPhone 5. The older type with the flap over the home button. For me, a screen protector is a waste of money.
    Oh, my 6s Plus screen has no scratches or anything after 3 years with no protective screen. I don't put anything in the same pocket with my iPhone.
    pr1nce likes this.
    10-10-2018 06:57 PM
    If you get a full glass screen one you don't even know you have one on, i can't stand the ones that don't go to edges or leave the notch out. Also helps a bit with swiping if you use a protective type case not as much lip.
    I paid $40AUD installed for mine and its perfect.
    Can you give me a link to your screen protector?
    10-10-2018 07:18 PM
    Don't use one either. Never had a problem.
    10-10-2018 11:19 PM
    Can you give me a link to your screen protector?
    I am in Australia and i forget the brand but i got it locally, for my X i had the iCarez which is similar.

https://www.amazon.com/iCarez-Covera...mUvbUpU3098148
    10-10-2018 11:25 PM
    I have my iPhone 7 covered by Simply Carbon Fiber. It's the only true Carbon Fiber case I've seen. The same company makes a really great glass screen protector as well.
    Has anyone decided to just NOT use a screen protector?-image_58d33f4d-6eed-45e5-a2f6-684cc7f51aeb_1024x.jpg
    10-11-2018 01:41 AM
    Bottom line is everyone’s results will vary. Some have jobs where they sit behind a desk and the phone rides in a cradle all day. Others have more demanding environments. At the end of the day if you’re comfortable using your phone without one then go for it. As for me..... well let’s just say I’ve always used a screen protector. I have a busy life and the protector has saved me a few times along the way.
    10-11-2018 01:42 AM
    There’ll be scratches over time.
    I haven’t been using a screen protector since the 6s Plus. If you want to keep your screen 100% scratch free, then you’ll need a screen protector.
    10-11-2018 03:21 AM
    I break phones alot so no.
    10-11-2018 05:57 AM
    Screen protectors are overrated. After about 10 years of using smartphones I’ve never used a screen protector and I’ve yet to crack a screen. My wife has also never used a screen protector and has never cracked a screen. My four year old doesn’t have one on his iPod Touch and—you guessed it—has never cracked his screen.
    10-11-2018 06:59 AM
    Bottom line is everyone’s results will vary. Some have jobs where they sit behind a desk and the phone rides in a cradle all day. Others have more demanding environments. At the end of the day if you’re comfortable using your phone without one then go for it. As for me..... well let’s just say I’ve always used a screen protector. I have a busy life and the protector has saved me a few times along the way.
    All good points. Well said.
    10-11-2018 07:00 AM
    I don't have one and probably will not have one, though I may review some
    10-11-2018 09:44 AM
    EXACTLY. Well written/said Doug B. I personally have always used some sorta screen protection (Zagg mostly) and it gives me a sense of security and that alone is worth it to ME.
    tadpoles and Quis89 like this.
    10-11-2018 09:55 AM
    I always use a screen protector. Had the Bodyguardz on my iPhone X, dropped the phone face down on a pile of rocks and thought the phone was a goner. After removing the protector the phone was like new underneath.

Without the protector I would have had to replace my iPhone's screen.
    10-11-2018 08:43 PM
    So here's my experience. I ALWAYS used screen protectors. I bought my iPhone X and bought into Apples hype of "the most durable glass ever put in a smartphone" and went, "HOORAY!! I don't need a screen protector".

I go literally 1 hour with my iPhone in the same pocket as my Airpods (I didn't realize this at the time until after the fact) and pull my iPhone X out an I have a huge disgusting gash at the top of my phone that goes down about an inch. It's ugly and easily noticeable.

So my theory is we never need a screen protector until we needed a screen protector. So I won't go without one again. Just my two cents.
    10-12-2018 11:48 AM
    So here's my experience. I ALWAYS used screen protectors. I bought my iPhone X and bought into Apples hype of "the most durable glass ever put in a smartphone" and went, "HOORAY!! I don't need a screen protector".

I go literally 1 hour with my iPhone in the same pocket as my Airpods (I didn't realize this at the time until after the fact) and pull my iPhone X out an I have a huge disgusting gash at the top of my phone that goes down about an inch. It's ugly and easily noticeable.

So my theory is we never need a screen protector until we needed a screen protector. So I won't go without one again. Just my two cents.
    Exactly right
    blaine07 likes this.
    10-12-2018 12:49 PM
    I most certainly have not decided such. Lol
    10-12-2018 09:30 PM
48 12