Has anyone decided to just NOT use a screen protector?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Bottom line is everyone’s results will vary. Some have jobs where they sit behind a desk and the phone rides in a cradle all day. Others have more demanding environments. At the end of the day if you’re comfortable using your phone without one then go for it. As for me..... well let’s just say I’ve always used a screen protector. I have a busy life and the protector has saved me a few times along the way.

EXACTLY. Well written/said Doug B. I personally have always used some sorta screen protection (Zagg mostly) and it gives me a sense of security and that alone is worth it to ME.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I always use a screen protector. Had the Bodyguardz on my iPhone X, dropped the phone face down on a pile of rocks and thought the phone was a goner. After removing the protector the phone was like new underneath.

Without the protector I would have had to replace my iPhone's screen.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So here's my experience. I ALWAYS used screen protectors. I bought my iPhone X and bought into Apples hype of "the most durable glass ever put in a smartphone" and went, "HOORAY!! I don't need a screen protector".

I go literally 1 hour with my iPhone in the same pocket as my Airpods (I didn't realize this at the time until after the fact) and pull my iPhone X out an I have a huge disgusting gash at the top of my phone that goes down about an inch. It's ugly and easily noticeable.

So my theory is we never need a screen protector until we needed a screen protector. So I won't go without one again. Just my two cents.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So here's my experience. I ALWAYS used screen protectors. I bought my iPhone X and bought into Apples hype of "the most durable glass ever put in a smartphone" and went, "HOORAY!! I don't need a screen protector".

I go literally 1 hour with my iPhone in the same pocket as my Airpods (I didn't realize this at the time until after the fact) and pull my iPhone X out an I have a huge disgusting gash at the top of my phone that goes down about an inch. It's ugly and easily noticeable.

So my theory is we never need a screen protector until we needed a screen protector. So I won't go without one again. Just my two cents.

Exactly right

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector on any of my iPhones. All of my phone screens have been in perfect condition. I never put anything in the pocket with my phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I never put anything in the pocket with my phone.

Me neither. I just turned in a nearly flawless iPhone X after over a year of use that spent 99% of its life outside of case and with no screen protector. I suppose that’s why I don’t feel the need to use a screen protector. Those who are less careful should probably at least think about using one though.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No screen protector here. I haven’t used one since the 6 series. I try one every year just to say I did, but they don’t last more than a few hours and it comes off.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I always use one, always have, and often share my pockets with keys.pocket knives,change etc. I have scratched my 3Gs and my 4 and have done this through a plastic screen cover.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I might be more likely to use one if I didn’t see it on the phone. The Peel Glass I think lasted the longest since it was edge to edge with no notch cut out. I think that one lasted a week.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I will always use a screen protector! Not only does it protect my screen but my finger seems to just glide across it smoother than with just the phone glass. Maybe that’s my imagination but it sure seems that way – LOL

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had my XS over two weeks now and haven’t put a screen protector on it yet and my screen looks just fine. The XS screen is supposed to be more scratch resistant, but time will tell.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had my XS over two weeks now and haven’t put a screen protector on it yet and my screen looks just fine. The XS screen is supposed to be more scratch resistant, but time will tell.

I hope they went back to the coating of the 6s/6s Plus. IMO, those screens were the best. There are no scratches on my 6s Plus & that phone got tossed around like crazy lol

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

How are you liking it I remember you went from X to 8? I did too but now have a Max lol. Big size difference but enjoying it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I hope they went back to the coating of the 6s/6s Plus. IMO, those screens were the best. There are no scratches on my 6s Plus & that phone got tossed around like crazy lol

The 6/6s did have a very durable screen coating. So far the coating they used on the XS is holding up well, time will tell.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

On the other side of the coin, I’ve never used screen protectors and have never had anything like this happen. If I was prone to these types of accidents, I’d probably use one too, though. I just prefer to enjoy the phone as-is.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
On the other side of the coin, I’ve never used screen protectors and have never had anything like this happen. If I was prone to these types of accidents, I’d probably use one too, though. I just prefer to enjoy the phone as-is.

I understand that. To each their own. 99% of the time there is nothing in my pocket with my phone. But the lone time it happened, it bit me in the rear. Lesson learned. I'll remain protected going forward. Things happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73