Has anyone decided to just NOT use a screen protector?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I’m so sick of using them but worry about scratches. Anyone not using one that can report how their screen is looking?”

gabbott

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on any smartphone with a glass screen. So almost 10 or so years. I've never noticed any scratches on any of my phones.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I’m so sick of using them but worry about scratches. Anyone not using one that can report how their screen is looking?”

Definitely not trying that lol. I have never had any issues with glass screen protectors that i use....i kinda forget their even there🤷🏽*♂️

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have decided to not use a screen protector since my first PDA back in 2006 when I bought a Palm Treo.

Just use your device and enjoy it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector, except the built in one on the OtterBox Defender I used on my iPhone 5. The older type with the flap over the home button. For me, a screen protector is a waste of money.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

If you get a full glass screen one you don't even know you have one on, i can't stand the ones that don't go to edges or leave the notch out. Also helps a bit with swiping if you use a protective type case not as much lip.
I paid $40AUD installed for mine and its perfect.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector, except the built in one on the OtterBox Defender I used on my iPhone 5. The older type with the flap over the home button. For me, a screen protector is a waste of money.

Oh, my 6s Plus screen has no scratches or anything after 3 years with no protective screen. I don't put anything in the same pocket with my iPhone.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
If you get a full glass screen one you don't even know you have one on, i can't stand the ones that don't go to edges or leave the notch out. Also helps a bit with swiping if you use a protective type case not as much lip.
I paid $40AUD installed for mine and its perfect.

Can you give me a link to your screen protector?

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I have my iPhone 7 covered by Simply Carbon Fiber. It's the only true Carbon Fiber case I've seen. The same company makes a really great glass screen protector as well.
image_58d33f4d-6eed-45e5-a2f6-684cc7f51aeb_1024x.jpg

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line is everyone’s results will vary. Some have jobs where they sit behind a desk and the phone rides in a cradle all day. Others have more demanding environments. At the end of the day if you’re comfortable using your phone without one then go for it. As for me..... well let’s just say I’ve always used a screen protector. I have a busy life and the protector has saved me a few times along the way.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
There’ll be scratches over time.
I haven’t been using a screen protector since the 6s Plus. If you want to keep your screen 100% scratch free, then you’ll need a screen protector.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors are overrated. After about 10 years of using smartphones I’ve never used a screen protector and I’ve yet to crack a screen. My wife has also never used a screen protector and has never cracked a screen. My four year old doesn’t have one on his iPod Touch and—you guessed it—has never cracked his screen.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Bottom line is everyone’s results will vary. Some have jobs where they sit behind a desk and the phone rides in a cradle all day. Others have more demanding environments. At the end of the day if you’re comfortable using your phone without one then go for it. As for me..... well let’s just say I’ve always used a screen protector. I have a busy life and the protector has saved me a few times along the way.

All good points. Well said.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox