Earpiece speaker not working

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys. I have the Xs max and I have noticed that the earpiece speaker stops working from time to time.. I am having to restart the phone for having it to start working again. Funny thing is, I can still listen to phone calls so I guess it's a software issue.

Any one facing the issue as well? Read over the Internet and it seems to be a issue for many people.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this problem on my Xs Max, but clearly Apple's quality control is taking yet another hit.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I don't have this problem on my Xs Max, but clearly Apple's quality control is taking yet another hit.

It definitely has.. Every since iOS 11, every other day seem to face one or the other issue. And now this.

Although ios 12 has been a blessing, it's the way ios should always have been.

Just for my info, do you own a pair of airpods or any other bluetooth headphones? It seems to occur mostly after I connect and disconnect my airpods.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It definitely has.. Every since iOS 11, every other day seem to face one or the other issue. And now this.

Although ios 12 has been a blessing, it's the way ios should always have been.

Just for my info, do you own a pair of airpods or any other bluetooth headphones? It seems to occur mostly after I connect and disconnect my airpods.

Yes, I own a pair of AirPods and have been using bluetooth headphones since forever ( I dislike wires...LOL). Hopefully this can be fixed, but I would definitely give Apple a call concerning this issue.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Just for argument sake, can you turn bluetooth off on your iPhone for a while and see of the issue continues?

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I own a pair of AirPods and have been using bluetooth headphones since forever ( I dislike wires...LOL). Hopefully this can be fixed, but I would definitely give Apple a call concerning this issue.

Haha.. Same here.. Hate wires.. Using bluetooth earphones ever since they got half way decent. The convenience is just too good to give up.

Strange that u are not facing the issue after airpods connection (lucky you!). M 90% sure it's after I connect and disconnect my airpods.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So u mean just turn off bluetooth and observe for a day? Yeah I can do that...
I'll give it a try.

Yep. Turn off BT and see if the speaker still gives you problems. This way we can tell if it's a speaker issue or BT issue.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Yep. Turn off BT and see if the speaker still gives you problems. This way we can tell if it's a speaker issue or BT issue.

I think this worked.... I turned off bluetooth form settings and then restarted it... Connected my airpods disconnected them.. Earpiece speaker still works....! Will see if it continues throughout the day as I connect airpods several times a day. Wish me luck!

And thank you so much for the tip!

bbrown13

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. Earpiece speaker works for a few days, then stops. Have to restart to get it working again. Always the earpiece speaker too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW