AirPlay from YouTube Doesn’t Work

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
The option is there, but I haven’t been able to get it to work from any of my devices in months. Is this a known bug, or is there something I’m missing?

- Apple TV 4K
- Tried from iPhone X, iPhone 8+, iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 10.5. None of them have worked.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It has to be enabled on the ATV:

d6f443114b78f0fc47d91c6e3ebc5197.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s enabled and I can use it from Photos, screen mirroring, etc. but it fails if I try to AirPlay a video directly from YouTube.

I was unable to reproduce your issue. I started a YouTube video on my phone and chose to airplay to my Apple TV and it started up right away. Do you have the latest YouTube, iOS, and Apple TV updates installed?

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I was unable to reproduce your issue. I started a YouTube video on my phone and chose to airplay to my Apple TV and it started up right away. Do you have the latest YouTube, iOS, and Apple TV updates installed?

Interesting. Everything is up to date, I wonder if I need to reset the Apple TV. When I select AirPlay, it acts like it’s going to work on both the TV and my phone, then starts playing on the phone after a few seconds and the TV goes back to the main menu. Thanks for testing it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Everything is up to date, I wonder if I need to reset the Apple TV. When I select AirPlay, it acts like it’s going to work on both the TV and my phone, then starts playing on the phone after a few seconds and the TV goes back to the main menu. Thanks for testing it.

Do you have both devices on the same Wi-Fi?
Is your Apple TV connected with cable to internet or Wi-Fi?

Sometimes a restart helps. I’d do that before doing a reset if I were you.

I only have this issue happening if my iPhone is on cellular data while I want to use AirPlay

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711