The option is there, but I haven’t been able to get it to work from any of my devices in months. Is this a known bug, or is there something I’m missing?

- Apple TV 4K
    - Tried from iPhone X, iPhone 8+, iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 10.5. None of them have worked.
    10-08-2018 03:00 PM
    Do you have AirPlay enabled on your Apple TV?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-08-2018 03:13 PM
    Do you have AirPlay enabled on your Apple TV?
    It’s enabled and I can use it from Photos, screen mirroring, etc. but it fails if I try to AirPlay a video directly from YouTube.
    10-08-2018 03:37 PM
    It has to be enabled on the ATV:

10-08-2018 03:37 PM
    It’s enabled and I can use it from Photos, screen mirroring, etc. but it fails if I try to AirPlay a video directly from YouTube.
    Whoops. You replied before I did. Sorry.
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    10-08-2018 03:38 PM
    Hmm, I usually just use the YouTube app on the Apple TV, I’ll check it out when this episode of my show is done and see if I can duplicate the issue.
    itsnotmeitsyou and Tartarus like this.
    10-08-2018 03:40 PM
    I was unable to reproduce your issue. I started a YouTube video on my phone and chose to airplay to my Apple TV and it started up right away. Do you have the latest YouTube, iOS, and Apple TV updates installed?
    10-08-2018 03:47 PM
    I was unable to reproduce your issue. I started a YouTube video on my phone and chose to airplay to my Apple TV and it started up right away. Do you have the latest YouTube, iOS, and Apple TV updates installed?
    Interesting. Everything is up to date, I wonder if I need to reset the Apple TV. When I select AirPlay, it acts like it’s going to work on both the TV and my phone, then starts playing on the phone after a few seconds and the TV goes back to the main menu. Thanks for testing it.
    10-08-2018 03:53 PM
    Interesting. Everything is up to date, I wonder if I need to reset the Apple TV. When I select AirPlay, it acts like it’s going to work on both the TV and my phone, then starts playing on the phone after a few seconds and the TV goes back to the main menu. Thanks for testing it.
    Do you have both devices on the same Wi-Fi?
    Is your Apple TV connected with cable to internet or Wi-Fi?

Sometimes a restart helps. I’d do that before doing a reset if I were you.

I only have this issue happening if my iPhone is on cellular data while I want to use AirPlay
    10-08-2018 04:52 PM